Author Topic: Heroes on NBC  (Read 39645 times)

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
Re: Heroes on NBC
« Reply #195 on: September 23, 2008, 03:11 PM »
I didn't think it was great, but I didn't think it was as bad as a lot of people here seem to think.  I was surprised that future Peter was the shooter.  I was surprised to see Linderman show up, though not that he was a ghost.  Sylar's mom was kind of out of the blue, but she could be lying.  Seems like she intends to use him.  Don't know what's up with Nikki.  I did like Mohinder's story, but the whole Fly thing is kind of obvious.  But it could easily turn out to be interesting.

I still enjoyed it quite a bit, though.
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: September 23, 2008, 04:17 PM »
Ratings weren't too great
the way it sounds.  If that doesn't improve, I don't know how long this show will stay around.  Granted, its just the first episode, but its amazing how much the buzz has changed for this show since it first premiered.  It was all anyone could talk about then, and now its getting beat out by Dancing with the Stars and Two and a Half Men.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: September 23, 2008, 04:24 PM »
I watched season 2 over the weekend to get ready for the new season.  I had complaints last year about how it started off but it turned itself around and I liked the way it finished.  However, if you watch the alternate ending, the ending I'm sure we would have gotten had it not been for the impending writer strike, the season was headed in an entirely different direction than what we got.

Neither ending, though, pointed to what we got last night.  I wasn't shocked that Peter was the shooter, it was, in fact, one of the few things I liked about the episode.  I didn't like pretty much everything else.

I disagree with you, Bill, I think Mohinder's plot is terrible and possibly one of the two worst things about last night's episode.  The second was Sylar's attack on Claire which completely didn't fit within the flow of time in the Heroes universe and wasn't explained in any way...it just was.  And now we either have to just own it or we have to wait for some flashback episode that decides to fill in the missing 10 minutes between season 2 and 3.  Terrible.

The plot with Niki was a runner up for worst.  This is one of the issues from last year where they introduced new heroes without tying them into any other plot, basically, it's one of the things Kring owned up to in the article linked earlier in this thread.  Last night they did it with this new character yet they haven't resolved the whole Niki/Monica/Micah plot.  Does Niki suddenly have a twin?  Is she a clone?  Do I care?  Weren't Niki and Jessica enough, they couldn't resolve Niki's plot so they needed to invent a character just to keep Ali Larter on the payroll?  Are they going to abandon season 2, like it never happened?  Bah.

Oh, one more high point, for me at least; Francis Capra was on the show last night.  I'm hoping he's back for a few episodes and I hope they put him in some scenes with Elle.  Loved his character on "Veronica Mars" and Capra's character was at his best when he was on screen with Kristen Bell's Veronica.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: September 23, 2008, 04:28 PM »
I probably would have liked it better if I didn't already know Future Peter was the shooter and it's Tracy not Nikki.  Oh well, I'll probably keep watching, it's good for mindless entertainment (and maybe it'll get better, we all saw how that happened with Lost).

Although Maya is quite the hottie.  I can see how Mohinder (who went from super nerd to super stud fairly quickly) would tap that.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: September 23, 2008, 07:14 PM »
I thought it premiered tomorrow night? I'm so confused! I just opened this thread to find a bunch of spoilers sitting around. WTF? ???
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #200 on: September 23, 2008, 07:38 PM »
Monday nights, same as last year.

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: September 23, 2008, 10:27 PM »
Whoops, you're right. :-[

Thank the Maker for Tivo! ;D
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com

Offline EdSolo

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: September 24, 2008, 07:50 AM »
The thing with Season 2 is that they didn't really plan for the strike.  It was meant to be a slow burn type thing, but then the halfway point in the season became the end of the season during the strike.  If you have the season 2 dvd set, you will see that the original plan was to have the virus released and go from there.

The scene when Mrs. Patrelli has the dream of the villians being released and all the Heroes dead was shot last year and was supposed to be part of that season.

Overall, I enjoyed the episode.  I have a feeling that future Peter may have done some jumping around in time.  I would think he may have went back in time to absorb Linderman's power...how else did his brother come back to life?  With the new "Nikki" it does not seem to be Nikki Sanders since she has a different power...it would be a little hard to explain that.  As for Micah, I think that will be shown in a later episode.

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #203 on: September 24, 2008, 08:19 AM »
I have a feeling that future Peter may have done some jumping around in time.  I would think he may have went back in time to absorb Linderman's power...how else did his brother come back to life?

I'm guessing Adam's blood continues to heal Nathan.

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: September 24, 2008, 10:28 PM »
I watched it last night. There were parts I liked (Sylar's attack on the Company) and other parts I just couldn't stand (pretty much all of Mohinder's scenes, Hiro and the formula, Future Peter). And I think Nikki/Jessica still alive with a different name/life is as weird as it gets, and kinda leaves the Micah/Monica stuff unresolved. I mean, there were only like ten minutes between that episode and this one. Where's the continuity?

I still love the show so I'll continue watching until the end, but that season premiere was a bit of a letdown. It made me miss everything that made Season 1 so enjoyable. :-\
« Last Edit: September 24, 2008, 10:29 PM by David »
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: September 26, 2008, 09:48 AM »
I have a feeling that future Peter may have done some jumping around in time.  I would think he may have went back in time to absorb Linderman's power...how else did his brother come back to life?

Have you noticed that Nathan gets "killed" in every season. He seems to get killed as much as Kenny does. Pretty soon I can see Peter saying, "Those bastards killed Nathan!".
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline EdSolo

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: September 29, 2008, 07:32 AM »

I guess we would have to see if HRG gets hurt and if he heals again...also, it seemed to take a while to kick in.

To David -  I am wondering if it really is Nikki...she didn't seem to have a different power, which would need some sort of explanation.

Offline Darth_Ice

• Banned
  • Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: October 21, 2008, 08:05 PM »
Ok this show is back AT LAST! Mr.P is a real creep! Can't for him to get some WHOOP ASS! I wounder Mrs.P power is? 

Offline EdSolo

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: October 22, 2008, 07:25 AM »
Ok this show is back AT LAST! Mr.P is a real creep! Can't for him to get some WHOOP ASS! I wounder Mrs.P power is? 

Mrs. Petrelli has the power to see the future through dreams...pretty similar to Issac's power.  I wonder if Mr. Patrelli was born with his power or if he was engineered like Nathan.  His power seems to have a kinship with both Peter and Sylar's powers.

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: October 22, 2008, 09:46 AM »
Adam Monroe's death scene reminded me of Walter Donovan's. "He chose....poorly."
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com