Author Topic: Series 2  (Read 145617 times)

Offline Padawan

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #720 on: February 12, 2004, 02:31 AM »
Welcome.   ;D  I remember seeing over at rebelscum you saw an Indiana Jones pulled out of a case, and you posted the way the case was packed.  The case I got Indy in was the same way.  I think the members here who got Indy out of a case had a different case packing arrangement.  

Offline Mos-Quito

• Youngling
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #721 on: February 12, 2004, 03:42 AM »
Thanks Padawan :). Oh yeah, I remember posting that. Before opening it, I sensed an Indy in that case because of the way the Hans were packed. Usually I see them packed in the middle column, top 3 row in the non-Indy case. But I think someone here did get an Indy from a case that was packed in non-Indy pattern...

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Series 2
« Reply #722 on: February 12, 2004, 09:24 AM »
Welcome Mos-Quito, glad you could join us :)

I'm going to work on my Prediction list and prove Colman wrong...it shall be done :)

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
  • It comes in pints?! I'm getting one.
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #723 on: February 12, 2004, 10:10 AM »
Ah, Mos-Quito, one of my RS favorites! Welcome, welcome!
"Of all the things to worry about, the wookiee has no pants..."

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #724 on: February 12, 2004, 10:38 AM »
But I think someone here did get an Indy from a case that was packed in non-Indy pattern...

Welcome to JD Mos-Quito.  :)

It was I who got the Indy from the case. Seems it was packed differently from cases I have heard about thus far.

I read over at the Simpsons board the following:

If you run across them in a hobby shop here's a clue to find Indy. They are packed three wide and four deep. In a non chase case all three Hans are in the center, second through fourth row. Chase Han (Indy) is in the left front corner.

Originally posted by Mos-Quito:
I just witnessed an opening of an Indy out of a fresh case with my very own eyes.

For those wondering about the boxes' positions, it was like this:

Sandtrooper Cantina Han
Sandtrooper Cantina Han
Sandtrooper Greedo  Ben
Sandtrooper Indiana Tusken

I have my figure boxes in the cases they came in the same way I took them out.  All the Hans I have came in the 2nd, 3rd, 4th row center so that chase thing throws it off. I got Indy in the 3rd box so that would make him 2nd row middle from the way I removed them!

This is the way all 4 cases were packed:

Cantina     Han           Sandtrooper
Cantina     Han           Sandtrooper
Ben          Han/Indy   Sandtrooper
Greedo     Tusken      Sandtrooper

No Indy chase in the corner unless mine was a fluke!

Scott's post:

X X X
X X X
X X X
I  X X

Mos-Quito post:

X X X
X X X
X X X
X I   X

DSJ's post:

X X X
X X X
X I  X
X X X
Now if I am reading this right, those are packed 3 different ways!  ???

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Series 2
« Reply #725 on: February 12, 2004, 11:13 AM »
Series 3 (Return of the Jedi)

Emperor
Emperor's Royal Guard
C-3PO
Stormtrooper
Darth Vader (no helmet variant)
Jedi Luke Skywalker
Slave Leia (Chase)

Series 4 (The Phantom Menace)

Obi-Wan Kenobi
Qui-Gon Jinn
Anakin Skywalker (Pod Racer Variant)
Darth Maul
Padme (Theed Palace)
Jar Jar Binks
Yoda (Chase)

Series 5 (Attack of the Clones)

Anakin Skywalker
Obi-Wan Kenobi
Count Dooku
Jango Fett
Clonetrooper (Blue, Yellow, Red Variants)
Padme (Arena)
Mace Windu (Chase)

Series 6 (Episode III)

Anakin Skywalker
Darth Sidious
New Bad Guy
New Clonetrooper (Paint Variants)
Bail Organa
Mystery Spoiler
Mystery Spoiler (Chase)

Series 7 (ANH Redux)
Tarkin
X-Wing Luke (Chase helmets)
Jawa
R5-D4
TIE Pilot
Hammerhead
Walrusman (Chase)

Series 8 (ESB Redux)
Yoda
Lando Calrissian
Hoth Han
Snowtrooper
Bespin Leia
Bepsin Luke (bloody variant)
Lobot (Chase)

Series 9 (ROTJ Redux)
Bib Fortuna
Gamorrean Guard
Skiff Lando
Luke Palace
Boussh (Helmetless variant)
Ewok or 2
Admiral Ackbar (Chase)

Not sure if it will go on past that, they sure are taking there sweet time with things though

Offline Mos-Quito

• Youngling
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #726 on: February 12, 2004, 11:27 AM »
Hi OCB, BDW and DSJ. Thanks so much for the welcome guys! Glad to see some familiar names in here. This forum feels like home already!

Yeah DSJ, what I really find bizarre is the way your Indy case was assorted. Because I was under the assumption that Indy case wouldn’t be packed like the non-Indy case hence how retailers are able to know which case contains Indy. Oh well.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Series 2
« Reply #727 on: February 12, 2004, 11:44 AM »
Hi. A new poster here. I've given up hope for a decent Kubrick discussion over at Rebelscum, so I thought I'd just migrate over here ;D

Hey Mos-Quito!  Welcome to Kubrickville, here at ye' olde JD!  Definitely some of the best Star Wars Kubrick conversation online, so I'm sure you'll enjoy...  Lots of catching up you have to do, if you dare to read through the 53 pages from our previous 2 Kubrick threads!

Some great guys in here, and very helpful as well.  So if you're a Kubrick enthusiast/addict like the rest of us, you'll fit right in!  So where does your Kubrick collection stand right now, and what do you think is on tap for Series 3??

BTW, since Adam's got the biggest cojones around here and stepped up to the plate and snagged the carded Fett, he's club president around these parts now, so be sure to treat him with the utmost respect!   ;)

And you should know that OCB likes those silly Be@rbrick thingees, and plays with Barbies too.  I think that should get you up to speed...

Welcome again to JD.  Looking forward to chatting with you...

- Matt

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Series 2
« Reply #728 on: February 12, 2004, 12:17 PM »
You can just call me the First Lady :-[ :-*

Offline buffet1fan

• Youngling
  • son of a !!!!!
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #729 on: February 12, 2004, 12:20 PM »
 ??? I noticed no more R2's in your up coming list? I have yet to get the earlybird and with it skyrocketing in the last couple of weeks it maybe out of my reach. Then I hear about the new droids R2 that may even be farther out of reach. I was thinking I may haft to go bootleg but it looks like he got ran over in those sets. Is there any Hope?

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Series 2
« Reply #730 on: February 12, 2004, 12:23 PM »
Not much actually, Medicom isn't scared to

#1 Release main characters in HTF sets
#2 Not release them again
#3 Make wanted figures chases

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Series 2
« Reply #731 on: February 12, 2004, 12:31 PM »
Is there any Hope?

Unfortunately, very little at the current time, other than the two R2's you already mentioned...   :-\  We've yet to see Medicom show any preponderance for "rehashes" ala Hasbro (other than the even more expensive Chase and carded ones).  Chewbacca fans are having the same problem right now, since he's only in the Early Bird set, and I've not once ever seen someone breakup one of those and sell the figures off individually.

Wish I had some better news for ya' buffet, but that's unfortunately one of the things about this Kubrick line that collectors have to realize and prepare for: it ain't easy, and it ain't cheap.   :-\  From the looks of it, most of the HTF piece's prices are stabilizing, if not going up a bit more.  So there's a good chance that the longer you wait, the more expensive these little suckers are gonna get.

Good luck in your hunt.  Maybe you'll stumble on a real good deal somewhere.  Keep your eyes peeled on this thread though, 'cause a lot of us (even if we're all caught up) still browse the Kubrick auctions and point out good deals when we find them...   8)

Offline buffet1fan

• Youngling
  • son of a !!!!!
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #732 on: February 12, 2004, 12:35 PM »
Thanks I'll keep searching and stay tuned maybe I can wait it out and find a deal(I Hope).

Offline Mos-Quito

• Youngling
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #733 on: February 12, 2004, 12:38 PM »
Thanks JediMAC! Yeah I notice Kubrick discussion is pretty heated up over here. I did come and read once in a while so I am kind of following what’s been happening lately =)

As for Kubrick, SW is the only one I’m into. I have complete series 1 and series 2 except for the two Boba variants. S3 still holds a complete mystery to me. They could pick any episode/theme so the possibilities are heaps! But I’m guessing it would be ROTJ. Jabba, Death Star II Battle or Endor. They might mix DSII with Endor!

Oh yeah, and congratulation about the carded Fett, Adam. So “my friend, you bow to no one.” [Bows to BDW]

Hehe OCB, I’m taking you are into design? With the Barbie outfits and Bearbricks graphics? No worries, I can understand that.

Offline Matt Brand

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Lunaroma Aromatherapy & Natural Body Care
Series 2
« Reply #734 on: February 12, 2004, 12:40 PM »
I myself would not mind at all if there were no SW Kubricks released from the prequels.  IMO there are plenty of possibilities for figures in the original, and it just seems messy in my mind to picture myself collecting prequel Kubricks.  I would probably end up going for them, but I definitely would not be very excited about them.  However, as it has been said before, they probably will do it.

My series 3 predictions were similar to OCB's ROTJ predictions - either an Emporer's throne room-themed set, or a Jabba's Palace-themed set.  It would be great to have a removable helmet Boussh! :D

I am surprised with the amount of focus on the vintage-style that Medicom has done so far.  They do seem to know what SW collectors enjoy most, and they are doing a great job of selecting releases so far.  As OCB said, they aren't afraid of those things (see above), and I think they just aren't afraid in general.  They know what collectors want, and thats what they make.

Matt
be_sharp@hotmail.com

Lunaroma Aromatherapy - www.lunaroma.com