Author Topic: 30AC Wave 3 - Tatooine  (Read 76381 times)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Re: 30th Anniversay Wave 3- Tatooine
« Reply #45 on: January 24, 2007, 02:14 PM »

This would seem to suggest that the Luke is definitely a Tatooine one (with the vaparator), which will be cool.  I've been wondering for a while if the Vader isn't the ANH tin set one, maybe with the helmet glued down.  That's what I'm betting.

I was kind of surprised to see the bio on this figure.  I'm *hoping* that this version of Vader will come with Ben's cloak and lightsaber hilt.  I hope whoever came up with this idea at Hasbro thinks the way I do.  But it would definitely make sense if this version was the ANH tin sculpt.

HOLY CRAP!!!  How the hell did I call that?!?!?!

This wave looks very cool.  Not sure how the Moisture Vaporator would fit with that particular Luke.  It seems like that version is supposed to be Luke at Ben's hut.  Where does a moisture vaporator come into play there?

Biggs - Very cool.  Is he going to have the cloak?
Elis Helrot - The likeness looks dead on.  I'm just wondering if he can actually sit.
Jawa w/ LIN Droid - It's nice to see a new Jawa sculpt here.  The paintjob on the LIN looks a little weird, but it might be attributable to lighting.
Chewbacca - I was wondering which concept drawing of Chewbacca we were going to get, and now we know.  I like the execution on this one.

No sign of Mi'yoom Onith, huh?  Oh well.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 24, 2007, 03:51 PM »
Holy crow! These are phenomenal!

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 24, 2007, 04:07 PM »
Elis!

That's what happens when you drink too much firewater.

And wow for the rest of the wave... just when I think about giving it up.  ::)

Offline Deanna Rash

• Jedi Padawan
  • AH ! Whatta you know a jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 24, 2007, 04:16 PM »
 :o :o :o 8)This year is gonna blow me away :P
The ablity to speak does not make you intelligent - now get out of here!

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #49 on: January 24, 2007, 05:04 PM »
These look great.Love the wind swept hair on Luke, and the sandals on Ghost Face. Biggs is a deam come true, however, where's his cape?  We need the cape!

Chewie is beyond my expectations.  It's as if Hasbro drilled a hole in my head and poked around to see how I wanted the figures to look!
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #50 on: January 24, 2007, 05:18 PM »
These really are phenomenal...I'll be getting every single one of them. And I'm glad I passed on the tin set, because I'd much rather have this Vader. Top notch work!

As for Biggs' cape, I know a certain POTF2 General Lando figure that will be donating his to Biggs...
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 24, 2007, 05:22 PM »
These figures look spectacular...but, I possibly have 1 small gripe(really small ;))it appears to me that, for some reason, the legs seem consistently small and out of proportion on alot of these pics from both waves.

Spectacular figs though

DS 

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #52 on: January 24, 2007, 06:09 PM »
Great stuff. This all look awesome and i love the Vader with the cloak. The only thing i do not like is the McQuarrie Series. They just do nothing for me. I enjoy the holiday Boba Fett very much though.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 24, 2007, 06:42 PM »
Elis and the Jawa rock... I'll definitely have to pick those two up.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 24, 2007, 07:18 PM »
OH MY GOD.

These are PHENOMINAL. I want every one of them. But I'll probably pass on Vader and Luke until we get more details about articulation, accessories, etc.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 24, 2007, 08:04 PM »
im actually not as impressed, sorry. chewbacca is just ugly, luke i need no more, and stormy ive just had enough of the votc sculpt, we can never see it again for all i care. sorry guys.

however, the VADER, ELIS, AND JAWA ROCK! vader looks awesome, this couldve been the only one ever released! elis, well duh, ive wanted him forever, and A NEW JAWA sculpt that INCLUDES a BADASS DROID! SWEET!  ;D
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 24, 2007, 08:27 PM »
Wow.  I was kind of losing interest in collecting, but those BASTARDS at Hasbro have to go and keep improving things.  I'm amazed and will buy each of these.  That Chewie's a great generic alien, even if I'm not interested in it as a "concept" character.

Radical.
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #57 on: January 24, 2007, 08:57 PM »
Some really tough pictures to judge the greatness of any given figure...  I'll give some early thoughts though.

-McBacca...  Without a doubt this and Fett were the two Concept Figures I was geeked about...  Chewie's such a freak he fits into any diorama by himself, so I really wanted his ghastly looking freakish face out there to collect at some point.  Looks to have above average articulation too...  I'm seeing knees and elbow joints there, 2 weapons...  He's a freak and I love him!

-Jawa/Droid...  THE single droid I've wanted done more than anything is the Mining Droid and that kicks much ass...  A new jawa adds diversity, it's cool for sure and has a neat blaster, but the droid I will want in bulk.  I love that figure set.  Hasbro gets a big thumbs-up and I didn't even want more Jawas, haha.

-Stormtrooper...  Who can complain really?  SA, and the helmet looks spiffy in that photo.  If that's how it looks in person, I'm gonna be broke.

-Vader...  I wonder if the Obi cloak is just a plastic stand like piece?  That's cool if it is...  The figure obviously is somewhat secondary though I love the pose, and it's iconic to say the least.  It's about the only way you can innovate on Vader short of a battle damaged one or some other "EU" concept of one.  I'll get it for the cloak though, that's damn skippy there.

-Ellis Helrot...  Besides Bom Vimdin and Garrouf Lafoe, Helrot is the Cantina Alien highest on my list too!  Needless to say this wave's turning out to be a dream come true.  I think I see near Super Articulation on this one too, and the sculpt is simply outstanding, as is his bitchin' little pistol...  Perfection as long as the articulation holds up.  Must have knees, elbows, and wrists atop the routine points to get my thumbs up completely but it's looking like he has it all, maybe even ankles.

-Biggs...  I'm mixed right now.  Blowing up the photo and lightening it as best I can, the knees don't look articulated and that's simply disappointing to me...  Especially given the great look of the figure in general.  There's no cloak either, interesting...  Either way though, from the waist up it's amazing...  SA on the upper body it appears, a bitching pistol with holster, a great headsculpt...  Thumbs up.  So far just slight disappointment on the knees...  I'm hoping my eyes just aren't as good as they used to be.  Hasbro's so f'n goofy on articulation though, I mean why skimp that little bit? 

Either way, great custom fodder too, and I wholely expect to see Imperial Cadet figures made with this one. :)

-Luke...  I was hoping for a SA Farmboy Luke, kind of the definitive version of this figure...  They have a start but again I don't see knee joints on him and the head's pretty specifically sculpted for certain scenes.  The upper body looks great for poseability though...  I can easily see some VOTC Luke legs getting grafted to this figure for full SA if the legs aren't as poseable as I'm hoping they are.  Either way, a good Tatooine Luke's been quite some time now...  VOTC didn't cut the mustard for many, so this is overdue.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 25, 2007, 08:59 AM »
Now that I have had more time to stare at these. 

Biggs - he has got to have the cape.  I will be pissed if he does not.  I am thinking they just wanted to show folks with that picture that he does have articulation in the arms.  Why they did not make his knees articulated is a disappointment.    I was beginning to wonder if they would ever make it.  So, I am pretty happy with just having this.  That is if the cape is included.   Maybe nobody else cares but I am kind of geeked out that he will also have his own coin.  The nerd in me enjoys that for some strange reason. 

Luke - Yeah it's another Farmboy version.  I pray this comes with a moisture vaporator just because I want one.  They will probably always have at least one farmboy version every year so long as SW toys are on the market.  I agree that he needed leg articulation.  Hopefully he will?  It's just odd to give these figures articulation in the torso and above but not in the knees.  Anyway, I love the wind in the hair look.  For that alone they got me.  It's nice to see articution in the arms and such. He will be good for several scenes IMO. 

Hellrot - Not much to say other the I will get him because I love cantina and Jabba background characters.  They could make an entire line of these characters and I'd buy every one of them without blinking.  It looks like they nailed his face.  I don't know much about his clothing.  So, I don't know if it's accurate or not?  I hope he can sit down though.

Vader - I am assuming this is the one that comes with the coin album or no?  I do not really need another Vader.  I love the Kenobi robe with him though.  So, in the end I will snatch this up just for that.  I do like the clenched Vader fist. 

McBacca - Llike someone said earlier he looks great as a stand alone alien.  The face is just spectacularly ugly.  It does not even really resemble the final Chewbacca.  But I am so used that concept art of Chewy that makes this figure that much sweeter for me.  I am geeked out on this one.   

Jawa and LIN-V8K - Again I wanted this for the droid.  The Jawa is a plus.  Glad it's a different looking Jawa.  I will only need to buy one but glad they made it.  I hope they make the Umbrella Droid someday as well. 

Stormtrooper - I like the VOTC version so this is a plus.  I don't really care for the helmet being removeable.  I will just leave it on him.  I am glad we can get some of these at regular prices - granted the price increase sucks but it's better than $12 a pop.  We can all use more stormtroopers right? 

All in all a nice wave. 

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 25, 2007, 09:37 AM »
-Stormtrooper...  Who can complain really?  SA, and the helmet looks spiffy in that photo.  If that's how it looks in person, I'm gonna be broke.

I noticed the helmet too - looks like they retooled it to be more in scale.  I always thought the VOTC version was a tad too small.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2007, 09:38 AM by ruiner »