Author Topic: PLEASE DON'T REPACK: Worst Ideas For Repacks  (Read 8184 times)

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
PLEASE DON'T REPACK: Worst Ideas For Repacks
« on: November 13, 2006, 10:24 PM »
Please dont repack:

any of the 2002 figs!
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Mitsukara

• Jedi Initiate
  • Casual/Poor Collector and Customizer
    • View Profile
Re: PLEASE DON'T REPACK: Worst Ideas For Repacks
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2007, 08:31 PM »
Buff he-man 1995 Luke! XD

How about please stop repacking? The current Episode III/ROTS Anakin with the action feature and swappable hands was a bad figure when it was new, and I'm sad to see it being printed AGAIN this year. Why not repack Evolutions ROTS Anakin instead?

Another bad figure: VOTC C3PO. I would rather see the POTF2 wave 1 C3PO coming back, and that's not a very good figure by today's standards. VOTC C3PO is the worst C3PO sculpt ever designed in my opinion. Sorry Hasbro.

TSC/ 500th figure Darth Vader was cool when he was new, but there are waaaaaaay too many in circulation now and there are much better Darth Vaders we'd rather be seeing. No one wants to see this guy on the pegs again and here he comes in the Saga Legends collection. Blah. Anyone who wants one has one now, I would think. I'd much rather see Evolutions Vader come back (complete with removeable helmet and original softgoods).

Speaking of Vader... why is episode III Vader still being made? He's not fun, he doesn't look good, and he's been outdone by three different figures, one of which is older than he is... it's simply a bad figure, and it's not going to sell with collectors.

Sorry if my opinions are rude and inappropriate, but these are just eyesores that really stick out at me. I think most other collectors would agree about these particular repacks.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2007, 07:29 PM »
Sorry if my opinions are rude and inappropriate, but these are just eyesores that really stick out at me. I think most other collectors would agree about these particular repacks.

Hardly. They're spot on.

One that should be included, but not mentioned is the Cantina Han that has been repacked a million times under various names.

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2007, 08:16 PM »

How about please stop repacking? The current Episode III/ROTS Anakin with the action feature and swappable hands was a bad figure when it was new, and I'm sad to see it being printed AGAIN this year. Why not repack Evolutions ROTS Anakin instead?

This is the one I have to feel the most strongly about, ROTS Ani with action feature is really starting to annoy, especially because the Evo one is around.
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 3, 2007, 05:45 PM »
What not to repack:

1.  Anything made prior to 2003's "Clone Wars" subline
2.  POTF2 Cantina Han
3.  Figures with stupid action features that have superior super-articulated versions (e.g. ROTS #2 Anakin vs. ROTS Evolutions Anakin; ROTS #11 Vader vs. Evolutions Vader)
4.  ROTS Mace Windu

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 4, 2007, 08:35 PM »
What not to repack:

1.  Anything made prior to 2003's "Clone Wars" subline

Oola? 2-1B? Ishi Tib? Pote Snitkin? Pit Droids? Holo Sidious or Sio Bibble would be okay, too?

There are a few good figures made prior to the CW subline.
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com

Offline brian_peppers

• Banned
  • Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 7, 2007, 08:50 PM »
2002 super battle droid
I suck.

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2007, 03:20 PM »
Dr. Evazan-what a load of crap this figure is. He's in desperate need of a new sculpt.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2007, 04:08 PM »
Yeah, Evazan is definitely a re-do. Whoever sculpted that PoS should be banished to the lands of the Knights who say "Ni"  where they demand a sacrifice.

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2007, 04:23 PM »
Yeah, Evazan is definitely a re-do. Whoever sculpted that PoS should be banished to the lands of the Knights who say "Ni"  where they demand a sacrifice.

LOL

Yeah, it is truly a work of Shart - Sh.t Art (Not to be confused with Shart - Sh.t and Fart) heh heh.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2007, 06:15 PM »
Any 2002 Anakin...

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2007, 07:46 PM »
Is it me or do most of those Anakins look like he has to take a dump or just has?

Offline Darth Simmons

• Youngling
  • Insert something clever here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2007, 06:09 PM »
I have to say the VTSC Endor Han. This figure was so over articulted that he looked awful, and he was sickly skinny. He looked anorexic. The ball joint head made him look like he had been hanging from a noose (all human ball jointed head figures look stretch-necked. I hate 'em!) He was WAY over articulated and some of the articulation was in the weirdest places. Why in the middle of his chest? Shouldn't it had been at the natural line of his waist? Isn't that an obvious choice? C'mon Hasbro! Plus the ankle hinge made his boots look womanly.
Hasbro, ball jointed heads suck! They make figures look like they've been hung by a noose. Please use neck ball joints like the late 80's GI Joes.

Offline Darth Simmons

• Youngling
  • Insert something clever here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2007, 05:50 PM »
OK Hasbro, just stop producing the 30th Anniversary Luke Skywalker Moisture Farmer figure. It looks awful! The only reason people are buying it is for the vaporator. Just sell us the vaporator in an accessory pack or something. This sculpt looks nothing like Mark Hamil. The POTF2 Flashback and commtech versions looked better than this one! (There's no knee articulation either!)

In fact I was so put-off by the TAC Luke that I made my own custom from the POTF2 Commtech & Flashback versions.The one on the left is the main. On the right is the one I made from leftover parts. Both look better than the TAC version.

Hasbro, ball jointed heads suck! They make figures look like they've been hung by a noose. Please use neck ball joints like the late 80's GI Joes.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2007, 01:12 PM »
Actually I like the ball/socket joints Hasbro is using.

They make for a more natural looking pose if you're wanting the head tilted I think...  Much more versatile, and definitely simpler than injection-molded ball/socket joints like Dutch Vander's.  I don't think they all look bad, and actually I think very few have had  an awkward look to them really.  Usually I blame that on sculpt more than design.  VTSC Han was I believe more odd due to the head's excessive shrinkage, more than anything.

His articulation at the torso was a little overdone too, but I think the rest of the figure is pretty decent and iwth the vest on he's quite nice.  Take the arms/legs and sculpt up a new torso, and I'd be pretty happy I think.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77