Author Topic: New JD Review: Chief Chirpa  (Read 6679 times)

Offline Amanaman

• Youngling
    • View Profile
Re: New JD Review: Chief Chirpa
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2006, 07:06 PM »
The Chief is the best Ewok ever. Sculpt and paint are excellent. The scale is correct, Teebo was a giant, taller than most humans. Ball jointed head is the way to go, and Hasbro promised more new ewoks next year. Let's see how they follow through.

I only paid $5, so that wasn't a problem. Hasbro figures are abundant, so don't hesitate to wait for a sale.

I won't mix him with older ewoks, as it looks out of place, but it's okay, I'll start a new ewok village!

Speaking of scale, isn't Rappertunie a little large?

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2006, 02:14 AM »
Rappertunie does seem pretty oversized, though not many good shots of him with others exist.

That said, I can't say I agree on waiting for sales...  As much as I would love a good price on it, if you want it I wouldn't pass up a figure hoping to get it cheaper.  I haven't seen a Chirpa on the pegs in at least a few weeks if not over a month.  He certainly seems to not be rotated as much as others in that wave have been.  About the only Endor figures I see are Jerjerrod, 3PO, and the smattering of DSG's still shipping out...  Beyond that, I haven't seen Chirpa making the rounds heavily like others.

I loved Teebo for what he was, but given Chirpa's stature and Hasbro's new direction with Ewoks, I could stnad a resculpt of all current Ewoks at this point...  Save maybe the Glider Ewok, just to save buying another one of those.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2006, 11:50 AM »
rappertunie is one of my favorite figs ever
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!