Author Topic: Wal-Mart "Treachery on Saleucami" Battle Pack  (Read 50578 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Wal-Mart "Treachery on Saleucami" Battle Pack
« Reply #135 on: April 9, 2007, 09:17 AM »
That's kind of how things are at our local store as well.  The 7" Unleashed exclusive, the coin albums, and the Treachery packs have been floating between different areas in the toy department.  It does look as if the Treachery packs are now sold out at our local store, although there are plenty of coin albums left (they were sharing an endcap).

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: April 9, 2007, 01:31 PM »
Okay I love this set.

I went back to Walmart this morning before work and picked up a 3rd set.  I want a nice little 9 man squad of these guys, and I'm going to stop at 3 sets.  But what I plan to do now is cast 5 regular Neyo heads without binocs (impression with alginate, plumber's epoxy resin casts) then fit the heads on clone 41 bodies (God knows I have enough of those) and then just paint the symbols on them.

I'll post these regular troops in my customs thread with some other work I've done lately like Cody, Kashyyyk Clone, and Super Battle Droid (accurate head/shoulder sculpt).
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: April 9, 2007, 03:52 PM »
Okay I love this set.

I went back to Walmart this morning before work and picked up a 3rd set.  I want a nice little 9 man squad of these guys, and I'm going to stop at 3 sets.  But what I plan to do now is cast 5 regular Neyo heads without binocs (impression with alginate, plumber's epoxy resin casts) then fit the heads on clone 41 bodies (God knows I have enough of those) and then just paint the symbols on them.

I'll post these regular troops in my customs thread with some other work I've done lately like Cody, Kashyyyk Clone, and Super Battle Droid (accurate head/shoulder sculpt).

Put me down for some of those Neyo -binocs casted heads, doubt I'll find these as I still haven't found that Barney Astro of Mace's and even if I did find Neyo I couldn't justify all those bikes.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: April 10, 2007, 09:47 AM »
I don't get it, one of my stores has been showing these in stock (26 of them) for more than a week, yet they won't put them out.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: April 10, 2007, 02:58 PM »
I found out that the WalMart that I live closest to was cleaned out of this battle pack. Specifically by the scalpers of ToyWiz.com.  Oh, and look at what they're re-selling them for?  It's only $40.  That's mighty white of them and their runner, carnifexold1eye, who runs around scooping up pieces like this.  You also have to love that they're selling the Order 66 packs for as much as 4 x retail.  Scumbags.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline AnakinsHand

• Youngling
  • Where is my hand?
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: April 10, 2007, 04:50 PM »
I found out that the WalMart that I live closest to was cleaned out of this battle pack. Specifically by the scalpers of ToyWiz.com.  Oh, and look at what they're re-selling them for?  It's only $40.  That's mighty white of them and their runner, carnifexold1eye, who runs around scooping up pieces like this.  You also have to love that they're selling the Order 66 packs for as much as 4 x retail.  Scumbags.

Wow. How shady. I subscribe to their email newsletter, but have never bought anything from them because they are so damn overpriced.  They give little 5% discount codes with each email, but it really is nothing considering how expensive their stuff is.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: April 11, 2007, 09:53 AM »
I don't get it, one of my stores has been showing these in stock (26 of them) for more than a week, yet they won't put them out.

Okay, they put something out randomly yesterday. My buddy called to tell me that he found one of the 26. ???
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: April 11, 2007, 04:25 PM »

Okay, they put something out randomly yesterday. My buddy called to tell me that he found one of the 26. ???

The employees or a scalper probably left with the other 25.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: April 11, 2007, 05:05 PM »
Ok. I finally found one of these. The problem is someone grabbed the clones out of it!!!!  :o

All that was left in the box was two bikes! >:(
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #144 on: April 11, 2007, 05:56 PM »
I'm reading a LOT of that Paul but not seen it in my area so far.

Also around me, they're all gone...  No WM's seem to have them now.  They sold through real fast.  Film clone, $20 pack with 2 bikes and 2 figures...  I guess it was inevitable.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline fongtrooper

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: April 16, 2007, 09:10 PM »
I apologize if this has already been posted, but I've been sifting through all of the Treachery at Saleucami threads and I haven't found an answer to my question yet. So here it goes.

Today at Walmart, I went to purchase one. There were five available and all of them look untampered and complete. Upon closer inspection, I noticed that all five packs did not have Commander Neyo. Instead, they had another Saleucami clone with the red visor. There were two clones, but the visored ones. The back of the box says that it should include a Neyo. The clones still were in their plastic supports, the thin clear plastic string was still tied around their hands and the tape did not look like it had been removed or torn in anyway. Plus, the case had recently been put out.

Is this a shipping and packaging mistake? I find it hard to believe that all five battlepacks were purchased and the commander neyo plucked out, replaced with another Saleucami clone, hands carefully retied to the bike etc... I'm not sure if scalpers did this. Is there a number I can call at Hasbro to figure out what happened? Has anyone else encountered this in their hunts?

Thanks for reading and I look forward to hearing what you guys think.

-brian

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: April 16, 2007, 09:14 PM »
I think someone bought 10, took the visorless clones out, made 5 packages of purely visored clones, and returned them.

Offline fongtrooper

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: April 16, 2007, 09:49 PM »
thanks for the heads up! The more I read about what people do, the more amazed I am at some folks...

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: April 16, 2007, 10:22 PM »
I can't believe that whoever did that did it in-store or else there is a nice little corner where no employee ever goes to where scammers can do that... Those things are packed like Fort Knox. It was a pain trying to remove one bike and Neyo. Of course, I didn't use a knife, so that would definitely help speed it up.

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #149 on: April 17, 2007, 12:57 AM »
Yeah, I didn't buy this set, but I have enough trouble getting figures out of their plastic prisons as it is--I can't imagine how people are able to pull off this sort of thing.
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)