Author Topic: 30AC Wave 3 - Tatooine  (Read 76387 times)

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
Re: 30AC Wave 3 - Tatooine
« Reply #180 on: April 4, 2007, 09:18 AM »
Odds are the figure on the card are production samples sans the coins.

That would lead me to believe Jesse's images (above) are hand made protos.

Regardless, it's a step in the right direction - we have a basic stormie (kids will eat these up) on the pegs for the first time since, what, the OTC release?

« Last Edit: April 4, 2007, 09:19 AM by ruiner »

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #181 on: April 4, 2007, 09:22 AM »
Regardless, it's a step in the right direction - we have a basic stormie (kids will eat these up) on the pegs for the first time since, what, the OTC release?

Yep, and that was the suckery Commetech Sculpt.  :-X
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: April 4, 2007, 10:05 AM »

Yeah, and that's definitely a good thing - regardless of how this helmet turns out.  I'd still like to see OT troops, like the Stormtrooper, Snowtrooper, and Biker Scout, available on the pegs as often as we've seen clones over the past 3 years.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #183 on: April 4, 2007, 10:14 AM »
Yeah, and that's definitely a good thing - regardless of how this helmet turns out.  I'd still like to see OT troops, like the Stormtrooper, Snowtrooper, and Biker Scout, available on the pegs as often as we've seen clones over the past 3 years.

Since we are getting some large pack-ins this year, it'd be nice to get a nice Speeder Bike along with a carded VTSC Biker Scout
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: April 4, 2007, 10:17 AM »
That's a great idea.  I really hope we do eventually see a new Speeder Bike, and if so, Hasbro is smart enough to at least put out a basic carded VTSC Biker Scout alongside it this year.  This would be a good year to do it actually, since that figure is set to be released in the "Saga Legends" assortment.

Offline Nick

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: April 19, 2007, 03:34 AM »
I've had notification that my wave 3 will be with me in the next 7 days or so and interestingly it may be coming with a colour variant of both the Galactic Marine and Airborne Trooper

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #186 on: April 19, 2007, 04:25 AM »
With the all new SA Biker Scout (Kudos to you Hasbro, that's some super fine work you did), fans are now anxious to know if an all new Speederbike is in the works? The original's sculpt is detailed, however the bike isn't particularly sturdy and it's a bit oversized. A smaller (properly scaled) bike with maybe a clear stand for a hovering effect would be incredibly popular given how many Biker Scouts a lot of us own I'd imagine. (JD, 7/26/06)

Interesting idea. We don't have a new one in the works, but if we do a new bike, we'll take your feedback into account.

Maybe that bike'll happen?  :)  It's obviously been on my wishlist for a  while, haha.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: April 19, 2007, 09:30 AM »
I've had notification that my wave 3 will be with me in the next 7 days or so and interestingly it may be coming with a colour variant of both the Galactic Marine and Airborne Trooper

I don't like the sound of that. Where did you hear that?
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #188 on: April 19, 2007, 10:27 AM »

I don't like the sound of that. Where did you hear that?

I second the question. Where did that info come from?
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Nick

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: April 19, 2007, 10:50 AM by Nick »

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #190 on: April 19, 2007, 02:44 PM »
I'm def getting Biggs--for novelty value, since he's from a cut scene.

Luke's headsculpt is complete garbage, although the body is fine. But I just realized he comes with a vaporator, so now I have to get him. :-\

Mayyyyyybe Chewie--the figure is a smashing rendition of the concept art, but he isn't something that I can't live without. Although I'm toying with getting one and trying to do a headswap with a normal Wookiee, to get a Wookiee warrior with vest, ammo belts, etc.

Jawa looks great but I can't get everything I want.

So:

1x Biggs
1x Luke
maybe 1x Chewie
Pass on the others.
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: April 19, 2007, 08:44 PM »
I would not be surprised if Hasbro releases these different color Clones.  Same thing happened with the ROTS line when the Green Clone Commander, Black Pilot and Shocktrooper mysteriously showed up.  They came out of nowhere and most thought they were customs,  since pics never leaked. 

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: April 19, 2007, 08:50 PM »

Here you go folks -

http://www.r2dtoys.com/store/store.pl?action=search&category=97&textsearch=wv3&sub_category=-1&sub_category2=-1&id=2363

Maybe it's just battle damage.  Not too much else makes sense methinks.  Unless they put Target Order 66 colors in Wave 3.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: April 20, 2007, 02:31 AM »

Here you go folks -

http://www.r2dtoys.com/store/store.pl?action=search&category=97&textsearch=wv3&sub_category=-1&sub_category2=-1&id=2363

Maybe it's just battle damage.  Not too much else makes sense methinks.  Unless they put Target Order 66 colors in Wave 3.

That thought crossed my mind, but I have a feeling they'll do something like the Shocktrooper version of an airborne and the 501st version of the Marine.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #194 on: April 20, 2007, 02:38 AM »
^Agreed. Or a shocktrooper marine.

At this rate we'll soon have every legion variant on every sculpt (AT-RT driver, marine, airborne, BARC, etc.) I think the only one that hasn't been tapped at all is the BARC trooper--we've only gotten him in the camo.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2007, 02:41 AM by Nathan »
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)