Author Topic: Series 2  (Read 145790 times)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Series 2
« Reply #435 on: December 12, 2003, 11:08 AM »
Chewie will be impossible, you'll have to buy the early bird set for that one...which is running $110+ lately on eBay

I paid $72 for the six series 2 figures which is $12 a piece...you should be able to to do better than that

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/toystan.asp?Queryid=af444

Has Han for $8 (if you need more stuff that is a pretty good price because they charge $5 flat shipping)  Might be worth looking around their store and try and find something else you might want, other wise $13 shipped is about in line with eBay prices

Glad everyone liked the article! :-*

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #436 on: December 12, 2003, 01:33 PM »
mosnab, I assure you, I was only kidding, ergo the  ;)

I don't have mine yet, but I'll have to see what my landed cost is.  I'll happily send you the extra Han for C&S, whatever that may be.  It may be the same as ebay or BBTS so you know.  Shipping up here sucks and these guys are just a little too wide to go in an envelope so they'll usually cost around $4 US to ship :(

I'll put one aside (when they show) until I hear otherwise from you.  I only need one (and my Indy) anyway.  

If you can get the Han and Greedo from BBTS then that is probably a great way to go given the flat shipping.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #437 on: December 12, 2003, 02:10 PM »
Morgbug....no worries, I totally knew you were kidding....I'm sorry if I came off like I was mad or something.  I just didn't want all your Kubrick collectors thinking a newbie like me was coming in to get your scraps :P.  I do appreciate the offer for the extra Han, I will definitely think about it.  I still haven't decided if I want to start or not, I have the feeling I will want them all if I do.  Anyways, thanks again for the advice and the help....I really appreciate it...and sorry if I sounded like a jerk earlier :).

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #438 on: December 12, 2003, 05:54 PM »
A very excellent feature Scott.  8)  
It's so nice to see them out of there Carbonite baggies!  :P

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
  • It comes in pints?! I'm getting one.
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #439 on: December 12, 2003, 08:35 PM »
Anyone know of any good stands that will fit the pegholes for these figs? I still want those cool clear boxes, but that would add up pretty quickly.
"Of all the things to worry about, the wookiee has no pants..."

Offline Hes No Good to Me Dead

• Jedi Padawan
  • That's it baby, when you got it, flaunt it.
    • View Profile
    • Now With Kung-Fu Grip
Series 2
« Reply #440 on: December 13, 2003, 09:06 PM »
Great  photo's of the Kubricks Scott. That comparision with the lego Han was great. It really shows that Kubricks aren't just Lego thingys for kids.

I love the smell of vinyl in the morning.

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #441 on: December 15, 2003, 04:13 PM »
Got my case today, it arrived in super condition!

Got all Orange Sandtroopers. Anyone have an extra white pauldron Sandtrooper they'd mind selling/trading me? Just drop me an email at aclowe@tds.net if you can help

No chase Cantina Band Member, but it looks like we've established it's only in Hong Kong assortments. I've ordered one from BBTS, hopefully it is the HK version! :)

BUT! :) Yeah, you've figured it out by now. Hehe... I snagged an Indiana Jones fig! :) Im not worried about the other chase figs now!

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Series 2
« Reply #442 on: December 15, 2003, 06:42 PM »
BUT! :) Yeah, you've figured it out by now. Hehe... I snagged an Indiana Jones fig! :) Im not worried about the other chase figs now!

Sweet!  Nice score Adam!  The Kubrick Completist Club is almost complete again, since I finally got my orders in today as well...  All 9 of 'em (including the illustrious Dr. Jones of course) are now in my grubby little mitts!   ;D

Just the alternate band member and a Sandtrooper or two for you guys, and we'll be back to status quo.   8)  But as long as the VHTF Indy has been snagged, you guys are in good shape for finishing off the other 2 far easier chase figures!

Boy, that sure went by fast, huh?  No long anticipation and hard work of tracking down the Chase Fetts like last time, I guess...  Boy, we're going to have a much longer wait 'til Series 3 this time around, since everyone managed to scoop up everything so quickly this time!

So no one wound up with any extra Indy figures, right?  'Cause we still need to hook up Brent and Dave with one...  So keep your eyes peeled for any good deals on him for those guys!

And Brian...
You just ignore that big mean bully known as Morgbug.  He likes to throw his potty mouth weight around in the forums from time to time, that's all!   ;)

As for the Kubricks - yeah, they're a very cool, fun (and challenging) line to collect.  If you don't have an interest in getting the VHTF Chase figures which can run you a pretty penny, then if you hop on each new series as it comes out, you should be able to get the standard figures for anywhere from $8 to $12 each, shipped.

And I'm sure some of the fellas in here that are ordering cases of them, and winding up with extras would be happy to help you out.  Heck, they'd LOVE to unload their unneeded duplicates.  The problem is, that only 3 of the 6 figures in both Series 1 and 2 come with duplicates in each case.  But the other 3 are only 1 per case, so folks won't have duplicates of those, and they're rarely up for auction as a threesome (though the "duplicate" threesomes are all over the place).

For example, in this Series 2, people will have extras of the Han, Sandtrooper, and Cantina Band Member - so hooking you up with those for cheap ($8) would be no problem.  But finding the Greedo, Tusken Raider, and Obi-Wan figures would be a tough (and more expensive) challenge, since they were only one per case, and as such are rarely sold as a lot.  So finding the entire series together (all 6) is usually going to be your best bet.

All six of Series 2 can be snagged off of eBay for about $60 right now.  Series 1 (Bounty Hunters) is a bit higher now, at about $70 - $80, and the HTF single pack-ins in that set are Dengar, Zuckass & 4-LOM, whereas Fett, Bossk, and IG-88 are the ones that are much more abundant.

Unfortunately, especially if you really want a Chewie figure, the Early Bird set still sells for a solid $100 - $125 most of the time on eBay...   :-\  I don't think I've ever seen an Early Bird set broken up, and the 4 figures therefrom sold individually.

Just keep checking eBay and hope for the very occasional auction with a real low BIN, and hop on it!  I'll be sure to give you (and Dave) a shout if/when I ever see some good ones!   :-*

End novel.   :P

« Last Edit: December 15, 2003, 06:47 PM by JediMAC »

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #443 on: December 15, 2003, 07:11 PM »
Yeah, hopefully Ill have the second Cantina Band Member soon as well. Just need that white pauldron Sandtrooper, definately not worried about trying to get him!

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Series 2
« Reply #444 on: December 15, 2003, 07:19 PM »
Just need that white pauldron Sandtrooper, definately not worried about trying to get him!

Might want to chat with Dale (DSJ) about that Adam, since I think I remember him getting FOUR of the white Sandtrooper variants in one of his cases...  Simon might still have a couple too, though shipping from Japan would probably run ya' a little more, not to mention he's back home Down Under for the holidays for a few weeks...

I think your best bet would be to just do it like we did with the regular Fett last time Adam.  Remember?  You just stuck him and the opened and flattened box in one of those small bubble wrap envelopes, and safely shipped it for only a buck or two.  I say find someone who can do that...  Good luck!

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #445 on: December 15, 2003, 11:47 PM »
Potty mouth :-\  Moi :-*

Still waiting on my case to arrive.  Unlike Mr. Megabucks up north, I only ordered one case, so I'm kinda sitting on the sidelines twiddling my thumbs whilst waiting.  Impatiently, I might add.  And with everyone around here having an Indy (well, not everyone, but it sure seems like it) I'm more than a little antsy.  I'm hoping my case comes in by end of week.  Middle of the week is two weeks since notification, so that should be about right.  

Indy........Indy..........Indy...........Indy...........Indy.........Indy...

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #446 on: December 16, 2003, 09:00 AM »

Just need that white pauldron Sandtrooper, definately not worried about trying to get him!

Might want to chat with Dale (DSJ) about that Adam, since I think I remember him getting FOUR of the white Sandtrooper variants in one of his cases...

Did someone say White Pauldron Sandtrooper!  ;D  I think I may have a spare kicking around!  :-*

Congrats Adam on the Indy.  8)

Unlike Mr. Megabucks up north

Now who the heck would that be!  ;D

Indy........Indy..........Indy...........Indy...........Indy.........Indy...

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Series 2
« Reply #447 on: December 16, 2003, 09:06 AM »
Da da da daa, da da daaaaa, da da da daaaa, da da da da da, da da da daaaa, da da da daaaaaaa,  da da daaa da da daaa da etc

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #448 on: December 16, 2003, 03:18 PM »
Da da da daa, da da daaaaa, da da da daaaa, da da da da da, da da da daaaa, da da da daaaaaaa,  da da daaa da da daaa da etc

AAAAAAAaaaaaaaauuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugh![/b]

There, I feel better now.  Waiting.  Waiting......

Indy........Indy.........Indy..........Indy........Indy.........Indy........Indy.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Series 2
« Reply #449 on: December 18, 2003, 01:31 PM »

Sorry, but I'm not quite seeing the connection here.  What's with the Fifth of Beethoven Scott?   :-[

Hurry up and get your case already Brent!  You're lagging, ya' big slowpoke!   :-*