Author Topic: Series 3  (Read 131352 times)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Power of the Kubricks!
« Reply #105 on: July 14, 2004, 10:08 AM »
No news of chases or variants.  Medicom likes to surprise people with them so we won't know until they are released what they actually are

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 14, 2004, 10:15 AM »
Here's a linky from Canada Post that explains the customs crap up here:

Customs Requirements

Another one with the above mention but also with Broker Fees!  >:(

Canadian Taxes and Customs Brokers Fees

I only get hit with the $5. processing fee for a stupid piece of paper & the 7% GST tax. Brent on the other hand... :-\  

Items sent to us that are declared more than $20 Canadian get taxed, no more than $14. US.  

It sucks!  :'(

Nice to see you back Matt B.  8)

Offline Matt Brand

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Lunaroma Aromatherapy & Natural Body Care
« Reply #107 on: July 14, 2004, 10:27 AM »
Thanks for the info.  Good to see you too Dale.  :)

Matt
be_sharp@hotmail.com

Lunaroma Aromatherapy - www.lunaroma.com

Offline Matt Brand

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 14, 2004, 10:34 AM »
Anyone have information on when the TRU boxed sets are going to hit?  What are the chances that I'll get one out here in Vermont?

Matt
be_sharp@hotmail.com

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #109 on: July 14, 2004, 10:36 AM »
Well, its a Japanese TRU exclusive so the chances of a set showing up a TRU in Vermont are too high.  

However, if you ask Simon (He's No Good to Me Dead) he may be able to pick you one up.  I think he's taking names still and if not I apologize.

Offline Matt Brand

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 14, 2004, 10:59 AM »
Well, its a Japanese TRU exclusive so the chances of a set showing up a TRU in Vermont are too high.  

However, if you ask Simon (He's No Good to Me Dead) he may be able to pick you one up.  I think he's taking names still and if not I apologize.

Thanks man.  Simon - you've got mail.

Matt
be_sharp@hotmail.com

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #111 on: July 15, 2004, 01:53 PM »
Hey guys.  I haven't been here in a long time, but news of series 3 drew me back.  I am excited for series 3.  I scanned the last few pages, and can't find info on the chase figures.  Are they known yet?

Welcome back, stranger!   ;)  Not sure if Dale already PM'd you up to speed on things, but you can check out my official unofficial Kubrick checklist right here (no Greg(g) checklist jokes please!).  We started this new thread when Jon hooked us up with the first pix of Series 3 and the boxset, so most of the important news is back on page one, or the end of the prior thread (which is linked in the first post in this thread).  That confusing enough for ya' Matt?!   :P

And don't listen to OCB at all - he's been hitting the pipe again lately.  The chances of the TRU boxset hitting Vermont are not "too high" at all, but rather very, very, very slim.   ;)

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
  • It comes in pints?! I'm getting one.
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 15, 2004, 02:18 PM »
I went ahead and cancelled my order for the master case. Depending on whether or not I can come up with the cash, I may go in on the group deal for master cases
"Of all the things to worry about, the wookiee has no pants..."

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 15, 2004, 11:23 PM »
I find it weird that of all of the different packages I get from Canuckia and Asia that I have never ever even been asked one thing about Customs.  I wonder if the US even charges for that sort of thing

Bluntly put, the US doesn't bother trying to derive tax dollars from things as trivial as toys.  Actually, it doesn't bother with much in terms of tax, but there are exceptions and those usually are not in accordance with US environmental law.  We still have easy access to full flush (not low volume flush) toilets and those are a big no-no in the US.  Weird, eh?  

FWIW, I pay 7% more than Dale does.  Customs is just a fancy way of saying paying tax.  Because Dale is in Alberta, he pays 7% Goods and Services Tax - GST (federal tax).  I pay that, plus our provincial sales tax - PST = 7%.  We both pay the handling fee = $5 regardless of whether they open and actually inspect the box or not.  Sadly, it can be worse, folks out east pay a harmonized sales tax = 15% :o.  

I've been nailed on every box HLJ has sent to me.  I lucked out entirely with BBTS, they wrote the value ($125) so small, I think the customs folks mistook it for $12.50 :D  Lucky sometimes.

Hi Matt, I recognize the name, the I don't think we've met.  Yippee, another Matt.  That will help things around here :-*
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #114 on: July 15, 2004, 11:36 PM »
Nice to make your acquantaince as well, Morgbug.  I've seen your name here and there too, and have "heard a few things".  Anyway, thanks for introducing yourself.  How 'bout a pic to put with the name, now that we're good pals?

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 15, 2004, 11:48 PM »
Nice to make your acquantaince as well, Morgbug.  I've seen your name here and there too, and have "heard a few things".  Anyway, thanks for introducing yourself.  How 'bout a pic to put with the name, now that we're good pals?

:-*
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 18, 2004, 03:55 PM »
Dang good price for this carded Boba Fett. Auction ended with no bids!  ???

Star Wars Carded BOBA FETT KUBRICK

Offline Hes No Good to Me Dead

• Jedi Padawan
  • That's it baby, when you got it, flaunt it.
    • View Profile
    • Now With Kung-Fu Grip
« Reply #117 on: July 18, 2004, 09:20 PM »
Yeah I was surprised at that one too Dale.  The last one he sold was $385 I think.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #118 on: July 19, 2004, 10:53 AM »
Not a bad price, but his auctions probably suffer alot because of the high starting price. If they started low they would probbaly sell for higher.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Hes No Good to Me Dead

• Jedi Padawan
  • That's it baby, when you got it, flaunt it.
    • View Profile
    • Now With Kung-Fu Grip
« Reply #119 on: July 19, 2004, 09:40 PM »
I don't think he wants the risk. $299 is already under what he originally paid for it.  I remember when he sold one for $600 last year, so he might be still living that dream. I bet he still has 2 or 3 more of these and must be a little worried about his investments. Maybe he'll drop it to $250 next round.