Author Topic: 30AC Wave 3 - Tatooine  (Read 76414 times)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Re: 30AC Wave 3 - Tatooine
« Reply #210 on: May 2, 2007, 07:00 AM »
Wasn't it announced somewhere that wave 3 would hit in May?  Not surprised at all to see this starting to filter in, but I agree - it will probably be a few weeks before these start to really show up in force. Most of my local Targets have nothing on the shelves for TAC, so I'm hoping that means an earlier W3 release.  ;D
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: May 2, 2007, 08:14 AM »
Wasn't it announced somewhere that wave 3 would hit in May?  Not surprised at all to see this starting to filter in, but I agree - it will probably be a few weeks before these start to really show up in force. Most of my local Targets have nothing on the shelves for TAC, so I'm hoping that means an earlier W3 release.  ;D

Yeah, that's because you're finished with W2.  ;) I'm not sure who else in our group still needs figs from that wave.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: May 2, 2007, 09:27 AM »
Where did this report come from? Maryland DC getting stuff first? Never heard of that.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: May 2, 2007, 10:51 AM »
And if it's actually been found, I wonder if it's got the gold UGH coins or what the "color variation" is about? Inquiring Defenders wanna know?

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: May 2, 2007, 06:26 PM »
Where did this report come from? Maryland DC getting stuff first? Never heard of that.

I just saw this post.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: May 3, 2007, 09:39 AM »

I just saw this post.

But what qualifies it as a valid report? Don't people normaly bug the poster for pictures and a recipt as proof? I could say the I found wave 6 at Target yesterday, but that doesn't mean it's true.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: May 3, 2007, 09:53 AM »
But what qualifies it as a valid report? Don't people normaly bug the poster for pictures and a recipt as proof? I could say the I found wave 6 at Target yesterday, but that doesn't mean it's true.

I have no idea of the veracity of the report. I was just passing on the post.

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #217 on: May 3, 2007, 11:01 AM »
But what qualifies it as a valid report?

The report was first posted in the forums at toynewsi (which is what Ook pointed out in his post).

That post is where JediInsider (part of the toynewsi group) got the info for their news story (which is what Artoo copied earlier in this thread).

What makes the story legit enough for JediInsider to post was the fact that Whitewolf is a frequent contributor over there.  It's kind of like when JediMAC posts his "hey everyone, I found this in SoCal" news posts on our front page.  He never has pictures or reciepts, but we all believe him because he's JediMAC, a regular contributor over here.  We tend to believe him because we know him and trust his word. 

It seems like the same thing for Whitewolf over there.  He is one of their toy reviewers, so they trust him.  I don't think they would have posted it if they didn't think it was true... but whether it is true everywhere or not remains to be seen.  We all know how regional this stuff is and how strange things can happen (like when the VTSC figures hit a Kansas store months before they hit anywhere else). 

They (JediInsider) claim he's going to review the figures in the next few days, so if it's true there will be pics soon enough...
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: May 3, 2007, 11:23 AM »
At least from those case ratio we can deduce that there was no UGH in that wave 3 case.

1. News like that would have been too big not to post
2. There was x2 each of all the new figs just like the first wave 2 case-leaving no room for refresher figs-meaning no UGH possible

As for the wave 2.5 though, I have not yet heard of that case-it's possible it had UGH but I doubt something that informational would be not reported.

I think if Hasbro will do UGH this year it will be in wave 4,5 or 6 refresher cases.

DS

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: May 3, 2007, 11:32 AM »
This is frustrating beyond all belief.  I have only seen wave one (in it's entirety) once and the only figure I've seen from wave two was Han Solo.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #220 on: May 3, 2007, 02:53 PM »
This is frustrating beyond all belief.  I have only seen wave one (in it's entirety) once and the only figure I've seen from wave two was Han Solo.

At least you ave seen something from wave 2.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Oboewan

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: May 3, 2007, 04:59 PM »

At least you ave seen something from wave 2.

Wait... WAIT!!!!  You mean Wave 2 is shipping?????    :o

I haven't seen Anything other than Obi/R2/Mace from wave 1 except for a single Marine I found at a Target. 

Oboewan
"Who is more the fool... the fool or the fool who posts after him?"

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: May 3, 2007, 05:06 PM »
Well, I feel a little better...

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: May 3, 2007, 06:39 PM »

Yet, I'm going to say it again...
I haven't even seen wave 1 yet!

What was the point of releasing TAC yet if all we see is TSC? ::)
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: May 3, 2007, 06:47 PM »

Yet, I'm going to say it again...
I haven't even seen wave 1 yet!

What was the point of releasing TAC yet if all we see is TSC? ::)

Yeah, I hope the pegwarming TSC goes on clearance at my local Target... I'd love to get a JerJerrod for cheap.