Author Topic: Series 2  (Read 145213 times)

Offline James D

• Youngling
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #165 on: July 16, 2003, 11:56 PM »
As a newbie here, I'm obviously lost on the whole sweater thing ??? What's the story?
James

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Series 2
« Reply #166 on: July 17, 2003, 12:05 AM »
Matt (JediMAC) in our Pic's to Names thread over in the Watto's section posted this picture of himself

Matt's the guy on the right.  A few late night chat sessions has given Matt many nicknames which include Bulky (as in fat, notice the gut?) Baggy (as in the sweater) and Blocky (as in the hair)

Basically he is JD's whipping boy on staff :-*

I'm also going to lock this thread and someone feel free to start a new one when the need arises at any time.  20 pages is enough (of which we just moved 3 pertaining to non-Star Wars Kubricks over here to the new Other Toy Lines forum)!
« Last Edit: July 17, 2003, 12:14 PM by JediMAC »

Offline James D

• Youngling
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #167 on: July 17, 2003, 12:25 AM »
Well, Scott has closed down the old Kubricks thread, so time to start another. It was time, at 20 pages, but I'm disappointed in the timing, as he just posted a picture of Matt's infamous sweater for me. Locking it down=no witty one-liners about it ;)
To keep this on topic, I've got my first set of Kubricks on the way. I scored a set of the bounty hunters from somebody over at the Simpsons Collector Sector. I got the link off the old JD Kubricks discussion, so JD would get an assist, or "helper" as we say here in Hockeytown.
James

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Series 2
« Reply #168 on: July 17, 2003, 12:28 AM »
Cool, the SCS has some very knowledgeable Kubrick collectors, where I've learned most of the nuances.

I am sort of hooked on the little guys, anxiously awaiting Marvel 2, Sesame 2, and even things like Back to the Future and Batman

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
Series 2
« Reply #169 on: July 17, 2003, 01:26 AM »
I only have the 3 basic Star Wars Kubricks so far (Boba Fett, Bossk and IG-88), and I love these little guys!  I can't wait to add more to my collection.

http://www.chrisrhoads.com/starwars/kubricks.htm
dustrho

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Series 2
« Reply #170 on: July 17, 2003, 02:24 AM »
First of all, let's at least provide a link back to the previous Kubricks thread, just in case anyone has some catching up to do on the previous 20 pages of Kubrick (and sweater) discussion...   ;)

New Star Wars Kubricks

Second of all, my hair's not blocky, my belly's not bulky, and...  OK, my hair's not blocky at least!  But the much more serious problem we have here, is that Scott, Brent, Dale, Jim, and the Chris's shouldn't even be looking at me in that picture...  See what I'm getting at?  There's much more important things going on there that deserve the average male's attention moreso than my gut!   :-*

That said, back to the Kubricks discussion...  So, after this next Series 2 hits hopefully in the next month or two, what would you guys like to see next in Series 3?

Assuming a similar setup, with 6 figures again hailing from ANH hopefully, my guess on Series 3 is:  Darth Vader, C-3PO, Jawa, R5-D4, X-Wing Luke, and a Stormtrooper.  You heard it here first!    :-*  But hopefully they'll go even slower than that, and hit more of the unique background characters as they work their way through ANH...

Or perhaps they'll jump back into ESB, and go with Vader, C-3PO, Yoda, Lando, Snowtrooper, and Bespin Luke or Leia...  Who knows?  Who cares?  It's all good stuff, whatever comes next!   8)  Except for those damned secret Chase variants...   >:(
« Last Edit: July 17, 2003, 02:29 AM by JediMAC »

Offline Hes No Good to Me Dead

• Jedi Padawan
  • That's it baby, when you got it, flaunt it.
    • View Profile
    • Now With Kung-Fu Grip
Series 2
« Reply #171 on: July 17, 2003, 10:55 AM »
Great name for the thread.

Here's a picture of Jim's Boba in it acrylic case. Nice hey.

For the third Series? Well they've done an ANH set and a ESB set so I reckon they might do a Jedi set next. Jabba's Palace maybe.A blue saber/green saber for Jedi Luke maybe for the variation.  An Endor set would be good. Hopefully not too many Ewoks though.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #172 on: July 17, 2003, 11:08 AM »
Great name for the thread.

Here's a picture of Jim's Boba in it acrylic case. Nice hey.

For the third Series? Well they've done an ANH set and a ESB set so I reckon they might do a Jedi set next. Jabba's Palace maybe.A blue saber/green saber for Jedi Luke maybe for the variation.  An Endor set would be good. Hopefully not too many Ewoks though.

Holy Mackerel!  :o  That Boba is just plain Gorgeous! 8)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #173 on: July 17, 2003, 05:05 PM »
But he can't breathe!! :o

Matt,
I assure you I noticed the girl and if she were here to talk to, she'd have all of my attention.  BTW, I don't think her hair colour is entirely natural but I really dig that brunette/redheady kinda auburnish combo.   :P

And quit yer whining, you have one variant as it is.  Some of us don't got none eh?  Alas, next time.  

I would still like to see them release another set of the early bird stuff.  I really don't want to drop $100 US on something I'd be reluctant to open.  I want open versions of these little guys and really they need to have those first four more widely available.  
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Series 2
« Reply #174 on: July 21, 2003, 04:46 AM »
Just got my Early Bird Kubrick set from Simon in Japan, and I'm most pleased (with the set, and his service)!  The stand was much bigger than I expected - at 15" x 7", and will make for a nice display for the first 10 figures...

Still need that ROTJ Fett variant though, but I've pretty much given up on the possibility of ever attaining either of the two carded Kubricks...

Now let's get those Series 2 figures rollin' out to the fans now, eh?!   8)

Offline James D

• Youngling
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #175 on: July 21, 2003, 10:08 AM »
Just got my first Kubricks today. Got a Bounty Hunter set plus some extra Fetts from Grizzly Bear Underwear over at the Simpsons Collector Sector. Great trader, and awesome toys! Hopefully I will pick up an Early Bird set at Gen Con this coming week, and maybe some bootlegs. Bring on Series 2!!!
Peace,
James

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
  • It comes in pints?! I'm getting one.
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #176 on: July 21, 2003, 10:28 AM »
Oooooooooh, GenCon. I didnt even think of looking there for carded Kubrick figures :) Then again, Im sure they would be off the hook pricey though!
"Of all the things to worry about, the wookiee has no pants..."

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #177 on: July 23, 2003, 07:52 PM »
OH MY HOLY LORD GOD! :)

Kubrick Carded Luke goes on sale tomorrow, on the Medicom Toy Site! :) Ships in October!

http://www.medicomtoyshop.com/index.html

Unfortunately, its exclusive to Japan :( Can someone help us out?

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Series 2
« Reply #178 on: July 23, 2003, 08:19 PM »
Well this is certainly a most interesting development now, isn't it?   8)  Am I guessing right that judging by that 1,500 I see on that page, that it's going to cost 1,500 Yen, which is a little less than $13?  I'd say that's a tad bit more affordable than recent prices we've seen on it!   :P

Cool!  I wonder if Medicom will slightly alter the card so that it will at least be somewhat different than the version that everyone else has already bought for $200+.  Otherwise, that would really suck for those folks.   :-\

Guess we'll find out soon enough...  Now, where's that carded Fett at?!?    :-*

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #179 on: July 23, 2003, 08:42 PM »
It says "Art of Star Wars" in the header, so Im assuming it isn't different. Ouch for the people who picked it up on eBay!

It's a limit of one per person though, but still, its going to make this figure a lot easier to get :)