Author Topic: Series 2  (Read 148925 times)

Offline buffet1fan

• Youngling
  • son of a !!!!!
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #885 on: February 25, 2004, 07:02 PM »
by the way anybody got a indy they want to sell???? ;D

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Series 2
« Reply #886 on: February 25, 2004, 07:39 PM »
by the way anybody got a indy they want to sell???? ;D

Maybe Brent could help you out with one.  Oh wait, nevermind.  He doesn't have ANY!   :P

BTW Brent, I'd say the complete set from BBTS is definitely the better deal, if you can swing something similar to what Scott and I got hooked up with, which included the Indy (but no alternate Band Member) for $125.  If you get a case, you most likely won't get ANY of the 2 (or 3) Chase figures, at least not when it comes to Series 2 anyway...

Jon, I'd be interested to know about cheaper cases than HLJ, so if you hear anything good, give us a shout here!  8)  We've got more than enough Kubrick collectors here to buy a couple of master cases for sure...

Offline Padawan

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #887 on: February 25, 2004, 07:41 PM »
Will do Matt.   :)  

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #888 on: February 25, 2004, 08:15 PM »
Maybe Brent could help you out with one.  Oh wait, nevermind.  He doesn't have ANY!   :P

Aw, is widdle Matty jeawous :-*

R2, R2, R2.  Oh wait, never mind.  I already have one :P
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
  • It comes in pints?! I'm getting one.
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #889 on: February 25, 2004, 08:55 PM »
http://www.ningyoushi.com/medicom/kubrick/specialforce/sasvan.htm

Doesn't this just make you crave a Kubrick XWing, TIE Fighter, Millennium Falcon, or Landspeeder? :)

An XWing and TIE Fighter would be beyond phenomenal! We could get little pilots with each one. Oh man that'd rock so freakin hard...

I can see it now... Kubrick AT-AT... *drool*
"Of all the things to worry about, the wookiee has no pants..."

Offline Padawan

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #890 on: February 25, 2004, 09:18 PM »
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Stop giving them ideas BigDumbWookiee, my wallet is thin enough.   ;D

Offline Hes No Good to Me Dead

• Jedi Padawan
  • That's it baby, when you got it, flaunt it.
    • View Profile
    • Now With Kung-Fu Grip
Series 2
« Reply #891 on: February 25, 2004, 09:27 PM »
The Speeder Bikes are on there way. That SAS truck was limited edition, so I wouldn't be surprised we see an X-Wing or something come out in the near future.

And how about the next carded figure?

Given the trend of Medicom releasing variations of figures previoulsy released, maybe a regular carded Stormtrooper?

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #892 on: February 26, 2004, 11:53 AM »
Uh, have either of you , Scott and Dale received a message from Andy?

I have :(

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Series 2
« Reply #893 on: February 26, 2004, 11:57 AM »
Nope...what did it say :-\

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Series 2
« Reply #894 on: February 26, 2004, 01:45 PM »

Well, as jealous as I am/was - please don't tell me that guy renigged on all three of you or I'm going to be extremely pissed off!   >:(

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #895 on: February 26, 2004, 01:56 PM »
Details to follow when issue resolves.  It's more complicated than just what I indicated.  I promise to tell you as soon as I can, but even if he's not a member here, I'm not going to disparage anyone unless it's absolutely necessary.  I'll go so far to say that potential for disappointment exists at the moment :-\  But again, nothing is consistent.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #896 on: February 26, 2004, 01:57 PM »
Bah, darn spoilers are messing with the board.  I should know better. Sorry for the double post :-[
« Last Edit: February 26, 2004, 01:58 PM by Morgbug »

Offline Padawan

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #897 on: February 26, 2004, 02:39 PM »
Dang, I hope everything works itself out.  I got my Early Bird set and T3 sets from Andy.   :-\  

Offline aka DaBigKahuna

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #898 on: February 26, 2004, 03:18 PM »
JediMAC are you referring to Matt, myself, or someone else?   ???

Huh?  Oh, are you referring to my question directed to Mr. Kubrick Newbie?  If so, then no - that wasn't to you or Matt Brand.  You guys have already been chatting with us in here about them.  That was directed at some clown (*cough*jokabofe*cough*) who I recently sent a set of seven Series 2 Kubricks to, who hasn't chimed his dumb butt in here at all yet!   ;)  Hopefully he'll be stopping by soon enough though, to join in with the rest of us Kubrick veterans...  FishEyedLouie just picked up his first few as well, so hopefully he'll be chiming in a bit more often too!  Ya' hear that Matthew?!   :-*

Also hoping that Brian (mosnab) might want to join in with the Kubrick chat too, so we can convince him to make the leap into Kubrick land too.  I know he's thinkin' about it...   8)  I should earn some kind of Kubrick commission or something, for expanding our happy family here...   :P

Yes I do pal!

I still need series 1 and am looking to nab that at a decent price off ebay or if someone can refer me to where I can pick one up it would be much appreciated.

Which realstands work best for these?  Vintage or modern with the larger holes?  I'm gussing most people don't use these as they don't tend to fall over as much as the 3 3/4 figs.  

I figure I might as well pick some stands up for these.

-Fish-

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #899 on: February 26, 2004, 03:44 PM »

Well, as jealous as I am/was - please don't tell me that guy renigged on all three of you or I'm going to be extremely pissed off!   >:(

Ok, here are the details.  If I get anything wrong, Scott or Dale please correct me.

I contacted the seller on behalf of Dale and myself to see if he would ship both figures to me, saving us some shipping costs and some customs fees possibly.  I owe Dale for an early bird set and this would have balanced that off nicely.  

Fast forward to this morning when I received a response from Andy indicating that all six he had come from Japan were damaged.  He was gracious enough to include pictures as well and IMO, the damage does make them not mint, but really ::)

Anyway, my post that JediMac quoted was followed by a series of conversations between myself, Dale and Scott.  Neither Dale, nor Scott, nor g_b_u (the other buyer that snagged the other two that the seller listed) received a similar email from the seller.   ???

Suffice to say I'm a wee tad confused.  We can speculate out the ying-yang but what point would that serve?  So I sent a message (I was just wating until Scott got a response from g_b_u, whom he knows) to the seller asking for clarification as to why I received the message yet the others didn't (I have the lowest feedback?) and indicated that all of the buyers were now concerned as to what was going on (I think Dale and Scott are concerned, pretty sure the other guy couldn't care less, so long as his R2's show up).  I bcc'd Dale, copied my own email addy and then copied the mail and pm'd it to Scott.  

So now I sit back and wait for a response.   :-\

I'm hoping it's nothing more than a language issue.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2004, 04:02 PM by Morgbug »