Author Topic: Heroes on NBC  (Read 39451 times)

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
Re: Heroes on NBC
« Reply #75 on: April 24, 2007, 08:41 PM »
Claires grandma sure made it sound like she has a power. Im very interested in how her character develops as the series goes on.

I think Isaac's gone. Especially cuz Linder made it sound like there were other future-painting artists.

One question--Who made out what Sylar painted? It looked like Sylar in the Oval office. Who else knows what Im talking about?

I think this series keeps getting more and more interesting.  8)
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline EdSolo

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 25, 2007, 07:18 AM »
Claires grandma sure made it sound like she has a power. Im very interested in how her character develops as the series goes on.

I think Isaac's gone. Especially cuz Linder made it sound like there were other future-painting artists.

One question--Who made out what Sylar painted? It looked like Sylar in the Oval office. Who else knows what Im talking about?

I think this series keeps getting more and more interesting.  8)

I actually thought it was the same picture Linderman had...only with less artistic ability then Isaac had. 

I am wondering what Isaac meant by he would show the others how to defeat Sylar before Sylar killed him...unless it was in that final comic he sent out.

Also, in the scenes for next week, there was a picture of Sylar on a news cast.  Did it say he was a hero beneath his name?

Offline John C

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 26, 2007, 10:34 AM »
Future Nathan probably becomes a hard man because of the blast and because that's how he needs to be to become President.  The painting was most likely the same one Isaac made, but with less talent.  I have read speculation that Sylar gets ahold of the shapeshifter and takes Nathan's place, but I don't think that happens.  The newscast did not say Sylar was a hero.  It just said America Remembers, kind of like we have seen with that nutjob who shot up Virginia tech.  Usually we see a picture of him when that event is mentioned on the news.  We know Isaac is gone because Hiro went to the future and found him dead in one of the first episodes and because he painted his own death.  No question he is gone.  His clues to kill Sylar were either in the last issue of 9th Wonders or in that sketchbook he gave the courier.  I don't think Hiro will fight himself.  Future Hiro wants to stop the blast, so he will help Current Hiro learn all he can about it so he can shut it down.  He knows something is wrong because Claire was saved, yet the blast still happened.  From the previews for next week, Future Peter sounded like he said he was the bomb.  In the online comic for this week, Future Hiro thought about how he tried to stop Sylar from blowing up the city and he almost did by cutting him up with the sword, but because Sylar had taken Claire's power, he regenerated and still blew up.  Every time I think I have something figured out with this series, more questions come up.  The writers do a great job. 

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 26, 2007, 07:34 PM »
I think Sylar will definitely get a hold of the shapeshifter, and hen he does, awful things will happen. Awful things.

Either that, or Jessica will kill her in a couple episodes for what she did to Micah in the last one.

I hate the shapeshifter, shes an annoying bitch. Cant wait to see Sylar get her. Or Jessica.

John your theory about Sylar taking Nathans place might be good, maybe hes starts heroes for their powers with his presidential authority. Could be why Mo was saying, 'This is genocide' to Nathan on the previews.

This show really generates questions, it bugs me! In a good way.
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com

Offline John C

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 27, 2007, 09:19 AM »
I know I won't be sad if she goes.  Part of the fun of this show is speculating about what will happen.  I think that if something does happen to Micah, either that will make Nikki totally lose control and Jessica will go nuts and kill a lot of people or Nikki will reign in Jessica and never let her have control again, but she will have access to her strength.  It might explain why Peter and Nikki/Jessica were together in the previews for next week's epsiode.  There also seemed to be a shot of Peter walking through a wall like DL.  I wonder if DL will also die?  I hope not.  I like the character.

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 27, 2007, 12:47 PM »
Shapeshifter is next to die--since she's a new character like the suggestive voice chic and computer memory chic....they don't stay on long and then are killed-since they are not long-term story characters.

I wonder about the invisible man though, I thought he would be a short term character but he has seemed to stay on longer than most...I wonder if HRG will find a way to track him down and form an alliance of the 4 to go against linderman's team(they did say they were headed to NY-and invisible guy is there and already found a way to remove his tracker).

Linderman feels it's acceptable for millions of NY folks to die..and he seems to have got Nathan to buy-in(to me it seems these are our villian team formed). Seems like you have 2 seperate villians (Sylar and linderman's team) and several on-their-own heros ..with some team-forming (rad man,HRG,mind-reader).

I really like rad-mans' character development...the Electro-magnetic pulse(EMP)...awesome scene!

DS 

Offline name

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I ate your llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 27, 2007, 03:40 PM »
did they kill off email girl?  I didn't remember that...
This sticker is dangerous and inconvenient, but I do love Fig Newtons.

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 28, 2007, 11:24 AM »
No.  ???
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 28, 2007, 09:28 PM »
hA ha haAAAA!  ;D

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 28, 2007, 11:01 PM »
No love for the shape-shifter?  Come on!  I think she's a great character and hope she stays around.  You never know who is really who with her in play - definitely makes the show more unpredictable.  She's also smokin' hot!  :o
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline John C

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 1, 2007, 09:05 AM »
Apparently Future Hiro is not in the same timeline as Present Hiro.  He would have remembered meeting himself, being captured and rescued and seeing himself getting shot and probably killed.  He also would have known that he hadn't killed or even met Sylar at that point.  Do we know how localized his time stopping ability is?  And why didn't he just stop time and rescue Present Hiro when he was captured?
So Nikki does get rid of Jessica and learns how to use her strength.  Good for her. 
Peter should have stopped time and killed Sylar when he saw him.  I guess he really wanted to fight somebody.  He could always stop time if he needed to. 
I was wrong about Nathan.  That theory I read was spot on.
Isaac's paintings/comics seem to contradict.  He painted the destruction of the city, yet in his comic, Sylar is the bomb and Hiro kills him.  We have not seen any mention of Peter being the bomb in his art that I know of.  Someone correct me if I am wrong.  We just have Peter's dream, and in that dream, Isaac and Simone are there when he explodes. 

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 1, 2007, 12:09 PM »
I really liked the future episode.  I figured Claire wouldn't make it out alive and wonder if Hiro will remember himself getting shot ( I assume so) - so is there 3 episodes left or was that #3??
Beth

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 1, 2007, 04:13 PM »
There are 3 episodes left.  It's actually a 23 episode season and last night was chapter 20.

I loved the show, but I'm getting to hate time travel movies in my old age.  Too many bad Star Trek Temporal Mechanics episodes I guess.

I found it to be really interesting that in that timeline Mohinder, Parkman and the Haitian were all working for "Nathan" against the other heroes (can we just call them mutants yet?  ;D ).  I could see Parkman becoming jaded but it seemed like a lot of things were going against what Mohinder believed in.

Anyway, Time Warner cable was having some issues last night and I missed a minute or so of Hiro talking to himself at Isaac's apartment so I might have missed this.  But I thought that the future Hiro believed he had killed Sylar but didn't stop the bomb.  So, in his timeline did he kill Nathan, thinking it was Sylar, and that allowed Sylar to use Candice's power to imitate Nathan?

Not knowing exactly what all powers Sylar has accumulated, my thought on killing him would be to get Peter to sneak up on him, freeze time and incinerate him with Ted's powers.  Having Hiro decapitate him would also rate high on the list...followed by the incineration cause he needs to burn.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 1, 2007, 06:51 PM »
I think Sylar will definitely get a hold of the shapeshifter, and hen he does, awful things will happen. Awful things.

John your theory about Sylar taking Nathans place might be good, maybe hes starts heroes for their powers with his presidential authority. Could be why Mo was saying, 'This is genocide' to Nathan on the previews.

This show really generates questions, it bugs me! In a good way.

Wow...I almost feel like I sort of foresaw that.

I thought that was a very cool episode. Matt is so evil in the future, it was like one of them ST 'mirror universe' episodes. His wife and kid must have powers. Interesting.

Was that email girl that was helping Bennett and got shot in the head? I think it was.
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 2, 2007, 01:53 AM »
I thought that was a very cool episode. Matt is so evil in the future, it was like one of them ST 'mirror universe' episodes. His wife and kid must have powers. Interesting.

Really? I didn't see how he(Matt) was evil at all, just somebody motivated by the care of their family..you see his humanity in his scene with HRG about his family. I didn't feel Mohinder had gone bad at all either...he felt he was helping the heroes' situations by researching how to 'help' cure them..he did the right thing in the end, anyway. I felt those '3' were just duped by Sylar and they thought they were doing something good- the reports of 'mutants' killing whole schools and going out of control...I think the right thing to do would be to eliminate them(mutants) since public in that timeline reality were so affected in opinion by the 'bomb'.

Was that email girl that was helping Bennett and got shot in the head? I think it was.

Give it a rest, it's a stupid 'joke' that a fool posted in here ::)