Author Topic: 2004 - 12 INCH?  (Read 13545 times)

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
2004 - 12 INCH?
« on: June 3, 2003, 05:23 PM »
Anyone heard what 12 inchers are on tap for 2004?  If any?  I barely know what is in store for 2003 but thought I'd ask anyway.  

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
Re: 2004 - 12 INCH?
« Reply #1 on: June 3, 2003, 05:37 PM »
Last wave of 12" figures I heard of was the Biker Scout w/Speeder Bike, Ewoks, Endor Leia w/Speeder Biker, and ROTJ Luke Skywalker.  Haven't heard anything past those figures, and nothing at all for 2004.
dustrho

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 3, 2003, 05:38 PM »
Yep, that's the latest that I remember.  I was gone for vacation a few weeks ago.  Thought maybe I might have missed something.  

Offline chuckles

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 3, 2003, 07:17 PM »
There's also a new Yoda coming out in the same wave as the Ewoks, Luke and Scout Trooper. Those too are the last ones I've heard about so far.

Offline stan

• Jedi Initiate
  • Choose Your Destiny!!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 3, 2003, 10:23 PM »
it was announce at another webiste where someone interview with
hasbro scuplter (he scuplted the new 12" Gamorean Guard, Max Rebo)
that he just finish a total new scupt of Momaw Nadon(Hammerhead).
As far as any others none has been announce!!!!  It would be nice
to see Rebels fleet trooper, Garadan, and even a new total rescupt
of the Imperial Stormtrooper.

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 5, 2003, 11:54 AM »
Hammerhead is near the top of my list.  Hope it comes out early next year.  That would be nice.  Yeah, I'd love to have a Rebel Fleet Trooper.

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #6 on: June 5, 2003, 12:35 PM »
There's also a new Yoda coming out in the same wave as the Ewoks, Luke and Scout Trooper. Those too are the last ones I've heard about so far.

Yeah, I forgot to add the Yoda to my post.  My bad.   8)
dustrho

Offline TheR3AP3R

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 9, 2004, 02:44 PM »
I am not too pleased with the yoda at all. The Biker Scout rocks though.

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2004, 08:19 PM »
Well, now that I have had time to review the 12" Luke and Stormtrooper from Toy Fair I can say I am in total let-down mode.  Come on Hasbro....

First off, where is my Max Rebo band!?  Come on, I've seen the proto-type, George is releasing the OT on DVD this year....what better time to release these babies???  

So, on to point two:  Why give me a re-hash of ANOTHER FRICKIN' LUKE when you could have done so much better with a Bespin Leia, Hammerhead and/or any of the other patrons in Wuher's cantina??  I mean it's the year of the OT, go for new figures in vintage packaging.!!  Be creative!!  I know why Luke has that stupid grin on his face, the old one did, but I thought you learned your lesson with stupid grinning Leia on a speeder bike, I guess not.  I like the packaging, that's what is cool about 2004 and that's about it.   Now the Stormtrooper at least looks like a vintage one with updates in the armor.  It's an OK figure but nothing thrilling and since I have yet to see a shot of Boba Fett (what gives with that anyways, it's Toy Fair and you DON'T bring Fett???WTF??) so I can't comment on him.

Point Three:  Now I read that the new price for these figures will be $30.00??  I assume since the other ones are going to have a $10.00 price point, these OT packaged ones need to see an increase also?

Point Four:  That's it??? Three figures and only two on show???
No answer to the email I sent concerning the Max Rebo band.....no more information available on the line....nothing.

I think the line is slowly seeing the end.  It's too bad.  Hasbro has the new bodies to use, the ability to do top notch sculpting (some of the figures these last two years are awesome) but seem unable to grasp how to pump life in to a line that does have a lot to offer.  
Beth

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2004, 08:56 PM »
How do you really feel Beth...?   :P

Yeah, aside from those three vintage nods, very little news on this line it seems, even with Toy Fair.  Not a good sign for 12" collectors...  If there's nothing further announced in the next couple of months, I'd dare fashion a guess that Hasbro's dropping the line altogether - or at least 'til Episode 3 hits.

On a related note, the "new" 12-inch Jawas, Garindan and Obi-Wan have been hitting a couple of my local TRUs.  Anyone still need any of those?  I might be able to give you a hand if you do, so LMK!
« Last Edit: February 21, 2004, 02:16 AM by JediMAC »

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2004, 01:15 AM »
Well, I on the other hand am happy.  Being nowhere near a completeist with 12", fewer is ok.  I understand Beth's frustration though, 3 figures, all rehashes and another Luke? ::)

For me though it is spectacular news.  Two of the figures I want are in this line and still command a premium.  I haven't been able to find a cheap stormtrooper or Boba Fett, so being able to get them at retail is great.  But..... $30 each?  I'm 95% sure I can get the old versions at that price and since I open them, the packaging, while nice, is secondary in concern.  Now what to do?  I guess keep watching ebay for cheaper versions of the stormie and Boba, grab them if I can and forget the new lines.  Though I think the new stormtrooper looks a little nicer.  If I can score an Electronic Fett for around $30 though, I'll opt in for sure.  (good luck, I know)
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2004, 02:39 PM »
Well, I on the other hand am happy.  Being nowhere near a completeist with 12", fewer is ok.

How did I know that you would manage to get a grip around a 12 inch topic, Morgbug?

Im quite pumped for the new Stromie.

Some one buy me one. :-*
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2004, 12:45 AM »
*sigh*  Kids. :-*

I seem to have opted out of the new stormtrooper.  To my dismay, I bought an oldie on ebay tonight.  Loose stormie and sandie for $25.  Given that the new ones are going to be in at $30, I felt it reasonable.  

Now as for Boba...
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2004, 07:52 PM »
I'm not a 12" completist, but I'm also not too thrilled with the figures Hasbro is planning on making for the OTC.  Why in the world do we need another Luke Skywalker?  Hasbro's reasoning is because he's one of the main characters.  I'm not too excited about that new Stormtrooper... the helmet doesn't look right at all.  These are three figures that I will most definitely be passing on.

I agree with Beth though on the fact that I don't understand why a Hasbro wouldn't pump out some new 12" figures... figures that haven't been done before.  How about trying another shot at getting Chewbacca done right?  Or what about Wedge Antilles, Death Squad Commander, or a Death Star Gunner?  There are so many other options to choose from instead of doing ANOTHER Luke Skywalker.

>:(
dustrho

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2004, 08:23 AM »
I pre-ordered these from EE and according to their description, I get six figures for under $120.00.  Either the original information on the price was wrong (and I doubt it) or EE was given the wrong information and there will NOT be six dolls per case or they will have to change the price.  It will be interesting to see if I get 2 of each for the price I ordered at.  

Beth