Author Topic: Battlestar Galactica Toys (DST, Hasbro, & Joyride)  (Read 16469 times)

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
Re: Battlestar Galactica Toys (DST, Hasbro, & Joyride)
« Reply #30 on: March 3, 2008, 07:26 PM »
If Hasbro came out with a 3 3/4" new BSG line, I'd give up the SW line.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #31 on: March 12, 2008, 05:50 PM »
If Hasbro came out with a 3 3/4" new BSG line, I'd give up the SW line.

I probably would end up doing the same actually. Don't get me wrong, I love Star Wars, but Galactica is far and away the best Sci-Fi (let alone TV in general) I've ever seen so I'd change my focus to Galactica in a heartbeat. The 7" figures aren't bad so far, but because they cost more, and take up more space I won't ever be able to army build the cylons like I'd like to. As nice as that Series 2 Centurion from DST looks I'll probably only end up with 2-4. With a 3 3/4" version I might go for about 40 of them, plus human models. 3 3/4" is a much better scale to work with if for doing any sort of diorama work.
"This is the way."

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #32 on: May 30, 2008, 03:19 AM »
Sideshow Collectibles LIFE SIZE Cylon Centurion

:o

Sweet Jesus. I HAVE to get one of these at some point. Does anyone happen to have an extra $7900 laying around? I can only image how cool it would be to have two of these puppies standing guard at the outside of the collection room door. As cool as this is, I can't imagine there are many collectors who can afford to spend $7900 on one single piece. That could buy you a real nice used car. I guess I'll have to wait until I win the lotto.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2008, 03:19 AM by Ryan »
"This is the way."

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 4, 2008, 11:27 AM »
Now that's dedication if you buy that. It's hard to imagine that there's even a market for life sized statues, but I guess they wouldn't make one otherwise.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline spiderpumpkin

• Jedi Padawan
  • Secto-Viper
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 22, 2008, 06:54 PM »
Picked up both Classic BSG minimate sets on Wednesday at a comic shop.  They are awesome but I can't remove Boomer's helmet now because it fits too well.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 27, 2009, 09:38 AM »
I found a titanium Starbuck viper with the new SW titanium wave. Didn't even know it was coming out.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 27, 2009, 06:49 PM »
Looks like DST is going to have an exclusive Cylon at the NY Comic-Con in February.

I saw that the newest wave of Titaniums had a Viper.  I've been looking for that wave to drop locally so I can pick it up.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #37 on: January 27, 2009, 07:31 PM »
There's two more things I have to track down...

If anyone is going to NYCC and wouldn't mind picking me up a Cylon I'd greatly appreciate it and I can throw in a little finder's fee. :)
"This is the way."

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #39 on: February 14, 2009, 11:58 PM »
Thanks Dale! :)

My Apollo & Dualla two-packs arrived the other day. (I accidentally ordered two ::) ) It is a pretty nice little set. They included a bunch of little accessories. There's a stack of paper ballots from th Roslin v. Baltar Election and a Ballot box, a few books and binders, playing cards, and boxing gloves (a weird choice since Lee didn't fight with his dress uniform on, but they are still a nice inclusion).

I love how every single DST line ALWAYS gets delayed MONTHS after the target release date. It feels like we've been waiting on Series 3 forever... There is a bunch of stuff on the horizon, including a bunch of exclsuives. I wonder how long it will be until any of this gets released?

I've got that extra MOC Apollo & Dualla if anyone is looking for one. 
"This is the way."