Author Topic: Series 2  (Read 145255 times)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #1305 on: June 7, 2004, 09:28 PM »
$1,300 BIN for that near complete set.  I trust your keen Kubrick eyes will be able to figure out the one piece that's missing from it though...   ;)  I'd say the $1,300 is just a shade high, but not too much though.  Maybe just a hundred or two above current market values, which ain't too bad, especially when getting everything all together, nice and convenient, like this.  It'll be fun to see where the auction ends up...

Wow.  Someone finally BIN'ed it for the full $1,300!   :o

A near complete Kubrick collection in the blink of an eye...  

- Matt

It's up for auction again! This is the last lot we have, so don´t think twice !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  2 sets!  :o

Star Wars Kubrick Giant MEGA-lot . HOT !!!!!!!!!!!

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Series 2
« Reply #1306 on: June 8, 2004, 12:06 AM »
Holy crap.  I'd be pretty damned surprised if he gets another $1,300 for it, considering the second highest bidder on the last one was at only $667.

And I guess technically (in some people's eyes), his set is complete after all.  I was noting that he was missing a loose Vintage styled Boba Fett Chase figure.  But since he's got the carded one, I guess that kinda counts...  Forgot about that.   :P

Kinda goes along the line with the fact that I still think I need to get a loose Droids R2 as well.    :-[

Offline Hemish

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Blah
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #1307 on: June 8, 2004, 12:55 AM »
Surely you jest $1300!!!!!!
What have i gotten into!!!!
The problem with America is stupidity I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Series 2
« Reply #1308 on: June 8, 2004, 01:03 AM »
Just stick with us Hemish, and we'll find ya' some good deals!  How "completist" are you?  You gonna need all the carded and super HTF Chase figures too?  Or just the basic figures?

Unfortunately, you've gotten yourself off to a rather precarious start with that eclectic lot of Kubricks you bought.  They usually sell these things by Series/wave, but you managed to mix a little of each series together there.  So now you're gonna have to do it the hard way, and get the rest individually most likely...   :-\

But we'll do what we can to point out some good deals to you.  You should know off the bat that the Early Bird set with the only Luke, Leia, Chewy and R2, always sells as a set, and never below $125.   :'(  So best to get you goin' on the rest of the Bounty Hunters and Series 2 (ANH).

But once you've gone Kubrick, you can never go back...   8)

Offline Hemish

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Blah
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #1309 on: June 8, 2004, 01:20 AM »
LOL
Once you've gon Kubrick you never go back!!
The guy that i got the series one stuff from is selling me the last two from it so i'll  have bossk and ig88 soon ,
I did consider myself a completist when i started collecting but i don't see myself like that now, simple rule if i don't like it don't buy it.
I mean there is no sense in buying something you don't like just because it has starwars on it!!
I think i'll be staying with the standard stuff, i know that if i buy carded stuff i'll open it anyway so i think once i get the last of series 1 and get series 2 i'll stop and see what comes about.
Thanks for the welcome guys seems like you all have a good network going here.
The problem with America is stupidity I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself

Offline Padawan

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #1310 on: June 8, 2004, 02:31 PM »
I've still got plenty of Hong Kong Cantina Band Member's with standing instrument sealed in bag and complete with box.  If you need one of those Hemish I can hook you up.  Also if any other members were planning to build a full band I would sell them in multiples for a very nice price.   :)

Offline wai

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #1311 on: June 8, 2004, 02:57 PM »
Hong Kong Cantina Band Member?Never heard before?Can you post a pic?
www.starwars-force.com~~"The only Chinese starwars web site"

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Series 2
« Reply #1312 on: June 8, 2004, 03:03 PM »
Two Band Member were released with different sets of instruments...supposedly in Hong Kong and in Japan and were exclusive to those two markets.  THat's what we've been told at least

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #1313 on: June 8, 2004, 09:48 PM »
This one is the Japanese release. I pulled this one from the boxes I got from HLJ.

Cantina Band Member w/stand.

This is the Hong Kong release. This came from BBTS.

Cantina Band Member w/flat instrument.

This is my understanding of the release from the 2 countries.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #1314 on: June 8, 2004, 10:35 PM »
D'oh!  And Crap!

Are you saying the Cantina band members from HLJ and from BBTS are different?  ****, I never even looked at the one I got from BBTS with my set.  I know I said somewhere back in the thread I wouldn't chase this second instrument, but hell, if I have it in hand ::)  

Dang, now I have to go check.  
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #1315 on: June 8, 2004, 10:44 PM »
D'oh!  And Crap!

Are you saying the Cantina band members from HLJ and from BBTS are different?  ****, I never even looked at the one I got from BBTS with my set.  I know I said somewhere back in the thread I wouldn't chase this second instrument, but hell, if I have it in hand ::)  

Ahh yes. My old post:

I'm tapped out of the Cantina Band members. There are some online at ningyoushi.com for $10. each.

Cantina Band Member With Stand

Brian's Toys has them for $9.99. Sealed box so unsure which one it is.

Cantina Band Member

BBTS has them but its the one with the flat instrument for $7.99.

Cantina Band Member

Cloudcity.com I think has them but I can't get in there site right now. :-\

Hopefully someone here has some to trade. Best that I can do thus far.  :-\

BBTS still have the Cantina Band member w/flat instrument for $7.99. I still have the some loose ones with stand kicking around here.

Offline Hemish

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Blah
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #1316 on: June 8, 2004, 10:51 PM »
D'oh!  And Crap!

See what happens when these evil little things start to take over!!!!

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #1317 on: June 8, 2004, 11:06 PM »
Quite so.  I'm relatively fortunate though, I've been 'in' almost from the start.  I'm missing the carded Luke (probably will get), carded Fett (highly doubtful) and two loose chase Fetts (probably).  Otherwise I'm up to speed, even with Indy.  
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Series 2
« Reply #1318 on: June 9, 2004, 04:49 AM »
I seem to recall the two CHASE Fetts having a similar situation with their availability - one was exclusively from Japan, and one from Hong Kong.  Is that correct, and if so, can you refresh my memory as to which one was from where?

Sounds like my carded R2 showed up at my office today.  Unfortunately, I was playing hooky, so I wasn't there to get it.  Today though...   8)

Sucker better be MOMC!

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #1319 on: June 9, 2004, 05:24 AM »
I seem to recall the two CHASE Fetts having a similar situation with their availability - one was exclusively from Japan, and one from Hong Kong.  Is that correct, and if so, can you refresh my memory as to which one was from where?

Ya have to look it up for yourself!