Author Topic: Early Bird and Series 1  (Read 137332 times)

Offline Crackbrick

• Jedi Padawan
  • Crackbrickhead
    • View Profile
Re: Early Bird and Series 1
« Reply #90 on: July 21, 2007, 07:26 PM »
Thank you for the reply Crackbrick.

More question. When I was searching the list, I encounter an info which says that The Boba Fett was only released 250 of them and you have to be invited to visit their booth. I was wondering if that's the Carded, or the box?????

thanks

The Carded Bape Fett was the giveaway that year for what my guess is the Medicom Party that they held.
I hear there were only 150 of them.

CB
I Dream of Yumbos...

Offline Crackbrick

• Jedi Padawan
  • Crackbrickhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 21, 2007, 09:21 PM »
Actually the Parco Sandtrooper is 150 the Parco Fett I'm not to sure on as far as how many were made.

CB
I Dream of Yumbos...

Offline icruise

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Mighty Jabba's Collection
What's a good price for the early bird set these days?
« Reply #92 on: April 19, 2008, 08:32 PM »
I'm still trying to catch up with all the Kubrick releases that I have missed and one that seems the most crucial is the early bird set. Can someone give me a general idea of what I might be considered a good deal for this (either sealed or open/loose)? Does anyone know if I might have a better chance of getting a good deal in Japan? I'll be going in a couple of days and speak/read Japanese, so I may be able to use Yahoo auctions there if I can get through their approval process.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 20, 2008, 02:04 PM »
I know I got a pretty good deal and only paid around $100 for mine, but that's a couple of years back and got it through a friend of a friend sort of thing, so cheaper than it should have been.

Right now they seem to be running around $150+ or so so if you can go under that, it's going to be a good deal.  $130 would be reasonable. 

I'd think Japan would be a better source for sure than just relying on ebay, especially if you're going to be there anyway. 

And welcome to the loony bin.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
Re: ebay
« Reply #94 on: May 3, 2008, 10:02 PM »
Didn't know where best to post this, so Series 1 seemed the most reasonable:

Instant Chase Figure Collection

$484.50 (~$121 each) doesn't seem that bad to pay for 4 1:96 figures considering what the Series 8 rare chase figures and some of the other rare chases have been selling for recently.
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline icruise

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 5, 2008, 05:07 AM »
Since I used them last (several years ago) Yahoo Auctions in Japan has instituted a thing where you have to join their "premium" service in order to bid on things that are higher than 5,000 yen ($50). That's OK, but they won't take my credit card as a form of payment and while I do have a Japanese bank account from back when I was living in Japan, I forgot to bring my bankbook or personal seal with me, so I can't use it.

To make a long story short, I am unable to bid on anything over 5,000 yen, so I ended up using m-world service to bid on an early bird set for me. I won it for around 9800 yen (around $95). With the commission, shipping, and whatnot, I imagine it'll cost me around $125, which is still cheaper than ebay.
« Last Edit: May 5, 2008, 05:08 AM by icruise »

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 5, 2008, 10:13 AM »
Damn, you are doing really well over there.  That's an awesome price on that set.  Add in your other stuff and you're rocking through the whole line. 

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 5, 2008, 08:01 PM »
$125. is cheap for the EB set, cheapest I have seen in a long time. Nice grab.

Offline karamazov80

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 6, 2008, 04:49 PM »
Hi guys, forgive me for asking a newbie question, but was the Kubrick Chewbacca only available from this set, and thus incredibly tough to come by/expensive?  I really want that guy, but for 80+ bucks (the only one listed on eBay at the moment), I might have to get used to the idea of living without him. . .

(also, DSJ, your avatar is putting me into a kind of trance. . .those ginormous mammaries are frightening, but incredibly comforting to look at at the same time.)
« Last Edit: June 6, 2008, 04:52 PM by karamazov80 »
Back off man, I'm a scientist.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #99 on: June 6, 2008, 05:03 PM »
Yes, so far the only way to get Chewbacca (and ANH Leia and R2-D2) is in the Early Bird Set.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: June 6, 2008, 05:14 PM »
Buy the EB as a set, keep Chewie, sell off the rest (bet you can't do it).

Offline Symposium

• Jedi Initiate
  • I have Kubrickulosis™
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 7, 2008, 01:24 AM »
Buy the EB as a set, keep Chewie, sell off the rest (bet you can't do it).

You could shift R2D2.
"Pixelated beings are we, not this crude matter!"

Offline karamazov80

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 7, 2008, 12:02 PM »
Well, I guess we'll find out soon enough.  I saw this this morning and jumped on it:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=150256401491&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=005

After reading the posts here yesterday, I figured this was a pretty dang good deal.  Still, 100 bucks ain't chump change.  I probably could have saved some money getting into heroine over these.  :'(

Don't think I could get rid of old R2, though. . .he is a pretty essential part of the crew (does "shift" mean something else?).
« Last Edit: June 7, 2008, 12:02 PM by karamazov80 »
Back off man, I'm a scientist.

Offline skyward72

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 7, 2008, 12:52 PM »
Not a bad price at all.  Congrats

Offline icruise

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 7, 2008, 02:33 PM »
Yeah, that's a good deal. You don't get the "early bird certificate" but I could certainly live without it. I haven't even opened mine. Is there anything good in there? I'm considering selling that and keeping the figures.