Author Topic: Customs Chop Shop Wrap-Up  (Read 35264 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Customs Chop Shop Wrap-Up
« on: December 4, 2006, 04:16 AM »
As per the front page guys, we've got a new feature we're hoping to have run semi-routinely here at JediDefender.com...  It's our new Custom Chop Shop Wrap-Up (say that 5 times fast, yikes!)

Clicky to Check It Out!

The thanks for the button there go to one of our two graphics gurus here at JD, Rob (Brad being the other).

Our feature is just going to be a wrap-up and highlight of the hobby...  Sometimes we may look at something fromt he past, sometimes something recent or very current...  it all just depends, but it's a great way to look at the news around customizing. 

While I kicked it off tonight, our staffer Ryan will be handling the feature at least some of the time if not most of the time, so it'll be nice to set more eyes on the fine work around the forums here, and kudos to all the customizers featured this week and in the future articles!
« Last Edit: December 4, 2006, 04:17 AM by Jesse James »
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
Re: Customs Chop Shop Wrap-Up
« Reply #1 on: December 4, 2006, 09:53 AM »
I'm really honored you guys put my DS gun dio in there!  Thanks so much!  I'm excited to see what customs will be in there in the future ;D
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #2 on: December 5, 2006, 02:24 AM »
Thanks DB,

Yeah, we've been working at doing something routinely for the customizers here but it's tough with everyone having their own responsibilities on staff and things...  Ryan, with me to a lesser extent, will be handling the Chop Shop Wrap-Up....  We're just wanting to make sure the customizers are getting the press they deserve around here, but also it's a good way to get the broader world of customizing out to people who otherwise maybe wouldn't have noticed or checked out this item or that figure... 

Your gun was a front runner from the get-go.  ;)  Something that film-accurate just needed to be put into there.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2006, 11:30 PM »
The newest installment of our Custom Chop Shop Wrap-Up is up on the front page. Click on through to check it out. Let us know what you think and if there is anything you'd like to see added (or removed) in the future.

"This is the way."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2007, 03:59 AM »
Another dandy installment of the Custom Chop Shop Wrap-Up is posted here at JediDefender.com!

Clicky the button to check it out!

We take a look at the "What if?" of Star Wars' relatively unexplored gap between E3 and E4 in a great figure from Outrider.  We pay homage to Fritzkrieg's unique use of fodder that isn't even in scale with the Star Wars figures...  Funny how you can MAKE it in scale, huh?  And we take a look at how the Ultimate Group Project is shaping up for Celebration IV...

Click the button above to read up, and keep your eyes peeled for more Custom Chop Shop Wrap-Up features here at JD, as we spotlight the customs on our site as well as the customs news going on around the community at large!

Offline findswoman

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • The Findswoman Collection
« Reply #5 on: June 5, 2007, 10:53 AM »
This is a really neat feature, JJ -- can't believe I hadn't really noticed it before!  Will continue to check back.  How often do you plan to update these, kjust out of curiosity?

... the Findswoman

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #6 on: June 6, 2007, 01:40 AM »
Whenever get to them. :P Ideally I'd like to be doing them every other week or so but sometimes I either forget or get really busy when I would normally post it. There will be a new one this week now that CIV is over. :)
"This is the way."

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2007, 08:17 PM »
No, I didn't completely forget about you guys. After quite the delay I've finally gotten back on track and the latest installment of the Custom Chop Shop Wrap-Up is posted here at JediDefender.com!

Clicky the button to check it out!

This week we are taking a peek at Greg's (Daigo-Bah's) latest diorama. I can't resist showing them off. He really does amazing work. Jabba's Trophy is certainly no exception. The work he has done with the paint on the diorama is breathtaking. We also are taking a peek at the work of Lestat and Happy Noodle Boy.

Click the button above to read up, and keep your eyes peeled for more Custom Chop Shop Wrap-Up features here at JD, as we spotlight the customs on our site as well as the customs news going on around the community at large!
"This is the way."

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2007, 09:57 AM »
Ryan, thanks so much for the nice comments!  I'm honored you guys included it!
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2007, 02:57 PM »
Any updates on the horizon?  It's a very nice feature, would love to see something new soon.   :)

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2009, 08:42 PM »
Excuse me whilst I dust off this thread... And we're back. :)

As part of our site revamp we have decided to bring back some of our old features, including the Chop Shop. We've got a Millennium Falcon themed update this week as we spotlight the work of hangarbay94 and rogue1. And for a change of pace we've also included I Am Sith's custom Kubricks. Enjoy the udpdate and stay tuned for more updates from the Custom Chop-Shop Wrap Up!
"This is the way."

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2009, 11:11 PM »
Nice update. Looking forward to the next installment.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2009, 03:05 AM »
Indeed, Ryan, a good update...  I'm glad the Chop Shop is coming back around...  :)

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #13 on: June 8, 2009, 09:28 AM »
Thanks fellas glad you enjoyed it. The latest edition of the Chop Shop is up and posted on the front page.

I decided to do a little something different tis week and do a 'throwback edition' which is something I'd like to do from time to time. We'll take a look back at some of the best customs and dioramas of years past. This time we have a diorama heavy update. I had to highlight my favorite Dagobah diorama that I've ever seen, a fantastic modular Death Star playset/diorama, and a Darth Revan that more than holds its own against the Hasbro version.

Remember, we also have a new Customizing Challenge that will be starting up in the next week or so, with th chance to win some really cool prizes! Tell all your customizing friends about this, the more people that get involved the more fun it will be.  :)
« Last Edit: June 8, 2009, 09:29 AM by Ryan »
"This is the way."

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2009, 02:56 AM »
Another day, another Chop-Shop! The latest edition of the Chop Shop is up and posted on the front page.

I hope you enjoy it. :)
« Last Edit: August 31, 2009, 02:56 AM by Ryan »
"This is the way."