Author Topic: 30AC Wave 3 - Tatooine  (Read 76371 times)

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
Re: 30AC Wave 3 - Tatooine
« Reply #225 on: May 3, 2007, 06:50 PM »
I'd like to army build those Final 22 figures, but I'm not spending anymore money on TSC unless it's on sale.
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: May 3, 2007, 08:44 PM »
Man, I guess I should count myself lucky... I've seen both waves in their entirety (sp?). Recently, it seems like warehouses must be dumping old stock of Saga2 around here. Must be what you're getting. I really hope you all see it soon.

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: May 3, 2007, 08:55 PM »
I heard someone found wave 2 here at WM (of all places) Sunday...probably all gone now. :-\
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: May 4, 2007, 09:33 AM »
But what qualifies it as a valid report?

The report was first posted in the forums at toynewsi (which is what Ook pointed out in his post).

That post is where JediInsider (part of the toynewsi group) got the info for their news story (which is what Artoo copied earlier in this thread).

What makes the story legit enough for JediInsider to post was the fact that Whitewolf is a frequent contributor over there.  It's kind of like when JediMAC posts his "hey everyone, I found this in SoCal" news posts on our front page.  He never has pictures or reciepts, but we all believe him because he's JediMAC, a regular contributor over here.  We tend to believe him because we know him and trust his word. 

It seems like the same thing for Whitewolf over there.  He is one of their toy reviewers, so they trust him.  I don't think they would have posted it if they didn't think it was true... but whether it is true everywhere or not remains to be seen.  We all know how regional this stuff is and how strange things can happen (like when the VTSC figures hit a Kansas store months before they hit anywhere else). 

They (JediInsider) claim he's going to review the figures in the next few days, so if it's true there will be pics soon enough...

Thanks for clearing that up Jeff.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: May 8, 2007, 12:12 PM »
I'm reading reports suggesting this wave being found by scalpers in my area but I think it's BS until I see them myself ::)
« Last Edit: May 8, 2007, 02:22 PM by Darth Slothus »

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: May 14, 2007, 09:28 AM »
So, any other reports of this wave showing up?
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: May 14, 2007, 10:13 AM »
Nah it's a few weeks too early.  Those reports were either an extremely isolated incident or just plain made up.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #232 on: May 14, 2007, 03:16 PM »
No photos ever surfaced so I don't believe them now... 
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: May 14, 2007, 08:04 PM »
Glad to see that this hasn't shown up yet. With all the buying over the last few months, I'm enjoying this little "vacation" from new stuff for a few weeks!
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Blackwolf13

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
    • Omaha Fan Force
« Reply #234 on: May 15, 2007, 12:54 PM »
Has anyone seen Wave 3 show up yet? I finally finished off Wave 2 yesterday and am eager for more acquisitions.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: May 15, 2007, 03:50 PM »
I'm enjoying the break too, Jman... but these'll be here soon enough.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #236 on: May 15, 2007, 08:53 PM »
So far no Wave 3 sightings (of any substance) seem to have come about Blackwolf (welcome aboard JediDefender.com by the way)...  With Wave 2 hardly in the systems, I'm kinda hoping Wave 3 is a ways off.  Hell even Wave 1's disappeared except for 2 figures around my area.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Blackwolf13

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
    • Omaha Fan Force
« Reply #237 on: May 16, 2007, 01:59 AM »
Thanks, JJ. I've been more of a lurker for a while now. Finally decided to contribute.

I didn't think I'd find all the figs I've found so far. Having completed wave 1 & 2, this is the most up to date I've been in a long time. Both waves are getting easier to find around. Boba 'Cept & McStormie seem to be the 2 short packs around here (Omaha). I'm sure a certain comic shop/scalper in our area has something to do with it. I was in there the other day to pick up the new ToyFare and they had all of both waves for $13 each, McStormie- $15 & Boba 'Cept- $20.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #238 on: May 16, 2007, 02:06 AM »
That's a sure bet, or at least they pilferred from one store anyway...  My old comic shop I used to frequent would do that and keep extras behind the counter so it looked like they only had one.  It was their way of keeping the "this is all there is and it's rare" kind of hype going.

used to have a friend that lived in Omaha...  She'd visit some out this way but wound up moving to England and marrying some restaurant owner.  Just a strange aside. :)  Or as the Pittsburgh News would call it, "The Pittsburgh Connection".  Dunno why but we always have to find the one person at a tragedy or event that has some tie to Pittsburgh and point it out.

Offline Blackwolf13

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
    • Omaha Fan Force
« Reply #239 on: May 16, 2007, 02:16 AM »
I think the Pittsburg Connection & Omaha Connection are one in the same. I ran into a few people @ C3 who knew people who'd lived in Omaha at one point or still did.

But yeah, this comic shop is the same as yours it sounds like. I know for a fact they have a few people who go out & buy the stuff, bring it back and them mark it up. Members of our Fan Fore group were asked to participate in Free Comic Book Day last year. They let us use their backroom as a staging area/break room and we witnessed their "ill-gotten goods" on the shelves and guys coming back fom shopping trips and immediately grabbing price gun. Right after the TAC- Wave 1 came out, they had a whole set on the counter. I was really tempted to mangle the cards so they couldn't get (their)full price for them. I resisted since they're the only place in town I can get Real Stands and ToyFare w/o having to wait till it actually hits news stands. I'm sure they'll have the C4 exclusives before the show is even over. They had a Jorg Sacul for $100 2 days after C2 was over.