Author Topic: 30AC #34 Darth Revan  (Read 13599 times)

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
30AC #34 Darth Revan
« on: December 4, 2006, 07:36 PM »
So, on that otheR Site they've got pics of the Revan sculpt from a recent Toyfare. If you dont remember, this is the KOTOR Sith Lord that won the Fan's Choice. It looks like a decent sculpt to me. Detailed, arm articulation in the pic is all I can see and it looks good. Your thoughts?
« Last Edit: July 25, 2007, 09:05 PM by Jeff »
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
Re: Darth Revan
« Reply #1 on: December 5, 2006, 10:50 AM »
I love it! I'm actually playing the game again for the third time, and so far this figure looks excellent!
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #2 on: December 5, 2006, 12:08 PM »

Meh.  I'm still disappointed that he was picked as the winner...  :(
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 5, 2006, 12:19 PM »
The figure itself doesn't look too bad, but I guess I'm just not overly excited for it personally since I'm not familiar with the character (or game).  Great for those who voted for this figure though.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #4 on: December 5, 2006, 12:35 PM »
The figure itself doesn't look too bad, but I guess I'm just not overly excited for it personally since I'm not familiar with the character (or game).  Great for those who voted for this figure though.

Exactly my position as well.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 5, 2006, 01:27 PM »
I am all over this figure!  Sorry to those of you that aren't interested in it/don't like it.  To me, the more bad guys the better, EU or not!  But here's to hoping that Hasbro goes the extra mile on this and does the coloring appropriately as well.  I'd hate to see them put out a great sculpt only to have them miss the mark once it's painted.

I'm really just glad that we are finally getting a 'Darth' that isn't the 4th or 5th re-release of the same figure...

'cough' 500th Vader 'cough'

The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 5, 2006, 01:36 PM »
He's a cool character don't get me wrong, but I'm just not familiar with his backstory.  I agree though, I'd rather have this guy than another TSC Vader...

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 5, 2006, 01:51 PM »
As a 30 year old fan who hates the vast majority of EU and is only a casual gamer, I can tell you that this character has a very interesting back story. Any of you who has an Xbox or PC should play this game...its more like Star Wars that the PT at times.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #8 on: December 5, 2006, 04:58 PM »
I agree with Lando that, unless you really just don't care for EU in general, the game really does play out fantastic and you'll probably like the story...  I think it's worth playing through and getting to know the character(s) in it but that's me.

The figure looks fantastic I think...  hasbro has a real quality looking sculpt there.  When I do my reviews the sculpt is generally the first aspect of any action figure I start picking apart.  Not often does Hasbro drop the ball, but it does happen on occassion.  But this figure looks really to be above par in terms of little details...  Kudos to them for a fine job on that.

Articulation looks as good as can be too...  For the character, that's appropriate (and short of softgoods, which would need to be overly elaborate, this is as good as it could get I think) and I'm pleased...

I didn't want him to win either, and having ONE KOTOR figure bugs the **** out of me...  even just two would bug me.  You need more  to make it really count IMO, but at least what they are offering is looking like a good toy anyway.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 5, 2006, 05:32 PM »
I didn't want him to win either, and having ONE KOTOR figure bugs the **** out of me...  even just two would bug me.  You need more  to make it really count IMO, but at least what they are offering is looking like a good toy anyway.

Suspended animation will solve all your continuity problems, my friend! ;)

He'll look great on my Sith Lords shelf.

I think the KOTOR lineup would have been a much better choice that the Marvel repaint catastrophe that we're getting.
« Last Edit: December 5, 2006, 05:33 PM by LandotheScoundrel »

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 5, 2006, 06:01 PM »
I've sadly never played any KOTOR but the characters look intresting (especally Hk-47 who seems funny & like Bender) I'll be picking this guy up.
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline Roton7

• Jedi Padawan
  • Roton, King of the Ozone
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 5, 2006, 07:11 PM »
I haven't gotten to play the game, but Revan looks sweet! Definitely buying him! :)
Yo is what yo is.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 5, 2006, 07:28 PM »
Looks pretty good, but it'll be interesting to see how articulated he is from the waist down. I'm guessing there will be little to no articulation, but whatever.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 5, 2006, 07:42 PM »
articulation looks maximum on upper body. i too am a little concerned about lower body.
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 5, 2006, 08:07 PM »

Exactly my position as well.

I would have to agree with you guys. I'm not an EU hater... I just don't go too far outside of the movies. I'll be passing on him, but it means an extra one sitting on the pegs for you guys.