Author Topic: Series 3  (Read 131919 times)

Offline Padawan

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: Power of the Kubricks!
« Reply #75 on: July 7, 2004, 10:35 AM »
Are the Oscar cases different for Luke than for R2?  I did not know this :-\

The R2 & the Sandtrooper are identical in bubble size, a good 3/8" more in depth than Luke.  Luke only has about 1/8" to spare in depth when inside the case.   Hope this helps.   :)

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #76 on: July 7, 2004, 02:53 PM »
So if you need a case for a Luke let me know.  As soon as I get the replacements in hand I will hook anyone up with the Luke cases for the cost of shipping only.

Sent you a PM a little while ago Jon.  I'd be happy to relieve you of one of those, if you still have extras.

Nice score on the Sandie.  Did you really nab that for just a Droids R2?  If so, excellent deal man!

BTW, if you've got any details (like error messages) on why you can't get onto JD, let us know and we'll see if we can get it fixed for you.  Can you access the site, or forums, at all?  Is it just a matter of not being able to login to your forum account here to be able to post?  Might have a couple ideas if that's the case.  We were down for a little while this morning, but that's about it.  Hopefully we can fix your problem though, so we can keep hangin' with you here in ye olde Kubrickville!   8)
« Last Edit: July 7, 2004, 02:56 PM by JediMAC »

Offline Hes No Good to Me Dead

• Jedi Padawan
  • That's it baby, when you got it, flaunt it.
    • View Profile
    • Now With Kung-Fu Grip
« Reply #77 on: July 7, 2004, 10:19 PM »
I think Jon got a steal for a R2 for a Sandy then :D

Sooo...I wonder if the Box Set will be sold through etailers like HLJ or are we back to begging SImon ;)

If it is a TRU exclusive then it probably won't available through HLJ. If that is the case, fortunately there is a TRU so I should be able to just go and pick them up. For those of you who I sent Speeder Sets to, it'll be the same deal as last time. PM me at Jedi Defender and I'll start putting together a list.

Offline Padawan

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 8, 2004, 09:41 AM »
So if you need a case for a Luke let me know.  As soon as I get the replacements in hand I will hook anyone up with the Luke cases for the cost of shipping only.

Sent you a PM a little while ago Jon.  I'd be happy to relieve you of one of those, if you still have extras.

Nice score on the Sandie.  Did you really nab that for just a Droids R2?  If so, excellent deal man!

BTW, if you've got any details (like error messages) on why you can't get onto JD, let us know and we'll see if we can get it fixed for you.  Can you access the site, or forums, at all?  Is it just a matter of not being able to login to your forum account here to be able to post?  Might have a couple ideas if that's the case.  We were down for a little while this morning, but that's about it.  Hopefully we can fix your problem though, so we can keep hangin' with you here in ye olde Kubrickville!   8)

Yep the deal was a carded Sandie for a carded Droids R2.  I'm pretty sure that Kozik got them for free, so that is why he was willing to make some really good trades on them.  As for what has been going on with me and the site I don't know what the problem has been.  I'll type in the address and I will just wait and wait and it never comes up.  The problem seems to be fixed now, so no biggie.  I actually thought the site was down until I did a google search and saw from the results that the site was still being updated daily, so I knew it wasn't down then.  Also you are the first to ask for a case, so if you need one or both of them we can complete the deal as soon as I get the new cases.  It might be a week or two, but shouldn't be too long.   :)

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • Now With Kung-Fu Grip
« Reply #79 on: July 10, 2004, 11:21 PM »
It'd be nice if Series 3 will be like this.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #80 on: July 10, 2004, 11:27 PM »
I don't know if I mentioned that here or not (I know I did at Kubrickworld)...but I noticed all recent non-Blind (smurfs, Batman, the Kinnikuman) Kubricks have been carded like that.  I'm guessing they may be....in fact I may put money on it ;D

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
  • It comes in pints?! I'm getting one.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 10, 2004, 11:37 PM »
Are those pegholes at the tops of the cards? If so, why are they off center?

So do carded Kubricks not have chase figures then?

I wouldnt mind seeing this happen, but it'd suck to not have the first two series carded...
"Of all the things to worry about, the wookiee has no pants..."

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #82 on: July 10, 2004, 11:59 PM »
There would still be chase figures...they wouldn't be packed in every case.  It would make getting them easier  I don't know if they would do that or not.  The Muppets were packed blind* and were in boxes.  It would be more like Marvel Legends or Twilight Frodo are that they are only in 1 out of every 4 to 8 cases

* Blind meaning on the outside of the box there is just a Generic picture (Disney Kubricks are all like this) and so its like Sports Cards when buying a box

Non-Blind is like Star Wars where on the outside of the box is the character inside and so you know who your getting inside except for chases and variants

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • Now With Kung-Fu Grip
« Reply #83 on: July 11, 2004, 12:09 AM »
So do carded Kubricks not have chase figures then?

Apparently, the bottom 2 are chase figures in this Series.

Any idea how they were shipped to the retailers, Scott? I mean were the "Master Cartons" packed in lots of 48? 24? 12?

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #84 on: July 11, 2004, 12:13 AM »
Not really, you may want to check some of the early auctions, I believe they had case assortments  I think they were 1:24 though.  I don't think either was 1:48

Offline Padawan

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 11, 2004, 04:32 AM »
The Star Wars series will remain in cases of 12 and master cases of 48.  Reason being is the carded Kubrick's come in cases of 40 and master cases of 120 pieces.  They would never do that to the Star Wars series, and I am glad.  I like a few carded Kubrick's, but it is getting out of hand.  I much prefer opening blind boxes out of a case.  For those interested here is the case assortment per 40 pieces of Batman Animated:

Animated Batman X 9
Batgirl X 6
Harley Quinn X 5
Mr. Freeze X 5
Manbat X 5
Killer Croc X 5
Blight X 3
Terry McGinnis X 2

« Last Edit: July 11, 2004, 04:40 AM by Padawan »

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #86 on: July 11, 2004, 03:48 PM »
I'm praying they don't go completely carded.  That'd be the death of me, since I'd then have to collect both carded and loose (as I still plan to with the Droids R2 and carded Sandie).  Please keep 'em in the boxes.  Plus, I'm all for consistency in the packaging, so I don't want to see them switching things up now...   :-\

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
  • It comes in pints?! I'm getting one.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 11, 2004, 03:55 PM »
I'm with Matt here, if anything bugs me more, it's inconsistency in the design of a line. To suddenly go to carded would suck, unless they offered carding kits for all the other loose figures lol

Good ol OCD at its best! :)
"Of all the things to worry about, the wookiee has no pants..."

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #88 on: July 11, 2004, 05:08 PM »

Offline Padawan

• Jedi Initiate