Author Topic: 30AC Wave 3 - Tatooine  (Read 76385 times)

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: 30AC Wave 3 - Tatooine
« Reply #75 on: February 11, 2007, 01:38 AM »
This Vader on the lower left must be the Wave 3 Vader - he's standing on Obi-Wan's cloak!  8)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #76 on: February 11, 2007, 02:02 AM »
Without a doubt, I agree Jesse.  Rob's photo really shows the detail in the articulation...  ball jointed elbows AND shoulders, on a Jawa...  OUtstanding.

Is he a particular Jawa in the sale scene?  The leader?  I don't remember one w/vest and pistol in holster like that, but that's fan-frickin'-tastic for a Jawa.  The irony, he's just the icing on the cake for me since I am more stoked on the droid.  I've wanted the mining droid for a long time now.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #77 on: February 11, 2007, 03:05 AM »
The Jawa may be my favorite figure of the year - maybe of the line.  What's great (beyond the articulation and the detail - good lord) is it appears the orange vest is a separate piece, meaning it might come off with some work, meaning I am buying loads for custom Jawas.   ;D

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 11, 2007, 10:58 PM »
What's up with the Moisture Vaporator?  Does it come with Luke somehow crammed into the package or is it a separate carded item?  Anyone know?  Sorry, I haven't seen this discussed before.

And great pics Rob, you did stellar work.  I wish you were taking pictures for my photonovels!   :-*

:P

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 12, 2007, 05:39 PM »
And great pics Rob, you did stellar work.  I wish you were taking pictures for my photonovels!   :-*

Thanks!   I wasn't happy with some of them - but most of them turned out pretty good I think given the fast pace process of shooting, processing, and uploading as fast as possible.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #80 on: February 12, 2007, 08:00 PM »
CHEWIE, the vaporator should come with Luke and I assume is multi-part with "some assembly required".  the 30th AC bubbles seem to have been a little misleading in how big they are because they sure can pack a lot of toy in when they want to.  That's good at the price they're chiming in at.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 12, 2007, 08:38 PM »
The Jawa may be my favorite figure of the year - maybe of the line.  What's great (beyond the articulation and the detail - good lord) is it appears the orange vest is a separate piece, meaning it might come off with some work, meaning I am buying loads for custom Jawas.   ;D

If what we saw is accurate, it should be a separate piece.  After we were uploading pics Rob and I were discussing if we thought the vest was separate or not...I'm not sure where Rob stands on it, but say it is either 2 pieces or looks easy enough to turn into 2 pieces once I get several.

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 25, 2007, 06:48 PM »
I was watching HBO today (and they were showing the OT all the way through back to back....)

I was watching the Jawa Sale scene and there are 3 or 4 at the Lars Homestead who are wearing Vests.  One in particular is herding the LIN Droid....

Pretty neat stuff.  I will have an extra 10 or so LIN Droids for sure, since I am scrapping the Old Jawas with the sky lights in their heads, for this one.  I might save the Commtech ones for attempted head swaps, but Ball Jointed Shoulders and Elbows really makes this Jawa my favorite Alien of the year.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2007, 06:50 PM by Paul »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #83 on: February 26, 2007, 03:20 AM »
Paul, keep me in mind for those droids...  Mining droids are right up my alley for a diorama/display I've got in the pipeline.  I could use the more the merrier and won't be scrapping my old Jawas (though I will be happy to add to the army!).

I will however want a nice LIN army...  as odd as that sounds to most people I'm sure.  I'm probably the only guy army building a droid like that.

Offline S_A_Longhorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Hook 'Em Horns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 27, 2007, 06:01 PM »
I brought these posts over from the JABBA'S PALACE wave thread:

or this

Thanks, I dug out my bar pieces this morning and if you put the regular pieces back to back there is enough room between the bar tops (about 1.5") for Wuher to stand, schlepp out drinkings and be an *******. So, you could get away with having 4 corner pieces and 2 straight piece to build a "mini" bar.

Absolutely- not to mention that the curved pieces will not make an accurate curve size for the bar.  Not to come down on it for those collectors excited about it, but here is a fairly accurate dimensions pic of the bar from my Cantina dio:

I'm working on my Cantina diorama, so these ideas are intriging.  I'm not building a full set like Daigo-Bah, but the bar spacing is going to be tricky.  I'll post some photos in the next week or two. 

I'm really looking forward to the corner pieces and the two new Cantina aliens.  Never cared before, but last years SAGA new Cantina figs & the re-release of the Cantina band got me going!  ;D
"WE HAVE NOTHING TO HIDE.  TODD WILL COOPERATE."
-Sarah Palin to Charlie Gibson, a week before her husband, Todd Palin, refused to cooperate

Offline S_A_Longhorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Hook 'Em Horns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 1, 2007, 03:27 PM »
Here is a pic of my ever-changing Cantina diorama.  Not as nice as DAIGO-BAH, but I will be happy to get those corner pieces.  There are more pics of this in the Collection's forum.

"WE HAVE NOTHING TO HIDE.  TODD WILL COOPERATE."
-Sarah Palin to Charlie Gibson, a week before her husband, Todd Palin, refused to cooperate

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 1, 2007, 04:08 PM »
Daigo-Bah's is awesome... too bad we can't get Hasbro to make something like that.  But it still is going to look cool with a curved bar section FINALLY!!!

Also - I like how you have both versions of Zutton next to each other there, and your cantina is nicely filled out there without too many figures crowding it.  Sometimes it's hard to not overcrowd a scene.   :-\

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 2, 2007, 11:52 AM »
RS is reporting that Biggs will have his cape!
« Last Edit: March 2, 2007, 11:54 AM by Darth_Anton »
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 2, 2007, 12:05 PM »
RS is reporting that Biggs will have his cape!

They forgot to bring it to the show?  Seriously, sometimes I think Hasbro is run by a couple of 16-year-olds.  I wonder what my boss would think if I just forgot to bring a couple of slides from my deck to a presentation... ::)
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #89 on: March 2, 2007, 12:09 PM »
That's good news.  I figured I just use one of Dooku's.   :)