Author Topic: Series 2  (Read 145230 times)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Series 2
« Reply #1485 on: June 19, 2004, 03:20 PM »

This was the largest Droids Fett pic I could find...looks fairly close to the Figure Card

Offline wai

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #1486 on: June 19, 2004, 03:21 PM »
Here is a good & bad news :P

Good news is Kubrick will be continued until Ep3 is over :o

Bad news is there will be more "impossble to find" chase kubricks added like Indy >:( The ratio maybe like 1:96 or 1: 192 :o
www.starwars-force.com~~"The only Chinese starwars web site"

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Series 2
« Reply #1487 on: June 19, 2004, 03:23 PM »
oh yeah, the chases won't go away and the really scary thing is that Medicom is not afraid to make characters like Darth Vader or Yoda be the chase pieces...

I've been giving serious thought to ordering a master case of 4 cases
« Last Edit: June 19, 2004, 03:25 PM by OCB »

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #1488 on: June 19, 2004, 03:56 PM »
Good pictures of the Holiday Fett. He wears Wookie Scalps! Have a looky at the links, awesome pic's!  8)

Holiday Special Cartoon

Boba Fett Fan Club

Masters of the Force

Star Wars Droids Cartoon: The Adventures of R2 & 3P0!

Holiday Fett.

Droids Fett.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Series 2
« Reply #1489 on: June 19, 2004, 05:57 PM »
C-3PO is taller than the rest, 'cause Medicom really wanted to give the proper attention to his head detail, and apparently they couldn't do that in a smaller (regular) scale.  If you look at his actual body though, it seems to line up with the rest of the standard figures at the shoulder.  So it's just the head that got out of whack, which is what's making him look kinda "stubby".  What a love about the silver leg on him as well, is that it's not a drasticly contrasting silver like what Hasbro's done (on the HOF version).  Medicom's is a much more accurate "blended" silver and gold, so it's not so noticable.  Very nice touch, and detailed accuracy.  Love it!

...Tie Fighter Pilot awesome...

Still hung up on that Tie Fighter Pilot, eh D?  After seeing the pix, I'm fairly convinced that it's actually an AT-AT Driver now.   :P

Wicket, well ahh... very thin on the bottom & looks like hes on Roids! Jawa, OK I guess, I would have preferred a material cloak with him.

I thought the same thing about that Wickett.  Just his proportions I guess.  As for the cloth cloak, I don't think Medicom makes cloth stuff for the Kubricks, do they?  I might be wrong though...

I wonder why they went with the yellow color instead of the green for the chest plate & knee pads?  

I'm guessing 'cause he's got a yellow chestplate and kneepads in the Droids cartoon.  I may be wrong (again) though...  I hate it when these companies choose accuracy over... well, over non-accuracy.   :-*

I just took a good look at it on my PhotoImpact program. It looks like it says the same thing as the Droids R2. (From the DROIDS TV series). Hard to tell but I think its a match.

That's definitely what it says.  Plus, your further proof that it's a "Droids" Fett is the SPOT ON match to the original vintage Droids Fett card.  He just happens to look the same as the Holiday Special as well, but let's not consider that please, 'cause, well, we all know what we think about that atrocity that was the Holiday Special!   ::)  OK?  So "Droids" Fett it is.   :)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #1490 on: June 19, 2004, 07:54 PM »
Doeth! Yeah, AT-AT Driver.  :-[

Nope, they don't make cloth clothing, just that colored paper that I have on the Early Bird Leia. I'm sure its the same for the Luke & Leia Endor, Mines not open & never will be.  :P

Still no reply from Andy. I emailed GBU on & mentioned that this Friday the 25th is Negative Feedback day (12:00pm MST). He also mentioned that he was going to take it up with PayPal if Andy did not reply to him by then, Oh-oh! (see below) If his $$$ are not refunded or the 2 R2's are not there by weeks end, game over man!  

So it looks like its going to be 5 Negatives going out on Friday.   ;D

Buyer Complaint Form
PayPal works hard to make transactions made within our community safe.

If you have been unable to resolve a dispute with a seller, you may file a claim that will be reviewed by a PayPal investigating agent. Before you file a claim:

1: Check the Help Center. Often times you can get quick answers to your questions. In fact, you may find filing a claim is not necessary

2: Make sure PayPal was used to pay for the item(s) in dispute

3: Check the date! All claims must be filed within 30 days of the transaction or the claim will be denied

4: Be ready to provide agents as much relevant information regarding your claim as possible. Buyers who don't respond when asked will have their claims cancelled. Sellers who don't respond will default the claim which automatically refunds the buyer

5: If it's an eBay purchase, review the listing. The information found there will be used to evaluate the claim.

Number 3 is the one I'm worried about. Brent, try Paypal on your end & see what they say.  :-\

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #1491 on: June 19, 2004, 11:22 PM »
May 29 is the date I paid him.  So right around 3 weeks ago.  I'm good on the one month thing, but I'm guessing I should initiate something here.  Duh.  

I'm filling out the forms right now.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #1492 on: June 19, 2004, 11:35 PM »
And here is what I wrote:

This covers two identical items that were to be shipped at the same time.  Ebay item #s 3177671452 and 3177667134.  The auctions were originally won on February 23, 2004.  According to the seller, the items were not in hand and when arrived, were damaged.  We were not allowed the opportunity to purchase the damaged items.  The situation carried on for months until buyer finally found replacement items and agreed to ship upon payment.  Payment was made by paypal on the date indicated and since that time there has been no contact or response from the buyer to either myself or the other ebay member (xxxxxxxxxxxxxx = D. Justus).  We have emailed numerous times simply requesting the shipping tracking number that was promised, to no avail.  Ebay seller popsalute, formerly Andy_Thong has never given us a shipping notice.  Two other ebay members are having similar difficulty with this person.  
Payment was made after an agreement was reached with the seller to ship both items to the following address:
Dale Justus
xxx xxxxxx xxxxx
xxxxxxxx xxxxxxx
Canada. xxx-xxx
These items have not arrived at all, either at this address or at my address listed with paypal.  This address was also communicated by email to the seller. I have not had a response since the payment was made.  Communication prior to the payment was spotty at best with me and nearly non-existent according to D. Justus.  
We feel we have allowed reasonable timing for shipping from Hong Kong to Canada.  There has been no indication that the seller had any difficulty shipping the items or was delayed, this information has not been communicated.  
He delayed shipping the items long enough to allow opportunity for ebay feedback to go past and now seems to be waiting out the 30 day claim period for paypal.  That time frame expires in less than a week and in the absence of any communication at all, I/we are left with no choice but to file a complaint, lest we potentially be defrauded of money.

Yes, I know we can still leave feedback, but I wish to appear naive and innocent.  

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Series 2
« Reply #1493 on: June 19, 2004, 11:45 PM »
...The situation carried on for months until buyer finally found replacement items and agreed to ship upon payment.  Payment was made by paypal on the date indicated and since that time there has been no contact or response from the buyer to either myself or the other ebay member...

Why do you keep calling Andy the "buyer"?!   ???  He's the seller dodo!  You're gonna confuse the hell out of the Paypal folks over there...   :P

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #1494 on: June 19, 2004, 11:51 PM »
Ah ****, oh well, they'll call me and ask, right?  Seller, buyer, all the same crap.  I had seven letters left.  I almost wrote the word Bastage.  that's what I get for doing things in a hurrry.  They'll parse it out :-[

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #1495 on: June 19, 2004, 11:51 PM »
Great Brent except that Andy is the seller & not the buyer. Re-update it.  ::)   ;D

Then we will just have to wait & see. We may look good as it was paid on May 29th but I fear GBU & Scott maybe SOL!  :-\  It's in PayPals hands now.  :-\

Sure, review my post & Matt beat me to it!  ;D

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #1496 on: June 19, 2004, 11:52 PM »
Typing fast or having beer or both?  ;)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #1497 on: June 19, 2004, 11:55 PM »
Beer and excessively tired (garage sale today :o)  coupled with a bit of panic.  I have no desire to be out $220+ on this.  Crap, that's my blue snag and Yakface right there (yeah, your $100 too).  

It'll get resolved at least for us, I hope.  I hope it does for Scott and G_B_U as well.  

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #1498 on: June 20, 2004, 12:03 AM »
Beer good, stress bad. The better half had a garage/flea market thingy today too so up early I was to drag her stuff to the market.  ;D

Yeah, tired, dosen't help when the place (home) warms up inside. The fans are running & I'm glad it's cooling off now.  

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Series 2
« Reply #1499 on: June 20, 2004, 12:44 PM »
Just picked up a case of these

http://www.playingmantis.com/jl/estore_details.php?estoreid=284

We'll see how they work, no foot pegs or anything but they look like they should do the trick for what I was think of doing.  A 3x2 instead of 2x3 setup would have been indeal but this should work

Delivery sucks however...might take a month and I didn't see other companies out there I was willing to trust :-\