Author Topic: Series 2  (Read 145742 times)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Series 2
« Reply #930 on: February 29, 2004, 02:04 PM »
Well, he sent Brent and I emails showing some slight damage to one (???) of the cards showing that there were some imperfections (tears in the card, lifting of the bubble etc) that he didn't want to sell them to us anymore and was looking for mint ones.  Basically the 5 of us that bought them all told him we would take the non-mint ones anyway.  The guy has impeccable 100% feedback and I think he was worried that non-mintness would mean unhappy customers which wasn't the case.  We'll see what happens, he told us all he was working on getting replacements, there is no word on if he is working on getting us the damaged ones or not :-\

Offline Padawan

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #931 on: March 1, 2004, 03:36 PM »
Hooray.  Carded Luke has arrived.   ;D

Offline THX1138

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #932 on: March 1, 2004, 09:31 PM »
Hooray.  Carded Luke has arrived.   ;D

I can help you with a case for your MOC Luke for $12.50 + shipping if you need one.       :)

Please send me a Private Message if interrested.

- Jim

Offline THX1138

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #933 on: March 1, 2004, 09:34 PM »
Well, he sent Brent and I emails showing some slight damage to one (???) of the cards showing that there were some imperfections (tears in the card, lifting of the bubble etc) that he didn't want to sell them to us anymore and was looking for mint ones.  Basically the 5 of us that bought them all told him we would take the non-mint ones anyway.  The guy has impeccable 100% feedback and I think he was worried that non-mintness would mean unhappy customers which wasn't the case.  We'll see what happens, he told us all he was working on getting replacements, there is no word on if he is working on getting us the damaged ones or not :-\

I hope it works for for you guys!    :)

I've bought a few MIB Kubrick's from the same seller at different times in the past and have had no problems at all.

I wish I could have got in on one of the "BIN" auctions he had.       :(

- Jim

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Series 2
« Reply #934 on: March 2, 2004, 10:53 AM »
Well, if and when I get the R2 I'll need two cases, one for Luke and One for R2...are they the same size and stuff?

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
  • It comes in pints?! I'm getting one.
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #935 on: March 2, 2004, 03:58 PM »
I didn't want to steal THX1138's glory, but he was good enough to send me a message yesterday that the R2s will indeed fit in the Kubrick carded cases :)
"Of all the things to worry about, the wookiee has no pants..."

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Series 2
« Reply #936 on: March 2, 2004, 04:00 PM »
Put me down for 2 then...but I'm going to wait until I get R2 to buy them OK

Offline THX1138

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #937 on: March 2, 2004, 08:35 PM »
Put me down for 2 then...but I'm going to wait until I get R2 to buy them OK

The two cases I have are still for sale.    

A seller in Japan that I've dealt alot with in the past e-mailed me back and said the depth of the R2-D2 bubble is 1 9/16" deep including the thickness of the card itself.

The cases I have are right at 1 3/4" inside depth.          They will be perfect for all three of the MOC Kubrick figures.

Please send me a Private Message if anyone is interrested in them.

I also accept Paypal.

- Jim

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Series 2
« Reply #938 on: March 5, 2004, 02:23 AM »
I just noticed that I've completely disappeared from my old favorite thread here for over a week.  What's that tell you...  We need some NEW Kubrick news!!!  Where the hell's Simon with that Series 3 info, eh?!   :P

I got the one in the link shown above.      I'm really amazed nobody even placed a bid on it other than me?!?!       I'm glad, though... Simon is always a great guy to deal with!      :)

Wow, good score on that one Jim!  Even beat Adam's price by a little!  I hadn't even noticed that that was Simon's auction there...  Cool.  You're in good hands then!

Still interested to see if that formerly perfect seller is going to give the 3 of you the shaft...  Sure hope he comes through after all.  Need some freakin' carded R2 owners around here!  Does anyone even have one yet?  I'm completely brainfarting on it now...

Meanwhile, I'm still patiently waiting for the second batch of R2's to hit in a couple more months.  Any indication at all if there might be any slight changes to the card itself (front, back, etc.), or if it'll be completely identical to the first 500?

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #939 on: March 5, 2004, 08:43 AM »
Meanwhile, I'm still patiently waiting for the second batch of R2's to hit in a couple more months.  Any indication at all if there might be any slight changes to the card itself (front, back, etc.), or if it'll be completely identical to the first 500?

I don't think they will change the card in anyway. That would drive the collectors crazy looking for a 2nd variant card!  :-\

I just got this email from HLJ on my clear cases that I ordered. Not good!

Despite many months of attempting to locate stock on the item(s) shown below, we have been unsuccessful. We have contacted the manufacturer and understand that, at this time, they have no plans to produce any more in the foreseeable future. As such, we have removed the following item(s)
from your outstanding order.

Kubrick & Be@rbrick Case 8pcs Set.

If you have any other sources for this, we recommend that you use them as
we doubt we will be able to get additional stock.

Well that bites!  :'(

Offline Hes No Good to Me Dead

• Jedi Padawan
  • That's it baby, when you got it, flaunt it.
    • View Profile
    • Now With Kung-Fu Grip
Series 2
« Reply #940 on: March 5, 2004, 08:50 AM »
If they are anything like the 2nd batch of Bobas and Lukes that came out, they will be exactly the same.

Only thing interesting from Medicom this month is the new Batman Series.

Oh and can the Carded Boba Fett owers tell me if your Boba has a quarter arc impression in the top right hand corner of the card? All but one I've seen hasn't had this impression.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #941 on: March 5, 2004, 09:03 AM »
Oh and can the Carded Boba Fett owers tell me if your Boba has a quarter arc impression in the top right hand corner of the card? All but one I've seen hasn't had this impression.

I won't know till I receive mine but IWKYP.

I do have an impression on the Luke card though. It has this circle but it is full, no quarter arc. Next to the "S" in the Star Wars logo & just below the punch, lower left corner.

It looks more like a paper reinforcement you use on a 3 ring binder but very small.

Anyone else have this on theres?

Offline aka DaBigKahuna

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #942 on: March 5, 2004, 12:44 PM »
Does anyone know if Kubricks take the vintage (bigger hole) or modern (smaller hole) Real Stands?

-Fish-
« Last Edit: March 5, 2004, 02:41 PM by FishEyedLouie »

Offline buffet1fan

• Youngling
  • son of a !!!!!
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #943 on: March 5, 2004, 01:01 PM »
The stands I use for my vintage figures do not work with the modern figures or the kubrick figures the peg is to big. It looks like the kubricks would use the smaller peg stands like the new star wars.

Offline buffet1fan

• Youngling
  • son of a !!!!!
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #944 on: March 5, 2004, 01:09 PM »
Is there usually this much time between the series in other kubrick sets or news about the new set. I started collecting after the second series came out so I don’t remember the length of time between the two sets, But it seems to be taking for ever for news to come out on the new set. I just finial completed my series one (how cool is dengar I thought he wouldn’t be that cool) and can’t wait for the next ones to come out