Author Topic: 30AC Wave 3 - Tatooine  (Read 76454 times)

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
Re: 30AC Wave 3 - Tatooine
« Reply #270 on: June 1, 2007, 08:39 PM »
Super weird find at Target: 3 wave 3 Stormies, 2 wave 3 vaders and no one else! This was all they had left, none in the back! I bought all the Stormies. Whats really cool is I swapped the heads of the comic Han and Luke to have plain white versions. Its the same tool so they fit perfect! Plenty of VOTC and Comic packs plus Wave 1 and 2 is finally in good numbers with old saga2 being finally phased out after 6 months in 2007!
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: June 1, 2007, 09:43 PM »
Whats really cool is I swapped the heads of the comic Han and Luke to have plain white versions. Its the same tool so they fit perfect!

That's good to know!!  :D ;D

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #272 on: June 1, 2007, 10:20 PM »
Whats really cool is I swapped the heads of the comic Han and Luke to have plain white versions. Its the same tool so they fit perfect!

BINGO.   ;D

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: June 2, 2007, 09:55 AM »

I figured as much. Now to pick up extra heads. :P
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: June 2, 2007, 02:18 PM »
I figured as much. Now to pick up extra heads. :P

Off with their heads?  ;)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: June 2, 2007, 04:26 PM »
Speaking of off with their heads...

How about that Jawa?  Very nice sculpting and I am pleasantly surprised about the articulation, including a ball jointed head!  It's very nice to see ball joints in the elbows and shoulders, especially considering how small those joints happen to be.

But the thing that I think is really cool about this Jawa?  Interchangeability of parts.  You can pop off the head in order to take off the bandolier and/or vest, so that this Jawa can have a few different looks.  And add in the small accessories like the droid caller and blaster, both of which have holsters...this is very cool!  Add in the LIN droid on top of all of that, and it's just gravy.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: June 2, 2007, 10:19 PM »
This wave comes 12 Vaders to a case right? 

If so, I found a whole case today at Wal-Mart.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #277 on: June 3, 2007, 03:29 AM »
I found 3 cases of Wave 3 Revision 1 today. All three were sitting on a shrinkwrapped pallet. And all three had been cut open neatly and had their McChewies neatly removed. I'm guess my Wal-Mart has some employee who scalps the things. So much for finding any McQuarrie figures on a midnight run at that store...
"This is the way."

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #278 on: June 3, 2007, 12:23 PM »
Found out at our Target yesterday they have employees doing the same thing.  I managed to get one Chewie, but out of three cases they had in the back, the rest were mysteriously 'sold out.'  Whatever.  I did get the rest of the wave, and the Jawa is my absolute favorite.  I love Jawas, but this is nuts.  Like Nicklab said, he can be three or four different Jawas thanks to the removable gear.  I will be buying lots, and some Stormtroopers, which is great except for the loose torso.  I swapped out the head for my comic Han and it looks great.  I have to get another one for Luke.  The Tatooine Luke is great - swap that head too with and X-Wing or Ceremony Luke to get the Blast Shield version we've all wanted.  The Mositure Vaparator is ridiculous, an instant classic.  Kudos to Hasbro.  Biggs... Biggs is fine except mine has feet so gummy they literally curled up in the package.  He won't stand up, and barely does on a stand.  Sigh.

And Chewie rules.   :)

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: June 3, 2007, 02:32 PM »
The local Target put out a case of these on Friday during the huge anticipatory TF movie toy reset, and both Chewies were, like Spuffy's experience, mysteriously missing from the case.  Grabbed one of each of the rest along with an extra Stormtrooper.  The Wal-Mart just down the street apparently got a case as well, as there was still a Stormtrooper and Vader hanging around on Saturday moring.  As of this morning, all that either store has left from this wave is Vader (3 at Target, 1 at WM). 

Just an FYI to those of you who haven't gotten the Vader (which, by the looks of things, is everyone but me):  the figure is essentially identical to the ANH Commemorative Tin Vader, right down to the same Hayden scarred head, making Hasbro's argument that they wouldn't release an Evolutions ROTS Anakin on a card due to his inclusion in the ROTS tin null and void.  If there are differences between the two (other than the Obi-Wan cloak), they're so miniscule to be unnoticeable. 

My Biggs has the same foot problems as Spuffy, too.  His feet look like the Wicked Witch's toes curling up after the house lands on her.   ;D

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: June 4, 2007, 09:53 AM »
The Biggs I found last week has the same problem too.  He does stand, but it is with a bit of a gangsta lean.  A stand might be a good idea for him.  Our local Target seems to be putting out one figure from this wave each day, among the Wave 2 pegwarmers.  I found Vader last Thursday, Biggs on Friday, and a Stormtrooper on Saturday.  I just happened to be at the store the last four days, which is unusual.  Yesterday they seemed to have some peg space cleared up (someone must have bought some of those Hans and Lukes from Wave 2), but no new figures on the pegs.  They'll probably stock today or tomorrow when I can't make it over there.  That was enough driving for one week last week :P.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: June 5, 2007, 09:50 AM »
A lot of my local freinds are complaining about the disapearing Chewie as well. And I'm kind of expecting a fight at one my morning stops as well over it. The Hotwheel guy who makes it a point to skip the hotwheels for any Mqfig is really starting to annoy us.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: June 5, 2007, 10:12 AM »
Hopefully I'll one day have the remainder of this wave. Sure, like most everything else I'll be a whore and get it all, but I like it to be sooner so I'm done here.

DS

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: June 5, 2007, 11:02 AM »
The Hotwheel guy who makes it a point to skip the hotwheels for any Mqfig is really starting to annoy us.

Go for his TH's then...all's fair!
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Nick

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: June 5, 2007, 04:41 PM »
Mine arrived yesterday from R2Dtoys.

I'm very impressed with the entire wave with the exception of Biggs.  Maybe it's just mine but his feet are so curved that posing him is impossible.