Author Topic: Heroes on NBC  (Read 39446 times)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Re: Heroes on NBC
« Reply #180 on: November 3, 2007, 12:14 AM »
interesting take on that-I'll provide the opposite viewpoint.

I didn't necessarily see her try to copy his ability and fail at it either.
Have they shown her doing her eye thing at every single thing going on? no.

With that in mind it's hard for me to believe she can't do those supernatural things yet until she has actually tried and failed at them.

So, I still wonder if it's possible with her.

DS

I'd be willing to put money on her not being able to mimic actual powers.  The only thing that makes me think your theory might be right is something I read way back in EW from the creators that said there would be a finite number of powers among the Heroes, but that those powers might initially manifest themselves in different ways.  If that is true, then she, Peter, and Sylar may all have the same power.  Likewise, Parkman, the illusionist chick, and Parkman's dad all may have the same power of reading/messing with people's minds.  For now, I'm sticking with the guess that she's just able to copy non-powered skills.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: November 6, 2007, 01:08 AM »
Pretty good episode tonight. 

The question I have is, did Hiro mess up the past and that's why things are playing out like this?  Or are the stories he heard as a kid really from the princess and didn't happen?  I'm so confused.   ???

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: November 6, 2007, 10:51 AM »
I think the princess is gonna know to be careful when telling the stories so that she doesn't mess up history (at least not too much).

**SPOILERS**

I knew it! I knew Kensei would end up being Adam! It's probably the English name he was telling Hiro about earlier. I think Adam killed Sulu (because he didn't have a scratch on him after falling from the roof), then he attacked Angela, and then something happened when he went to kill Matt's dad, and Matt's dad began working for him. Matt's dad went to kill Bob, then was defeated (or at least it looks like it). So now out of the orignial twelve, Charles, Sulu, Linderman, and Angela's husband ae dead, and Bob, Angela, Matt's dad, and five mystery others from the picture remain. I wonder if Adam/Kensei is the one who took the picture and is one of the twelve?

Next week is the 'Four Months Ago' episode!

the show seems to be casting out characters....

I couldn't resist...

Make new heroes,
and kill the old.
One time travels,
and another makes gold!
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: November 9, 2007, 09:22 AM »
Apparently the people behind Heroes recognized the issues we all had with the early episodes of the show.

Interview with Tim Kring

Unfortunately, with the writers strike on, we might only get this 5 episode arc that takes us to December and then our season might be over.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline John C

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: November 9, 2007, 09:53 AM »
I really didn't have too many issues with this season.  I agree that the Hiro story went on too long and there could have been less Claire/West, but other than that, the pacing is about the same as last season.  There is far too much hate towards the show IMO.  It is good that Kring says he made some mistakes and corrects them from here on out.  Hopefully the writer's strike gets wrapped up in time to save the season.  If not, maybe they will be able to do the Origins miniseries eventually. 

Offline EdSolo

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: November 12, 2007, 08:35 AM »
I think the princess is gonna know to be careful when telling the stories so that she doesn't mess up history (at least not too much).

**SPOILERS**

I knew it! I knew Kensei would end up being Adam! It's probably the English name he was telling Hiro about earlier. I think Adam killed Sulu (because he didn't have a scratch on him after falling from the roof), then he attacked Angela, and then something happened when he went to kill Matt's dad, and Matt's dad began working for him. Matt's dad went to kill Bob, then was defeated (or at least it looks like it). So now out of the orignial twelve, Charles, Sulu, Linderman, and Angela's husband ae dead, and Bob, Angela, Matt's dad, and five mystery others from the picture remain. I wonder if Adam/Kensei is the one who took the picture and is one of the twelve?

Next week is the 'Four Months Ago' episode!

the show seems to be casting out characters....

I couldn't resist...

Make new heroes,
and kill the old.
One time travels,
and another makes gold!

I would think it would have been Matt's Dad who tried to kill Angela since she didn't see any attacker and the doctors seemed to think that she attacked herself.  I think Matt's Dad has always been working for Adam, and just had the picture with the symbol to throw Matt of the trail.

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: November 13, 2007, 09:15 AM »
Well at least we now know who Peter got those electrocity powers from.  Looking forward to the flashback first meeting between him and evil Veronica Mars.

Told ya, but then again I thought it was pretty obvious.

Elle's a horny little minx, ain't she?  She was all over Peter's junk.  She certainly looked great in those outfits too.

And I really really hate the Wonder Twins storyline.  When's Sylar going to eat their brains?
Common sense isn't so common

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: November 13, 2007, 09:43 AM »
I can't stand those twins! Terrible storyline, I too am wondering when Sylar eats their brains. Hmm...maybe they'll end up killing Sylar... :o Speaking of Sylar, I thught we'd get an explanation for where he went after the bomb in this episode.

DL's death was a real bummer!  :-\ Did Uhura say she was DL's mother at the funeral, because I thought DL's mother was shown in another episode and it was definitely not Uhura. I also thought it was lame that Midas walked by Monica at the funeral, and three weeks later they didn't recognize eachother.

I can't believe there was no Parkman. I was waiting for them to show him being treated at the Company, but I guess he just got a normal hospital for his five bullet wounds.  :P

A few post-episode questions I still have:
Where did Sylar go!?!
When, why, and how did Angela Petrelli help the Haitian in a 'time of need?'
What is Angela Petrelli's power?
When and why did the Haitian go back to Haiti after erasing Peter's memory?
Is Kandace still alive (could easily have faked it)?
How did Adam get those tickets? Did he kill Sulu?
Hmm...does Uhura have any powers?

David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #188 on: April 10, 2008, 12:59 PM »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: April 10, 2008, 04:21 PM »
It's about time. I've been wondering when that show would be back. My wife and I are in the middle of rewatching Alias and watching Greg Grunberg and David Anders is making wish for new Heros episodes.

It's looks like we are getting new Heros figures too. I've always wanted a Hiro figure to fight my Anakin Skywalker figure.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: September 22, 2008, 10:47 PM »
Okay, the season premiere isn't even quite over yet and I just can't believe what a complete, 2 hour, load of crap this show has been.  Last year season 2 got off to a bad start but this new season is ridiculous.  Really, no time has elapsed between season 2 and 3 yet the motivation and personality of most of the major characters has completely changed.  It's all upside down.  And I don't like it.

I'm gonna give this a week or so to see where they're going but if it's more of this, screw it, I've got other stuff I can watch on Monday night.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #191 on: September 22, 2008, 11:04 PM »
A pretty ho-hum episode. Again, it just didn't have the originality of the first season and now Mohinder is what, 'The Fly' now? Who's gonna blow his head off with a shotgun? Who didn't see that Linderman was a "ghost" and Momma Petrelli as a certain bad guy's mom? A total shark jump move.  ::)
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline name

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I ate your llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: September 23, 2008, 09:10 AM »

I'm gonna give this a week or so to see where they're going but if it's more of this, screw it, I've got other stuff I can watch on Monday night.

E...

agreed....it was losing it's flair already with season 2, but if last night was any indication of what we can expect, I'm done.

This sticker is dangerous and inconvenient, but I do love Fig Newtons.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: September 23, 2008, 03:00 PM »
I have a feeling the show has nuked the fridge.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: September 23, 2008, 03:01 PM »
I caught it last night, and it was ok, but for some reason I just don't find myself getting quite as excited about this show as something like LOST (as far as serialized television goes).  Like others, I still enjoyed the first season the most, but I'll be watching this year to check things out too.