Author Topic: 30AC Wave 3 - Tatooine  (Read 76968 times)

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Re: 30AC Wave 3 - Tatooine
« Reply #315 on: June 12, 2007, 10:31 AM »
I still have not gotten the wave, but i plan to get an extra Jawa and probably Luke now with the way you are all talking. I could use an extra moisture vaporator.  ;D
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline AndyG

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Imperial Outpost
« Reply #316 on: June 12, 2007, 11:43 AM »
The Luke figure isn't as bad as some online pics have made it look,

Picked up a Moisture Vaporator with Luke accessory today and that was my first thought about the Luke also.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: June 13, 2007, 09:06 AM »
I've been thinking about picking up an extra Luke for the Vaporator. I'll have to wait to actually open one to check it out to make that decision.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: June 13, 2007, 06:51 PM »

Picked up a Moisture Vaporator with Luke accessory today and that was my first thought about the Luke also.

This seems to be the way I look at this piece.  We get a cool mooisture vaporator with this lame Luke. ;D
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: June 13, 2007, 07:22 PM »
   I hate to derail your wonderful Moisture Vaporator conversation, but I have a question for those of you who have opened your Biggs Darklighter figure(s): have any of you had paint issues on Biggs' jacket and sleeves? Both of my Biggs figures had a noticeable shade of blue on the back of the jacket and the arms. I'm thinking that someone at the Hasbro factory dyed the cape for the figure and packaged it before it was dry, but I picked these two figures up at different stores and they both have the problem. So, if you have this problem and/or know how to fix the problem, please let me know. I'll also try to provide pictures of this later.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #320 on: June 13, 2007, 07:48 PM »
Yes... I've had the same issue. But mine appeared to have blue from the shirt that made its way onto the shoulders and the breast of the jacket. It almost appears that it was handled too soon before the blue paint had a chance to fully cure.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: June 14, 2007, 09:11 AM »
Finally opened up this wave last night. Nice wave.

Vader: I opened this just for the accessory. :( Great Vader to repack though. I used to pride myself to know which Vader re-pack was which, but he's been re-packed so often that I simply lost count/interest.

Biggs: Only complaint are the legs. Not so much the lack of articulation, but the widish stance.

Moisture Vaporator: At this point it accessory of the year, but I have a feeling the upcoming Torture rack is going to give it a run or it's money. The Luke is okay.

Jawa/Droid: Digging this set. Picking up and extra for fun.

Stormtrooper: Like this more than most people. To keep the helmet sitting properly, I either turn the head around or stuff some TP in the helmet.

Chewie: Now that's a lotta plastic. Another great McQuarrie figure.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: June 14, 2007, 12:34 PM »
Had the same problem with my Biggs, blue paint aroung the left pocket, right shoulder, and on the back.  Tried paint remover but it didn't seem to remove anything, I'm afraid to use goof off as I almost melted a Cody with that stuff before.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: June 15, 2007, 09:15 AM »
Could the blue paint be residue from the cape? That's what mine looks like.

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: June 15, 2007, 11:09 AM »
Had the same problem with my Biggs, blue paint aroung the left pocket, right shoulder, and on the back.  Tried paint remover but it didn't seem to remove anything, I'm afraid to use goof off as I almost melted a Cody with that stuff before.

Mine had the same thing, only it was more of a distinctive "fingerprint" on the arm.

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: June 15, 2007, 11:16 AM »
Could the blue paint be residue from the cape? That's what mine looks like.

That's what I am thinking, Darth Anton. The area on my two Biggs figures that have the problem are places that the cape covers. I would agree with jedijaybird, but I doubt that blue paint from the shirt would get on my figure's back side and not his front side.

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: June 15, 2007, 12:53 PM »
It does kind of look like a fingerprint, time to send it to the crime lab  :P and figure out who did this.  I don't know though it looks kinda blue so I'm not sure it's from the cape, but anything's possible.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #327 on: June 15, 2007, 02:50 PM »
I don't believe that the shirt has paint to be transferred...  It's cast plastic, with the neck post painted I believe.  The odd blue marks are tough to tell what htey could be then.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #328 on: June 15, 2007, 03:03 PM »
I don't believe that the shirt has paint to be transferred...  It's cast plastic, with the neck post painted I believe.  The odd blue marks are tough to tell what htey could be then.

Yep, your right and I've been soaking the cape in hot water to see if it is bleeding, and it isn't. So it's not from either of them.

Must be a grubby handed factory worker.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #329 on: June 15, 2007, 08:54 PM »
I'd guess it's a byproduct of the heat of the plastic sort of transferring some of the pigment from the darker color to the lighter color.  That's my best explanation.  I think what people have thought were fingerprints are actually the texturing sculpted into the figure's jacket highlighted by the different color...  Though I'm not sure how the pigment in the plastic could possibly react/rub-off onto the fingers of a factory worker.  It might be possible but in all my experiences with plastics I've never heard of that really happening.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77