Author Topic: Series 2  (Read 145229 times)

Offline Mos-Quito

• Youngling
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #765 on: February 14, 2004, 01:01 AM »
Whoops, sorry Padawan. Message edited :)

Offline buffet1fan

• Youngling
  • son of a !!!!!
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #766 on: February 14, 2004, 10:49 AM »
I talked to the kubrick world guy about a month ago so not sure if he still has the set free or not. the early bird set is well worth the price of 100 and over but the endor set doesn't look as nice to me and for 70 was alittle to much for me. I would not feel good spending over 40 dollars for the set. So if anyone can help me out on that price range just let me know if not I'll just keep searching the ebay for a really long time. Just got in my 4-lom and a a 7.00 buyit now it was a unreally steal compared to the one going for about 20.00 now on ebay. The zuckuss already went out of my range but there is still hope for the dengar

Offline Padawan

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #767 on: February 14, 2004, 02:49 PM »
Just got my Orange Pauldron Sandtrooper in the mail from Scrub.  Thanks a lot for helping me out.   :)

Offline Hes No Good to Me Dead

• Jedi Padawan
  • That's it baby, when you got it, flaunt it.
    • View Profile
    • Now With Kung-Fu Grip
Series 2
« Reply #768 on: February 14, 2004, 06:11 PM »
All the Endor Set are accounted for now guys.  I think this is the list. 9 in total.

Me
JediMac
BigDumbWookie
OCB
DSJ
Morbug
Padwan
and 2 guys I can't remember because I had a big computer crash. Those guy know who they are, so can they mail me again.

Sorry I can't do anymore at this stage.

Thought I might chime in at this stage with a comment on the Japanese second-hand market, as I think this is a big impacts on the price of the older Star Wars Kubricks.

About 2 weeks ago, all sellers who sold a certain number of Kubricks in Japan (and perhaps in Hong Kong), were sent 2 free Kubrick Boba Fetts each. I read this in a letter that I recieved along with some Carded Boba Fetts that I bought. This is why you have seen an increase in the number of them for sale and the slight decrease in price. It probably won't last for long though as there weren't many sent out. A few weeks ago I found 10 for sale in Japan. This week there is only 1.

Also as for the Earlybird Sets, after Series 2 was released, there was a surge in popularity for the line, as is happing around the world, and there was a rush to get at the few Earlybird Sets that were on the market and the prices doubled. That could account for some if not most of the dramatic price rise.

I don't think the weakening of the dollar helps either.

Just my thoughts.

Offline Scrub

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #769 on: February 14, 2004, 08:03 PM »
No prob Padawan, thanks for the trade!

I figured I should get the early bird set, before it goes over 200.  Although, everytime a new ceiling is set, more get auctioned off.  So there are a couple less buyers out there now, I wonder how the current auctions will end.

That seller also has some of the kubrick cases(at least he says he does, I am waiting on email confirmation), hopefully I can save some shipping getting both from the same seller...

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #770 on: February 14, 2004, 08:36 PM »
Thought I might chime in at this stage with a comment on the Japanese second-hand market, as I think this is a big impacts on the price of the older Star Wars Kubricks.

About 2 weeks ago, all sellers who sold a certain number of Kubricks in Japan (and perhaps in Hong Kong), were sent 2 free Kubrick Boba Fetts each. I read this in a letter that I recieved along with some Carded Boba Fetts that I bought. This is why you have seen an increase in the number of them for sale and the slight decrease in price. It probably won't last for long though as there weren't many sent out. A few weeks ago I found 10 for sale in Japan. This week there is only 1.

Whoa, 2 free carded Boba Fett's!  :o   :'(

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
  • It comes in pints?! I'm getting one.
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #771 on: February 14, 2004, 09:18 PM »
Free carded Fetts, or just regular Fetts? Wow, that's a pretty big deal.
"Of all the things to worry about, the wookiee has no pants..."

Offline Padawan

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #772 on: February 15, 2004, 04:19 AM »
Sorry to be off topic, but could anyone help me out with a Parker or an Ash Kubrick from Alien series 1?  I have the common three already and I am thinking the only way to obtain these is by purchasing the complete set of 5 on ebay.  Please let me know if anyone can help.  Thanks.   :)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #773 on: February 16, 2004, 02:48 PM »
I missed a couple of pages but the $70 price point is pretty darn close to bang on the price to the best of my knowledge.  I'm sure others have indicated as much.  At least that with shipping.  

Man, this thread moves fast.  Just catching up on four pages :o
JediMac, yes, Dale was gracious enough to assist me with locating an Early Bird set for a decent price.  Part of my soul is gone, but I'll live without it.  It is currently on it's way to the frozen wastelands.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2004, 03:43 PM by Morgbug »
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Series 2
« Reply #774 on: February 16, 2004, 03:04 PM »
I missed a couple of pages but the $70 price point is pretty darn close to bang on the price to the best of my knowledge.  I'm sure others have indicated as much.  At least that with shipping.  

Woah.  Not quite what I was imagining Brent...  I think we've stated that retail is about $35 - $40 for this set, plus I'd guess about $12ish for shipping, plus whatever Simon wants to add for a markup for himself.  But I don't think Simon usually marks stuff up anywhere close to 50%...

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #775 on: February 16, 2004, 03:08 PM »
Sorry, I should clarify.  

My other buddy in Japan has quoted me the $70 to get them to me in Canada or thereabouts.  I think that's right in line with what Simon quoted me as well.  That covers their cost, shipping from Medicom to the recipient and then shipping them out from Japan.  It might cover a couple of bucks for himself as well and paypal fees.  All perfectly fair and reasonable to me.  I have little doubt that will be a bargain in a few short months.  

Sound better?

Offline chuckles

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #776 on: February 16, 2004, 03:13 PM »
Nevermind. Got it worked out.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2004, 03:47 PM by chuckles »

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Series 2
« Reply #777 on: February 16, 2004, 03:45 PM »
Uh-oh...  Will you be joining in on the Kubrick madness with us from now on Jim?!  If so, you've got a LOT of catching up to do bud!   ;)

Glad to have ya' though...   8)
« Last Edit: February 16, 2004, 04:05 PM by JediMAC »

Offline chuckles

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #778 on: February 16, 2004, 03:51 PM »
Actually, I don't have as much catching up as you think I do. Well, not for the regular releases. I have the entire series 1 and 2. Even bought a case of series 2 but didn't get any of the variants.  >:(  So I'm still looking for the all white Sandtrooper and the other version of the CBM that I didn't get. The other variants are pretty much out of my price range at this moment so you won't have to worry about me making a run at club president anytime soon.  :P

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #779 on: February 16, 2004, 03:54 PM »
Sorry, but I refuse to accept the other band member as a chase piece.  It's the same figure with a different instrument.  Not worth the effort or so sayeth the incompleteist. :-*