Author Topic: Coca Cola Classic - Caffeine Free?  (Read 3693 times)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Coca Cola Classic - Caffeine Free?
« on: June 4, 2003, 08:30 PM »
Just found Coca Cola Classic in a caffeine free form.  First time I've ever seen it.  The taste is different, but hopefully it will grow on me.  I used to drink tons of Coke Classic, but the caffeine tore me apart.  

Anybody else tried this stuff?
« Last Edit: June 4, 2003, 11:44 PM by Morgbug »
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
Re: Coca Cola Classic - Caffeine Free?
« Reply #1 on: June 4, 2003, 08:32 PM »
I haven't seen it, but then again I don't drink regular pop so I wouldn't have been looking for it anyway.  I only drink diet pop.
dustrho

Offline MisterPL

• Jedi Padawan
  • Sarcastic instigator at large.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 4, 2003, 10:41 PM »
I've been drinking caffeine-free Coke™ for years and it does absolutely no psychological damage whatsoever and believe you me I'd know because my therapist would tell me and up my meds so he can get kickbacks from the pharmaceutical companies that are out to control our emotions but I'm freaking on to those guys and I'm pretty sure they know it because the UPS man is different from the usual guy who comes mostly on Tuesdays and Fridays to deliver to the old Avon lady next door who refuses to share her vast stockpile of empty lidded boxes with me even though she knows damned well I'm packing to move and can CLEARLY see the mountain of corrugate she's got in her dining room right from the back door!!!

I have a case chillin' on the back porch right now.  8)
Post sober.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 4, 2003, 11:35 PM »
I might start drinking this stuff.  I had to give up caffeine because I was addicted.  When I quit, I even went through a mild withdrawal.  Thankfully, the headaches I was getting from caffeine dependancy went away.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline JoshEEE

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • My Star Wars collection
« Reply #4 on: June 5, 2003, 12:41 PM »
You know, Diet Soda, or Caffeine free soda....it's just never appealed to me.

I don't drink it that much, but when I do....I drink it because it tastes good, and has that sugar rush. Same thing with coffee.

I don't think I'll be trying the de-crackinated coke anytime soon.
Got Clones?

Offline TopJedi

• Jedi Initiate
  • The Toy Whore!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 5, 2003, 01:04 PM »

I don't think I'll be trying the de-crackinated coke anytime soon.

Same here...you're not alone.
Brian AKA TopJedi
sniperman76@hotmail.com

Always interested in trading for Clone troopers,Battle Droids and other army builders

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 5, 2003, 02:33 PM »
Wait til you get older boys.   ;)  Sometimes it's not so much a matter of choice.  I completely share your opinion about diet sodas, though I confess to drinking them more often than I used to. That aspartame-y taste just doesn't do much for me.

via edit:
Diet flavours I find acceptable:

Diet gingerale - better than regular
diet Iced Tea (sweetened) - works for me
diet 7-up - ok
Diet Dr. Pepper - this stuff absolutely rocks
« Last Edit: June 5, 2003, 02:43 PM by Morgbug »

Offline JoshEEE

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 5, 2003, 03:16 PM »
Wait til you get older boys.    Sometimes it's not so much a matter of choice.

Why, is something going to happen to me where I can't handle sugar and caffeine anymore? What's that mean?

I quit drinking soda and coffee regularly, because it's addicting and causes a beer belly (without the beer) if you drink too much of it while sitting around all day at work.

That being said, when I DO have a cup of coffee or a can of soda, I want to ENJOY it.   :)
Got Clones?

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 5, 2003, 03:43 PM »
I used to enjoy a regular cup of coffee or soda.  Thing is, in my case, if I didn't have that coffee or soda, I got splitting headaches.  This went on for a period of months.  I finally made the connection to caffeine, and quit drinking coffee and soda.  Magically, after a couple of days of withdrawal headaches, they went away!  Caffeine is definitely addictive, and sometimes you need to quit.

Feedback

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 5, 2003, 03:59 PM »
Wait til you get older boys.    Sometimes it's not so much a matter of choice.

Why, is something going to happen to me where I can't handle sugar and caffeine anymore? What's that mean?

I quit drinking soda and coffee regularly, because it's addicting and causes a beer belly (without the beer) if you drink too much of it while sitting around all day at work.

That being said, when I DO have a cup of coffee or a can of soda, I want to ENJOY it.   :)

Yep, weight gain, headaches are the more common problems associated with.  There are other, say intestinal symptoms that often develop and can become quite severe in response to the caffeine.  I've no idea how old you are Josh, so mostly the older part was in jest, though it can be related to consumption which tends to increase with age.  

I drink too much pop, so finding non weight gain inducing soda was something desirable.  Most days I'm happy with water, but others it just won't do.   Habit more than anything else.  After all, I don't want to end up wearing baggy sweaters to Hooters ;)

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 5, 2003, 05:22 PM »
Funny this topic should come up...last Saturday (my birthday) I made the conscious decision to stop drinking soda. Your story especially gave me courage, Nicklab!

My favorite was Mountain Dew--a leader in caffeine content--so you can imagine the headaches I've been fighting through. The way I look at it, I spent my whole life staying off of drugs, nicotine, and alcohol, only to wind up addicted to soda? I prefer to go as addiction-free as possible, thank you (now where're my new Star Wars toys? ahhhhh....)

Offline JoshEEE

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 5, 2003, 07:22 PM »
I've no idea how old you are Josh, so mostly the older part was in jest, though it can be related to consumption which tends to increase with age.

I'm 28, going on 29 this year. (Man, I FEEL old).

Anyway...I stopped drinking Soda about a year and a half ago when I started hitting the gym on a regular basis.  I told my trainer I really didn't want to diet, and he gave me a few things to cut down on. That was the big one.

Now I only have it during "Special" occasions. Same thing with coffee. I have a job where I'm VERY stationary during the day, so I've got to cut down on the cup or can of sugar and caffeine next to me. I just drink water now.  And decrackinated tea.  :)

But when I DO have a soda, or a coffee....I have the full-on, turbo version.

It's the only way to go.
Got Clones?

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 5, 2003, 11:16 PM »
One thing, for me at least, that's been an added bonus of quitting caffeine is this:  when I do indulge in it for the purpose of using caffeine as a stimulant, it actually works now!

Feedback

Offline Hung Solow

• Jedi Initiate
  • Public Enemy #1
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 5, 2003, 11:45 PM »
Ahhh!!!  Getting older.  Has anyone had that over friendly visit from the doctor???  You know the one with the cold hands.  Kinda like a date, but without the drinks and dinner.
Blessed be the Maker and his Water, Blessed be the coming and the going of Him, May His passage cleanse the world. --- Dune: Dr. Kynes; Imperial Ecologist