Author Topic: Series 3  (Read 131335 times)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Re: Series 3
« Reply #1410 on: January 30, 2008, 12:50 AM »
This is retarded.  I'd make a freaking ton if I sold all this crap right now and I could just trash the commons. 

Logray $232
Jawa   $328
Snowbox $$370
Tarkin/Veers $200

This is insanity.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline AndyG

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Imperial Outpost
« Reply #1411 on: January 30, 2008, 06:33 AM »
Logray $232
Jawa   $328
Snowbox $$370
Tarkin/Veers $200

This is insanity.

In the UK the Logray normally goes in the £55-£75 ($110-$150) the Jawa slightly more maybe up to £85 ($170) due to the nod to vintage with the vinyl cape.

Tarkin / Veers in the £40-£55 (£80-$110) range.

Only seen one 2007 box set for sale over here it went for £130 ($260) however I decided to buy that sellers chase figures and pass on the box set.

Offline skyward72

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1412 on: January 30, 2008, 08:46 AM »
I'd be surprised if those prices become the norm.

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1413 on: January 30, 2008, 08:49 AM »
The Tarkin/Veers was an anomoly I think.  Tarkin went for $89 and Veers $200.  Two bidders went back and forth all week on Veers though in a quest to be the highest bidder apparently.

Logray and Vinyl Jawa - I haven't even dreamed of trying to get them.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1414 on: January 30, 2008, 09:32 AM »
I paid about $60 for my vinyl Jawa I think. 

As for Logray, I wouldn't touch it unless I knew the seller.  Way, way too many fakes out there floating around, which might account for the lower UK prices.  I only bought one because I knew the seller. 

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #1415 on: February 22, 2008, 04:02 PM »
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1416 on: February 22, 2008, 04:07 PM »
Looks like a gumball machine toy.  I'm so happy that I never got into these things.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline skyward72

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1417 on: February 22, 2008, 04:39 PM »
I saw that one, crazy.  I'm just not that excited about the chase figures for Series 3.  There is a Logray on Ebay as well from appleheadbb.  Do you guys think this one is the real deal?  Since I have been looking he has offered quite a few. 

The only other chase that I am really looking for at this point is Veers. 

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1418 on: February 22, 2008, 04:49 PM »
There is a Logray on Ebay as well from appleheadbb.  Do you guys think this one is the real deal?  Since I have been looking he has offered quite a few. 

I have no idea if that guys stuff is real or not.  I think the probability of him having multiple legitimate Logray figures is very low.  Is he dumping tons of other series 3 stuff for really cheap?  If not, how did he 'luck' into that many of a very hard to find figure.  You're looking at one per case of 96 figures, right? 

About the only seller I don't know personally that I would buy one from would be Honorius.  Not because I trust him; only because he seems to have some magical line on stuff over there.  Not sure how he does it, but consistently he does.   

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1419 on: February 22, 2008, 09:04 PM »
I've bought several of the boxed set figures from him loose as well as a Shadow Stormtrooper.   I'm happy with them as display pieces however, I'm not convinced that they are 100% legit.  All the boxed piece ones come without a weapon and some of mine have a few "blemishes".  I wonder if they are factory reject types. 

However, as I said, for a display piece, I don't have any issues with them.

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #1420 on: February 23, 2008, 11:04 AM »
I've bought 2 snowtroopers from him, and comparing them to mine from the box and the one I got from Doc (also from the box) I can find absolutely zero differences. They sure appear legit, even though it is odd he keeps getting these things loose somehow.
I picked up the logray from another collector as well, I was afraid to just get it from anybody, and never felt like paying those prices anyhow. I will live without the vinyl cape jawa, right now that is the only one I am missing anyhow.

Offline SaaiBork

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #1421 on: February 23, 2008, 02:38 PM »
Quote from: Dan
I've bought 2 snowtroopers from him, and comparing them to mine from the box and the one I got from Doc (also from the box) I can find absolutely zero differences.
The snowtrooper that I got from him was also identical to the one from the box. No flaws and certainly not a fake. However, the Jorg Sacul and B-Wing pilot that I bought from him had slightly limp legs.

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #1422 on: February 23, 2008, 07:12 PM »
Quote from: Dan
I've bought 2 snowtroopers from him, and comparing them to mine from the box and the one I got from Doc (also from the box) I can find absolutely zero differences.
The snowtrooper that I got from him was also identical to the one from the box. No flaws and certainly not a fake. However, the Jorg Sacul and B-Wing pilot that I bought from him had slightly limp legs.

Now that you mention it, my loose Sacul is from him as well, with serious loose legs-

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #1423 on: May 25, 2008, 04:32 PM »

Offline skyward72

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1424 on: May 25, 2008, 05:53 PM »
Someone was going to buy it at some point.  If the Jawa goes that will be crazy.