Author Topic: 30AC Wave 3 - Tatooine  (Read 76445 times)

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
Re: 30AC Wave 3 - Tatooine
« Reply #165 on: March 29, 2007, 04:24 PM »
I think they should have left well enough alone on this one, and just kept it as a non-removable helmet.

:P

Yes, I agree.  Damn them for giving a toy more play value.   >:(

"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: March 29, 2007, 05:19 PM »
The helmet looks good to me, it just has a terrible paint job. Still getting as many as possible.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: March 29, 2007, 06:28 PM »
The helmet looks good to me, it just has a terrible paint job. Still getting as many as possible.

Good?  How about this helmet then?

Compared to this:

Because I don't really see the difference.

Now, feast your eyes on the Tantive IV stormie helmet.  Now you have to see the difference:

« Last Edit: March 29, 2007, 06:29 PM by Dressel Rebel »
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #168 on: March 29, 2007, 06:28 PM »

I think that's part of the problem everyone is having with the helmet so far, is that this example has as ****** paintjob. Also the head seems to be angled looking down so the helmet seems too close to the chest which is just a problem caused by the person who took the photo at Hasbro when they put the figure together. Sign me up for 1 million. :D
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: March 29, 2007, 07:32 PM »
The Tantive IV stormie is without question still my definitive stormtrooper sculpt, helmet to toes. Too bad I havent found any yet, but it's certainly 5x better than any other stormie released!
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: March 29, 2007, 08:47 PM »
The Tantive IV stormie is without question still my definitive stormtrooper sculpt, helmet to toes. Too bad I havent found any yet, but it's certainly 5x better than any other stormie released!

Well, if you go in for a cleaned up Sandtrooper posing as a Stormtrooper, then I guess that works for you.  ;D  Because that Tantive IV Stormtrooper is just that:  the Evolutions Sandtrooper with a clean paintjob.  But if you compare the belts of a Sandtrooper and a Stormtrooper you will notice some very distinct differences.

Stormtrooper armor
Sandtrooper armor
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: March 29, 2007, 09:13 PM »
i think the TAc one looks good. so what if the helmet is bulky its still good and it will probably look better in person. im happy for this wave and cant wait. and the helmet looks A LOT better then the POTF figure. and who is to say that the evo clone doesnt have a small head? maybe this one is properly scaled and evo isnt...
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: March 29, 2007, 09:13 PM »
I'll take an extra ammo pouch on my utility belt over a 1995 POTF2 stormie helmet.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #173 on: March 30, 2007, 01:28 AM »
I gotta be honest, I'm the king of complaints about figures but the TAC Stormtrooper's still an outstanding figure to me...  I'll be getting as many as I can still.  I do think the helmet's a bit of poo, but that's either fixable (if you were so inclined) or so minor to me that I doubt I'll be deterred by it. 

I don't think Mace is ALL that bad either, haha...  I'm actually more annoyed by his skirt piece than his headsculpt. 

Either way I'm still pretty geeked for 2007...  This is, at least early, shaping up to be a better year than '06.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: March 30, 2007, 11:54 AM »

Good?  How about this helmet then?

Compared to this:

Because I don't really see the difference.

Now, feast your eyes on the Tantive IV stormie helmet.  Now you have to see the difference:

That about sums it up for me... I'm happy that some people do like figure though, but to me this helmet is terrible.  The nozzels aren't even painted right. 

This helmet looks like it sat in an oven and started melting.

Make me glad I'm up to over 30 of the Tantive Stormies...

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: April 3, 2007, 07:56 PM »
there is one thing about the stormy helmet that can be argued.

its to big..meaning its head must be to scale. now if people want a smaller helmet what do you think will have to happen? omg a smaller head. now buyers would have a new thing to complain about. you guys who dont like the helmet will never be satisfied no matter what hasbro would do to correct it. i think its fine and something that i have no problem living with.
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: April 3, 2007, 09:30 PM »
The helmet looks to scrunched up. Hasbro please don't make this your biggest mistake of the year!
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #177 on: April 3, 2007, 09:34 PM »
Never like the Evolutions/Tative Stormtrooper that much.  The fact that it can't move it's waist or torso is inexcusable in my book.  The 3o AC Trooper looks fine.  Those helmets were big and goofy in the moves.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: April 4, 2007, 12:27 AM »
As always, I reserve my judgement of this Stormtrooper until I've got one to hold and examine up close.  Because I've seen all the pics that everyone is talking about, but I notice other things that don't get talked about.  Like the fact that the one in the carded pic isn't necessarily a final, production version.  Notice the lack of a coin in the package?  And what about the low resolution of the picture itself?  For me those things make me leary of prematurely judging this figure.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #179 on: April 4, 2007, 01:10 AM »
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77