Author Topic: TOY FAIR 2007  (Read 13493 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: TOY FAIR 2007
« Reply #60 on: February 11, 2007, 12:24 PM »
I think that was 1978 but I could be wrong Matt.  I'm thinking 78 though.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #61 on: February 11, 2007, 12:43 PM »
I think everything looks great except for the artwork figures. I disliked them in the past and still dislike them now. I will buy them though, i love the coins.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #62 on: February 11, 2007, 12:50 PM »
I think that was 1978 but I could be wrong Matt.  I'm thinking 78 though.

November 17, 1978

Three days after my third birthday--and what a wonderful birthday gift it was.

"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #63 on: February 11, 2007, 01:05 PM »
Short of Bea Arthur singing directly to you of course.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline bamaker

• Youngling
  • Hey, look at this...
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 11, 2007, 05:05 PM »
I'm really liking what I'm seeing from the basic 3-3/4" lines and the vehicles (I may actually pick up a vehicle this year, which I haven't done in the past 2-3 years).  The VTAC line looks out-of-this-world, and the Force Unleashed stuff is going to be a great little subset to display.  But, what the heck is this from the SW/Transformers line?  That's supposed to be an AT-AT?  It better not try to hump my leg with that thing!!
« Last Edit: February 11, 2007, 05:09 PM by bamaker »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #65 on: February 11, 2007, 05:10 PM »
I'm calling it a FAT-AT...  Something about it looks chubby.

Offline Rune Haako

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 11, 2007, 05:11 PM »
But, what the heck is this from the SW/Transformers line?  That's supposed to be an AT-AT?  It better not try to hump my leg with that thing!!

It's ribbed for her pleasure.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2007, 05:11 PM by Rune Haako »

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 11, 2007, 08:59 PM »
I just saw pictures of the new carded Jabba's Palace Luke Skywalker figure.  The figure looks like a combination of the 2004 Jabba's Palace Luke Skywalker and the 2006 Endor Luke Skywalker figures.  Also, just like I had hoped, the 2007 Jabba's Palace Luke Skywalker comes with a lightsaber.

Guys I think somebody was asking Depriest about the "Robe" portion of Jedi Luke's outfit.  He said it was not intended to be removable.  I have a shot on my camera of him messing with it, but it is not really clear. 

Definately not a kit bash, it has ball jointed shoulders and elbows, swivel ankles and ball socket head.  I want an extra to make into a decent Endor luke.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #68 on: February 11, 2007, 10:23 PM »
I just saw pictures of the new carded Jabba's Palace Luke Skywalker figure.  The figure looks like a combination of the 2004 Jabba's Palace Luke Skywalker and the 2006 Endor Luke Skywalker figures.  Also, just like I had hoped, the 2007 Jabba's Palace Luke Skywalker comes with a lightsaber.

To me it's better than the 2004 Jabba's Palace Luke Skywalker figure, but not as good as the 1996 Jedi Knight Luke Skywalker.  Of course, both are better than the 2003 Death Star II Luke Skywalker.  What I would really like is if they could somehow take the articulation from the 2007 Jabba's Palace Luke Skywalker, and the accessories from the 2004 Jabba's Palace Luke Skywalker, and sort of make a new 2008 Death Star II Luke Skywalker.  Then you would have the ultimate Luke Skywalker from the film "Return of the Jedi," and that would be better than all previous versions of Luke Skywalker from the "Return of the Jedi" film.  What I'm talking about is the 1996 Jedi Knight Luke Skywalker, the 2003 Death Star II Luke Skywalker, the 2004 Jabba's Palace Luke Skywalker, and the 2007 Jabba's Palace Luke Skywalker.

Luke Skywalker.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 11, 2007, 11:01 PM »
I'm calling it a FAT-AT...  Something about it looks chubby.

Jesse, I just saw that "FAT-AT" pic for the first time... seems like this could be used to make s custom walker... I take it you've seen the ones Fritzkrieg has been working on as of late.

It does look fat.  I think I'll get one and take it apart and see if I can do anything with it.

:P
« Last Edit: February 11, 2007, 11:07 PM by CHEWIE »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #70 on: February 12, 2007, 03:49 AM »
Perhaps...  I'm shocked they're keeping the Transformers going since those seem to sit, by me at least, but they keep on rolling along...  That AT-AT is just hideous though.  The sacrifices made for the function of the toy really killed that toy.

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 12, 2007, 04:11 AM »
I think it's the 'no-neckness' about it(ATAT) that makes it look phat to me.

DS

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 12, 2007, 09:42 AM »
As always, an informative Toy Fair. I think it's weird though that they showed the wave nine figs so far in advance. Makes you wonder how far along waves 5 - 8 are.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 12, 2007, 11:05 AM »
First off, great coverage here at JD.  Thanks for all the hard work guys.  Even though we got some "advance previews" of some of these figures with the leaks over the last couple weeks, it still turned out to be a great Toy Fair.  This looks like it could be one of Hasbro's strongest years yet, with all the great figures in the basic line (with few to no straight repacks so far), the top-notch vintage lineup, and the surprisingly cool "Force Unleashed" figures.  I'm usually far from a completist, but looking at the lineups so far this year, it looks like I'll be buying at least one of everything that's been announced.  Its going to be an expensive year, that's for sure.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 12, 2007, 11:22 AM »

To me it's better than the 2004 Jabba's Palace Luke Skywalker figure, but not as good as the 1996 Jedi Knight Luke Skywalker.  Of course, both are better than the 2003 Death Star II Luke Skywalker.  What I would really like is if they could somehow take the articulation from the 2007 Jabba's Palace Luke Skywalker, and the accessories from the 2004 Jabba's Palace Luke Skywalker, and sort of make a new 2008 Death Star II Luke Skywalker.  Then you would have the ultimate Luke Skywalker from the film "Return of the Jedi," and that would be better than all previous versions of Luke Skywalker from the "Return of the Jedi" film.  What I'm talking about is the 1996 Jedi Knight Luke Skywalker, the 2003 Death Star II Luke Skywalker, the 2004 Jabba's Palace Luke Skywalker, and the 2007 Jabba's Palace Luke Skywalker.

Luke Skywalker.

Your concerns are duly noted.  We at Hasbro strive to ensure our collector base is happy (but not too happy) and while we like your plan, we would like to suggest that achieving what you are after will likely take two, maybe three more iterations before we get it right.  Please expect to see the desired Luke figure in approximately 2012 on our then to be released fuschia and chartreuse Force cardbacks. 
Sincerely,
D. DePriest, Hasbro
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.