Author Topic: Series 6  (Read 150607 times)

Offline Ire

• Youngling
    • View Profile
Re: Attack of the Kubricks!
« Reply #735 on: July 11, 2006, 07:15 PM »
Actually the shop keeper was a bit clueless as to what the chases were this series and also tried to tell me there is a chase inside the R4-M9 box  ::) 

For those of you wondering I got my 'bricks today at "Ages 3 and Up" in Metrotown Burnaby, Canada

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: July 11, 2006, 07:20 PM »
Congrats on the grab Ire.  8)  "Ages 3 and Up", oy!  ;D

I see the seller that used my picture changed it, lukers abound!  :-\

On a good note, I won an Imperial Officer (Veers) off the bay for $94.00. Shipped is $103.00, not to shabby I must say.  ;D

So for series 6, I am now done.  8)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: July 11, 2006, 07:26 PM »
Actually the shop keeper was a bit clueless as to what the chases were this series and also tried to tell me there is a chase inside the R4-M9 box  ::) 

For those of you wondering I got my 'bricks today at "Ages 3 and Up" in Metrotown Burnaby, Canada

Is that Spencer's shop?  Nice pull, regardless.

Nicely done Dale, I still have to acquire the officer, just not motivated yet :-X
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Ire

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: July 11, 2006, 07:44 PM »

Is that Spencer's shop?  Nice pull, regardless.

Nicely done Dale, I still have to acquire the officer, just not motivated yet :-X

Yes that is Spencer's shop.  I don't think it was him on duty tho,  it was a younger guy.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #739 on: July 11, 2006, 09:59 PM »
Ooooh... Guess what the mailman dropped off today!  Not one, but two packages full of Kubrick Goodness!

First up, a finish to Series 6 - my General Veers joins the rest of the gang:

clicky for a bigger picture

And second, another addition to the carded Kubricks Collection!

Off to send an e-mail to Oscar to buy an acrylic case for him!   ;)
« Last Edit: July 11, 2006, 10:06 PM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #740 on: July 11, 2006, 10:17 PM »
All i need is a Veers and i will be done with this series. I have been thinking it may be time to get a carded Sandtrooper since i dished the money out for Sacul. I figure i no longer have standards.  :o ;D
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: July 11, 2006, 10:25 PM »
Nice stuff Jeff.  :)

Carded Kuby's rock!  ;D

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #742 on: July 11, 2006, 10:37 PM »
Popped open my Master and opened the sweet spot figure....Tarkin!

So, all I need is Veers and I'll be done, thanks Jeff :-*

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: July 11, 2006, 10:40 PM »
Great stuff Scott.  8)

Hope everyone completes their sets.  :)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: July 11, 2006, 11:10 PM »

What's the card for? ???
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Padawan

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: July 11, 2006, 11:54 PM »
Man, congrat's to everyone and their new Kubrick goodness.  I remember when it was just a few of us here discussing this line.  This series has really blown up, and deservedly so.  Medicom has always gone above & beyond when it comes to the Star Wars Kubrick line.

What I currently lack from a complete set is both series 1 chase Fett's, the carded Darth Vader, the carded Fett, the Be@rbrick Wicket's (I'm with Morgbug they dont count  ;)), and all of the 400% Kubrick's.

I think I am staying away from the chase Fett's and the carded Fett & Vader, but I do hope to pick up at the 400% Kubrick's.     

Also, if by chance anyone has a Tarkin, and doesn't want $150.00 for it, please pm me. 

Offline nitro

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: July 12, 2006, 12:12 AM »
Congrats everybody on your pick-ups!!! :)

While everybody is completing their sets, I received an e-mail from BBTS that my order has arrived and is being processed for delivery. I'm crossing my fingers for my first ever chase figure...I've been collecting all kinds of Kubricks over the year sand got back into Star Wars a few months back by completing SW Kubrick regular sets of 3,4, & 5.

I can't wait until the box comes in though. It looks like a great set from the pictures that some of you have posted. I'll probably pick up an extra Rebel Fleet Trooper at my Newbury Comics when they come in on July 19th. It's too bad I got into collecting Star Wars Kubricks late in the game. I never really checked prices to buy a boxes of these and I have always stayed far away from ebay (I don't even have an account) due to horror stories from a couple of my buddies (especially the paypal scams).

The local place around here is very expensive for a single Star Wars Kubrick. Could you imagine buying a set of 6 for $17.99 per figure?!? In my case, buying a box of 12 is a little better than buying from that place...Everything else they sell (Kubrick/Bearbrick-wise) is very reasonable and I even wound up with some good deals on other Kubricks that I collect. The mark-up on all their Star Wars stuff made me think twice this time around...If the experience is good, then I can't wait for series 7. I'll keep you guys posted how I did on the box of 12. keep your fingers crossed for me...

Offline R5Don4

• Jedi Initiate
  • just ignore this *******
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: July 12, 2006, 01:50 AM »
whoohoo!  I just pulled a Veers... from my friendly neighborhood collectible store!!!

Went for a kubrick run at lunch today.  I didn't get a box of 12 because in this series i was only interested in the TIE pilot and X-wing luke, but when I got to the store they had a brand new box of 12 that hasn't been touched.  Thanks to all of you who posted the locations of the chases and regular figures, led me right to the death star trooper with the Veers inside.  I love this community~!

Pics to come tonight when I get off work.

You lucky SOB!  Unbelievable! Congratulations.

Offline Ire

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: July 12, 2006, 03:11 AM »
Curious, has there been any word from official sources (ie Medicom)  that the Death Star Commander chase kubrick is really General Veers? 

Anyways here's the 'Veers' that I scored today (crappy phone pic but it'll do!!)

Also, is the tie pilot's helmet glued onto the head? or somehow glued to the chest piece?  Do you guys just force it off?

Offline Sithbaker

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Krackbrick Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: July 12, 2006, 05:43 AM »
Man, congrat's to everyone and their new Kubrick goodness.  I remember when it was just a few of us here discussing this line.  This series has really blown up, and deservedly so.  Medicom has always gone above & beyond when it comes to the Star Wars Kubrick line.

What I currently lack from a complete set is both series 1 chase Fett's, the carded Darth Vader, the carded Fett, the Be@rbrick Wicket's (I'm with Morgbug they dont count  ;)), and all of the 400% Kubrick's.

I think I am staying away from the chase Fett's and the carded Fett & Vader, but I do hope to pick up at the 400% Kubrick's.     

Also, if by chance anyone has a Tarkin, and doesn't want $150.00 for it, please pm me. 

It is good to see so many people enjoying kubs!
I am missing all the carded figs except for droids Fett. Just too darn much $$.
Maybe an R2 and Sacul someday...
My Tarkin is gone (going out today actually), sorry! (not for 150 either!).
With the $$ from Tarkin, in comes an Imperial Officer, heh

Robby just emailed about series 7, woo hoo!
Adam