Author Topic: Battlestar Galactica Toys (DST, Hasbro, & Joyride)  (Read 16467 times)

Offline Billy Ray

• Youngling
    • View Profile
    • Alamo City Star Wars Collectors
Battlestar Galactica Toys (DST, Hasbro, & Joyride)
« on: November 18, 2006, 12:18 PM »
Noticed that there was no thread for Battlestar Galactica toys here?  What gives?

Due to the popularity of the new series (which rules BTW), the number of BSG collectibles have been on the rise.  Majestic Studios amkes some pretty nice 12" figures, Joyride Studios has done some very nice Action Fleet style ships, and of course Hasbro has done the Titanium ships, has the upcoming Titanium Cylon figure, and has made allusions to a possible action figure line in a couple Q&As (I really hope this one comes to pass).

Anyway, is anybody on here collecting BSG stuff too?  I have Majestic's Apollo, Starbuck, and Cylon 12" figures from the classic series (pretty nice...not quite Sideshow, but still good), I have a Joyride Cylon Raider (awesome), and all the BSG Titaniums.
« Last Edit: February 8, 2008, 06:20 PM by Ryan »

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: No love for Galactica?
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2006, 12:52 PM »
Don't forget Joyride's 7' figures as well...

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2006, 11:51 PM »
I've been picking up the Titanium vehicles.  I passed on the 2" Galactica and Home One but did get the Ultra Galactica.

If they made a 3.75" line of figures for the new series I'd probably buy them but I haven't picked up any of the larger scale figures that are out now.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2006, 09:59 PM »
I don't think the toys are that great, but I'm obsessed with the new series, and I'd love to see some toys produced from it. However, it is a very mature show, so I'm not sure we'd see any huge push to get these on the pegs or anything.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline JohnH

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • DC Collector Universe
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2006, 09:02 PM »
I'm a figure away from completing my vintage MOC collection, and hope to pick up some multipacks and the Viper & Raider at some point.  The 6" Joyride figures look pretty good as well, though I haven't picked any up yet. 

I'm kind of surprised the popularity of the new series hasn't caused a little more of a spike in the old stuff.  I just sold a MOC Ovion for a whopping $10.49, and I've seen a lot of figures relatively cheap. 

Anyone getting the Cylon Minimates?  Pretty darn sweet if you ask me.  :)

John

Offline Billy Ray

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2006, 01:07 AM »
Just read on Rebelscum that there will be a Titamium Classic Series Cylon Raider as well a Battlestar Pegasus!  I am assuming the Pegasus is from the new series as they haven't gotten around to a classic Galactica yet.

Offline JohnH

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • DC Collector Universe
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2006, 10:46 AM »
Completed my MOC run yesterday.  :)

http://www.toytraderz.com/coppermine/displayimage/album=16/pos=0.html

I might consider augmenting the run with a brown Daggit.  Doubt I'll get into the back variations though (6-back vs. 10-back).

John

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 1, 2006, 03:12 AM »
Nice job, John.  That's a cool run of figures.   

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2006, 08:52 PM »
Just read on Rebelscum that there will be a Titamium Classic Series Cylon Raider as well a Battlestar Pegasus!  I am assuming the Pegasus is from the new series as they haven't gotten around to a classic Galactica yet.

I missed that report. Great news.

I've bought select Titaniums.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Billy Ray

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 6, 2007, 06:14 PM »
Well, the Pegasus and Classic Raider look pretty darn nice!  Still searching for the Classic Viper.  Also worked a trade to get the Joyride Viper...should be here in a couple of days, really looking forward to that one.

I read on a BSG site somewhere the other day that Joyride no longer has the license for figures/etc.  and that another company had picked it up...possibly Hasbro?  They did allude to 3 3/4" BSG figures in one of their Q&As a while back.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2007, 02:01 AM »

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2007, 03:05 PM »
...possibly Hasbro?  They did allude to 3 3/4" BSG figures in one of their Q&As a while back.

They did mention that.  I hope Toy Fair 2007 gives us a glimpse.  Here's hoping it is Classis Galactica too.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2007, 04:37 PM »
Good god!  :o  :o  8)

Battlestar Galactica 1/4 scale Colonial Viper

What is it with SciFi geeks and Hooters?  The PSWCS has been known to frequent that establishment as well...   ;D

That's an awesome looking rocket though.  There's a GI Joe collector, J. Steven York, who launches model rockets and has videoed some of them plus I just watched "October Sky" this past weekend...I'm getting the bug to launch rockets again.  That's something I haven't done since I was 12 or 13 and was launching the $5 rockets we bought at the local hobby store.

E...

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2007, 08:17 PM »
The PSWCS has been known to frequent that establishment as well...   

Raspet used to claim it was because the buffalo chicken sandwich was so big and such a value...  I dunno.

Personally, we've altered our path to John Harvard's for beer...  Either we're getting old or the waitresses at Hooters were too hefty of late.  Given that I still go there ot watch Wrestling with friends for PPV's, I can attest the latter is true to an extent...  at least around here, but tha'ts a Pittsburgh Hooters so I can't really expect much either.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2007, 10:02 AM »
What is it with SciFi geeks and Hooters?  The PSWCS has been known to frequent that establishment as well...   ;D

A complete and utter lack of a sex life? 

Raspet used to claim it was because the buffalo chicken sandwich was so big and such a value...  I dunno.

Yeah, I used to work with a guy that said he went there because the food was so good ::)
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.