Author Topic: Series 2  (Read 144462 times)

Offline Mandalorian Madman

• Youngling
  • He's no good to me at all.
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2003, 03:16 AM »
congrats matt! awesome score! man, 1 in 96, how sweet is that feeling when you pop it open and see it.  and yah, wookie, I'd keep it carded, just for the shelf with all my other carded fett stuff.

the alien line looks sweet. the face hugger is too funny. if they do colonial marines from aliens, you're gonna hear me squealing like a little girl.

anybody here pick up the tron sets?  keep watching them on ebay.

man I'm telling you these things are plastic crack.
JD

"Open them.  All of them."

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
  • It comes in pints?! I'm getting one.
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2003, 11:25 AM »
Talked to a fella in Singapore, who received the carded Fett as a gift from a friend in Tokyo. He said he's trying to get another to sell on eBay, but they've been selling in Tokyo for $200-$300 American. I dont know what's worse, how high the price is, or that Im sitting here thinking "Hmmmmm, I might pay that"
"Of all the things to worry about, the wookiee has no pants..."

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2003, 11:57 AM »
$200. to $300. for it is nuts IMHO. Would you really pay that much for it? Thats like paying $200. plus for a Silver Darth Vader.
As I expected if they showed up on eBay, that they would catch a high price. Yes there are going to be bidding wars over it, is it really worth it?

Offline Boba Binks

• Jedi Padawan
  • The Most Feared Bounty Hunter on Naboo
    • View Profile
    • David Jonathan Syczylo
Series 2
« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2003, 02:57 PM »
I have the bootleg Kubricks from a few years ago. I would collec the official Kubricks but it just cost to much. If I can't get them all, I do not want to start and end up having holes in my collection.

For those of you looking for me. I am now at www.sandtroopers.com

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
Series 2
« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2003, 03:45 PM »
To be honest though, I wish it was the ROTJ variant instead, since I was wanting to try to get this vintage version carded, from the recent Medicom Toy Exhibit.  Oh well...  Guess I'll be happy with what I got!  

Matt, I'll trade you my regular Fett for your variant Fett.   ;)
dustrho

Offline CyberScout

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2003, 04:12 PM »
I'm late to the party but I just found this thread.Here I was thinking nobody liked these bad boys.The carded Kubricks are awesome!!

I'm jumping on the bandwagon with you guys and to start off my collection I just picked up the bootleg scout.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3134935915&category=2474

A thing of beauty I tell ya. ;D

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2003, 04:42 PM »
A thing of beauty I tell ya. ;D

It sure is. Very nice & a good way to start them off.  ;)

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2003, 04:44 PM »
Hopefully Kubrick will make a Scout Trooper down the road. The bootlegs look decent, but I think Ill just stick to the official ones

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
Series 2
« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2003, 08:22 PM »
Hopefully Kubrick will make a Scout Trooper down the road.

Now THAT would be awesome!  I'm sure they'll do that though, because this line of Kubrick figures are selling nicely.
dustrho

Offline CyberScout

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2003, 09:02 PM »
Bring em on! The more scouts the merrier!!!

Jango Fettish

Series 2
« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2003, 11:45 PM »
Adam, haven;t heard back from you Re: the Kubrick Boba?  :-\

Offline Hes No Good to Me Dead

• Jedi Padawan
  • That's it baby, when you got it, flaunt it.
    • View Profile
    • Now With Kung-Fu Grip
Series 2
« Reply #26 on: June 15, 2003, 12:06 AM »
Hi Everyone. Im new to the boards and was refered here by one of the members.  I live in Japan and have been collecting Kubricks for about a year now.

I think Medicom may have made a mistake in the quantities of of each figure that they allocated to each box of the Star Wars Bounty Hunters. As it stands there are 4 Bobas, 3 IG-88s, 2 Bossks, and 1 each of Dengar, 4-Lom and Zuckuss. They can all be individually bought in toy shops in Japan, however it is almost impossible to find the individuals of Dengar, 4-Lom and Zuckuss.

I think in the future, these 3 might go for a premium so get them while you can. Boba, IG-88 and Bossk are a dime a dozen.  This is only a hunch mind you.

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #27 on: June 15, 2003, 12:08 AM »
Adam, haven;t heard back from you Re: the Kubrick Boba?  :-\

Sorry about that! He should be in the mail early this week ;)

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #28 on: June 15, 2003, 12:11 AM »
Hi Everyone. Im new to the boards and was refered here by one of the members.  I live in Japan and have been collecting Kubricks for about a year now.

I think Medicom may have made a mistake in the quantities of of each figure that they allocated to each box of the Star Wars Bounty Hunters. As it stands there are 4 Bobas, 3 IG-88s, 2 Bossks, and 1 each of Dengar, 4-Lom and Zuckuss. They can all be individually bought in toy shops in Japan, however it is almost impossible to find the individuals of Dengar, 4-Lom and Zuckuss.

I think in the future, these 3 might go for a premium so get them while you can. Boba, IG-88 and Bossk are a dime a dozen.  This is only a hunch mind you.

Welcome to the board! :) Nice Screen Name ;)

It would be nice if they changed the allocation of the figures to two each. I ordered a case, and thought it would be nice to have one opened and one sealed set.

Do you know anything about the carded Boba Fett and Luke Kubrick figures? Are they a really hot item in Japan right now? Like I said above, I talked to a collector in Hong Kong and he told me that a friend of his in Japan has been seeing these go for $200-$300 American. I, along with a lot of other collectors, would love to get my hands on these, but there havent been a lot of details available, concerning exactly how they were distributed, how many were made, etc

Offline Hes No Good to Me Dead

• Jedi Padawan
  • That's it baby, when you got it, flaunt it.
    • View Profile
    • Now With Kung-Fu Grip
Series 2
« Reply #29 on: June 15, 2003, 09:17 AM »
Yes the Boba Fett carded figures are very hot and yes they are  going for $200-$300 on Yahoo! Japan as we speak. I dont think Ill be buying any.  They are a bit out of my price range.  

As for the Carded Luke Figure, they haven't appeared on the second hand market yet, but Ill be sure to let you know if they do.

The hot  Kubrick item in Japan at the moment are Back to the Future, Sesame Street aqnd of course, Star Wars.
Sorry for not introducing myself to the newbie section; Im off there now to do it.

Im sorry I didnt introduce myself on the Newbie Secion. Im going there to do it now.