Author Topic: Series 2  (Read 144479 times)

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
  • It comes in pints?! I'm getting one.
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #285 on: November 29, 2003, 08:53 AM »
Just ordered a case from Hobby Link Japan....

I really want the Stormtrooper chase figure, but I dont think Ill go to extreme measures to get the Han, if I dont get it outright

If anyone is interested in my extra, let me know.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2003, 01:20 PM by BigDumbWookiee »
"Of all the things to worry about, the wookiee has no pants..."

Offline boba_jp

• Youngling
    • View Profile
    • Slave1
Series 2
« Reply #286 on: November 29, 2003, 11:19 AM »
Difference of musical instrument.

-------
Boba Fett Collection Site "Slave1"

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #287 on: November 29, 2003, 12:37 PM »
so does that mean 4 chase figures? sandtrooper, indiana and 2 band members??

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #288 on: November 29, 2003, 01:20 PM »
so does that mean 4 chase figures? sandtrooper, indiana and 2 band members??

That's what it looks like. Yeesh!

Hopefully the band member wont be a chase figure, maybe we'll get lucky and theyll make two different figures, 1 each per box
« Last Edit: November 29, 2003, 01:22 PM by BigDumbWookiee »

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Series 2
« Reply #289 on: November 29, 2003, 01:44 PM »
I'm going to merge the "secret/chase" Kubrick discussion in here with the rest of our Kubrick discussion, since we Kubrick fans were already discussing the chase figure(s) in here.

My head is seriously starting to hurt thinking about the prospect of 4 potential chase figures.  This line is going to be the death of me.  It's going to cost me as much to collect each new wave of Kubricks as it is to collect the Code 3 stuff.  This chase stuff is out of control, and though it's certainly an interesting slant to the line, Kubrick runs the risk of isolating/losing it's completist collectors since the cost of staying "complete" is going to be out of reach for most of us, it looks like...

I'll just have to play it by ear, and see what I want to do with this line.  Undecided right now, I am.  I'm sure I'll stick with it for a little longer, but damn.  We thought it was hard enough getting two chase figures last time, but four...?!?  I wouldn't be surprised to see even more pop up pretty soon, especially with the band member instrument variation.

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #290 on: November 29, 2003, 03:06 PM »
From the looks of the pictures, there are two different Cantina Band members (two of the photos are the same thing, the stuff just didnt show up as well).

So, that means we will get one regular and one chase Band Member (for a total of three). Hopefully they will stick to two chase figures, and make the two Band Members the same ratio (1 each per case).

Hopefully they are the same ratio (1 and 1). If so, Im going to get one per instrument for a full band. If one is a chase figure, well, you can count that out then.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #291 on: November 29, 2003, 03:06 PM »
4 chase figures!

I gotta agree that it will be the death of us Matt. Chasing the chase figures are like doing collectors cards, sport figures, regular figures...  :-\

They know people will want them & will hunt them down & pay for them. Just plain nuts IMO.

Now correct me if I am wrong but on the band members, there are different instruments but I also see different colors of the figures. The chest area & the legs seem to have different colors, or is that the lighting?

Thoughts!

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #292 on: November 29, 2003, 03:10 PM »
They're all the same color, its just the amount of light in the photo. You can tell the accessories in the last two of the three photos are the same, the plastic casing around the big piece glares really badly from the flash, and makes it look different. You can see the two smaller horns in the third pic as well.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #293 on: November 29, 2003, 03:17 PM »
Well I hope they are the same color. Hate to see a color variant going with these! That would drive us insane!

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Series 2
« Reply #294 on: November 29, 2003, 04:36 PM »
Holy crap...sets of 8 are going for over $170 on eBay...I'm tempted but I think I'll wait on picking up Indy...I've read ratios of 1:48 which is too bad

Some of the Marvel chases are 1:96...hopefully he'll be down in the $40 range after too long

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #295 on: November 29, 2003, 05:22 PM »
Just read that the Sandtrooper chase ratio is 1:12, so you get one per box! :)

Cant wait for these two arrive

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #296 on: November 29, 2003, 05:27 PM »
I still need to figure out how to display these. I want some of those Kubrick boxes, but that'd get expensive...

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #297 on: November 29, 2003, 07:26 PM »
Just read that the Sandtrooper chase ratio is 1:12, so you get one per box! :)

Hate to  poop on your party, but that may not be guaranteed depending on how the line was run.  there could be cases with zero and cases with multiple chase.  Or what if they sub in an Indy figure (very, very cool figure IMO)?

This is quite the interesting development.  Going for that Marvel Legends, Hot Wheels, McFarlane chase line of thinking.  Being hypocritical and chasing both ML and MCF chase figures, I think it's a huge mistake.  Treasure Hunts don't hold value, the latest MCF chase figures are pretty plentiful and ML is so-so in the range, but for the accursed no mask wolvie.  

I'm sure I can be persuaded to part with chase figures ;)
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #298 on: November 29, 2003, 08:28 PM »
The Indy figure will be boxed in the Han Solo boxes from what I understand, so that shouldn't interfere with the Sandtrooper chase.

I've always understood the ratios to be bound by the package/case numbers. For instance, if you bought 2 sealed cases of 4 boxes each, you would be guaranteed 1 1:48 figure per sealed case, but you would never get 2 in one, or none in one, etc. Perhaps Im wrong on that one though. I just remember when series 1 came out, a lot of people told me that if you bought a full case you would be guaranteed a 1:48 ratio figure.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #299 on: November 29, 2003, 09:26 PM »
Well, that could be, I had not heard that before.  If indeed they are packing according to that idea, it is quite reasonable, providing their packing control is sufficient.  

Indy in a Han box huh?  More excitement, glad I ordered a case.

Dale, has your cc been charged yet?
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.