Author Topic: Wal-Mart "Treachery on Saleucami" Battle Pack  (Read 50585 times)

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Wal-Mart "Treachery on Saleucami" Battle Pack
« Reply #105 on: March 24, 2007, 03:11 AM »
Looks alright.  I'd actually like to see the Clones standing on their own.  Chewie, which Clone Trooper sculpt do these Clones appear to be based upon?  Is it the ROTS SA Clone with added accessories, or something new entirely?

Still, it's nice to have some troopers/commanders to go along with my ROTS Target exclusive Clones.  Gotta build the units up!

I got a set yesterday. I think it's the body from the their Target counterparts. They seem to have the same neck.

It's a bit of of bummer that the legs get all tweaked from being forced onto the bikes, but they're great-looking figures.

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: March 24, 2007, 12:22 PM »
US WM exclusive?
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: March 24, 2007, 04:35 PM »
Just got my set on a short road trip to a nearby town that had really gone the extra mile in terms of putting new stuff out for the reset.  The last time I saw a Wal-Mart this well (and cleanly) stocked in the SW section was during the Midnight Madness for ROTS.  Tons of 30AC figures, Vader coin albums, vehicles (Tiin's Fighter and the white TIE), Galactic Heroes, Unleashed, Titaniums, and so forth. 

Anyway, the bikes are, in fact, the same as the one packed with Stass Allie (although these have red highlights) without foot pegs on the pedals.  The figures are, in fact, based on the Target exclusive Clone Trooper (which was based on the CW SA Clone Trooper), but the midsection below the ball-jointed torso appears to be different/resculpted slightly to allow the belt/pauldron to fit acceptably.  The legs are, as expected, a bit warped from being on the bike, but the hands are the real warpage problem.  Neyo can't even hold the handlebars, much less hold a gun, and the other Clone doesn't fare too much better. 

Still, the figures are nice enough to where I'm considering buying another set when they show up locally so I can have non-warped Neyo and Clone figures (I'm sure one of our wonderful customizers or someone else would be interested in the bikes alone).  Oh, and a heads-up to those of you who open and toss the packaging: there are two short blasters included tied into the plastic insert in the lower left hand corner.  Not that the figures can hold them due to the hand warpage, but still, just an FYI so you don't throw them in the dumpster. :)

Offline King_Maul

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: March 24, 2007, 07:29 PM »
One of my buddies picked one up for me a couple of days ago.  I can't wait to hold it in my own hands.  Thanks for the heads up on the blasters, I'll be looking for them.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: March 24, 2007, 11:09 PM »
I'm waiting to see what tomorrow holds. I hope there's not a lot of "sold out" before the 25th stories.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline TheBlackDog65

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: March 25, 2007, 01:55 AM »
I found  these three times in the last two days while looking for items I need for my students to do a science experiment in class next week. I have to say that I passed. The visor for me is one issue. Hasbro should have done a ROTS Clone Commander #33 Visor trick on that. The bikes are cool and interesting, but in reality, for me, they take up room I don't have, don't fit a theme and as such, I have to say pass. That and I passed on Stass Allie because I thought that the figure could be made better. 
"For too long gentleness has been equated with weakness.  Yet it takes more strength to be gentle than to be mean."

John Keeshan

Wants: Saga Wave 3

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: March 25, 2007, 03:06 PM »
Between me and some friends, we covered 6 WM's this moring. None put out the BP's. ???
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: March 26, 2007, 09:14 AM »
I checked out both of our town's Wal-Marts as well, and there were no signs of these.  Actually, neither one of them had any battle packs, just lots of lightsabers and/or nerf blasters.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: March 28, 2007, 02:42 PM »
I brought the UPC number to two of my WM's to ask about this. I was surprised that they were very helpful, but confirmed that none were in the store and that none were on the way. :(

Offline Kill_Solo

• Jedi Initiate
  • You're a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: March 28, 2007, 04:15 PM »
The day I found this pack I had to hit up 4 Walmarts. After striking out at the first 3 Walmarts, I was a bit irked so I took the UPC code up to customer service and asked them to find me the closest Walmart that had them in stock. Luckily there was a Walmart not even 10 minutes down the road that had 24 of them in stock. Why I didn't ask customer service for help at the first Walmart I checked escapes me.

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #115 on: March 28, 2007, 04:52 PM »
I checked but couldn't locate it. Has the UPC code been posted online and if so can someone share it or the location of where it was posted? Thanks!
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline Kill_Solo

• Jedi Initiate
  • You're a llama!
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: March 28, 2007, 06:40 PM by Kill_Solo »

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #117 on: March 28, 2007, 06:47 PM »
Use this (click!) , it was very helpful in my search. You can print it out and it will scan.

wow thanks, that's a pretty neat site. you can do searches for any product to find the upc code for it. who knew that would be out there. i'm printing this up asap, thanks again!
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: March 29, 2007, 05:07 AM »
Found this set last weekend, out of the 6 WMs I went to only one (the first one) had them.
I remember my dream now.

Offline AnakinsHand

• Youngling
  • Where is my hand?
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: March 29, 2007, 06:59 PM »
Thanks to a co-worker, I got a set. Looks very cool. I just wish that visor was movable/removable.