Author Topic: Casting Clone Trooper Helms?  (Read 2730 times)

Offline ATL

• Youngling
  • Cody shot my Illama
    • View Profile
Casting Clone Trooper Helms?
« on: November 13, 2006, 07:24 PM »
I would like to know how much catalyst(spelling ???) you use to harden the resin on a basic clone trooper helmet?I have the molds made it's just the darn catalyst.
Could someone also help me with molding guns.Not so much casting just getting the molds right.

FOR THE REPUBLIC!
I love the 212th

Offline Ruprecht

• Jedi Initiate
  • Yes I did say it.
    • View Profile
Re: Casting Clone Trooper Helms?
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2006, 10:12 PM »
I just use product for casts that has a 1:1 mix ratio....equal parts A and B, so I'm not sure about ratios of hardener.  It might be helpful if you include what type of resin you're working with...

For removable helmets I use Smooth-on Smooth-Cast 45D, available from smooth-on.com.

As for gun molds, if you're just starting out, follow Glassman's tutorial over at Iron-Cow.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2006, 10:05 PM by Ruprecht »

Offline Straxus

• Jedi Initiate
  • Flaming Human Torso Productions
    • View Profile
    • My MYSPACE page
Re: Casting Clone Trooper Helms?
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2006, 07:36 PM »
ATL, are you using a clear plastic resin by chance? Reason I ask is alot of those available at hobby stores require a catalist that is usualy 1/10 or something of the amount of the primary resin amount.
...carbon stars with ancient satellites colonized by sentient fungi. Gas giants inhabited by vast meteorological intelligences. Worlds stretched thin across the membranes where dimensions intersect...