Author Topic: 2003 Bape Carded Boba Fett  (Read 5566 times)

Offline BobaMOTSU

• Youngling
    • View Profile
2003 Bape Carded Boba Fett
« on: January 19, 2007, 06:15 AM »
Could somebody please tell me the difference beteween the 'Bape' Fett, and the regular ROTJ Fett?  The only difference that I can see, is in the guns.  Also, where does the term 'Bape' fit into all of it? 
« Last Edit: August 6, 2007, 12:00 PM by Jeff »
"Think he's after your kyr'bes?"
-Mirta Gev

Offline maulsith

• Jedi Initiate
  • feel the power of the dark side of the force
    • View Profile
Re: Bape Fett
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2007, 06:47 AM »
Could somebody please tell me the difference beteween the 'Bape' Fett, and the regular ROTJ Fett?  The only difference that I can see, is in the guns.  Also, where does the term 'Bape' fit into all of it? 
[/quote
"Bape" version are the vintage version in which the gauntlets of his hands are in yellow and red whereby the ROTJ are both hands gaunlets are in red..Its has the similarities of the chase figures for S1 ie.. ROTJ from Hong Kong and Vintage from Japan.. this 3 are equally rare items.."Bape" ...well probably is thier convention theme i guess..

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2007, 07:15 AM »
The Bape Fett was released at the Art of Star Wars at Kyoto National Museum Japan in 2003. Bape (Bathing Ape) is a Japanese clothing company specializing in urban streetwear.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2007, 04:21 AM »
(copy/paste from my reply in your JD intro thread):

As Dale already mentioned above, "BAPE" was the convention that it came from in Japan (Bape Gallery Medicom Toy Exhibit 03 in Tokyo, Aoyama Japan from June 7th to 29th 2003).  There might be as few as 150 of these ever made, so it's a tough grab (definitely keep it quiet around the Mrs. ;))  By the way, there's actually THREE Kubrick Boba Fetts: The vintage/proto one pictured above with the yellow and red gauntlets (both carded or in a seperate regular individual box).  Either way, this one'll be expensive, as the carded version runs $250 - $350 last I checked, while the boxed version (a VHTF chase figure) runs a good $125 or more usually.

The second version is the double red-guantlet ROTJ Fett, which is also a VHTF chase figure (boxed) that also runs $125+ these days, probably more.

The third version is the regular version of Fett from ESB with two green gauntlets and can be had for much cheaper.  I think maybe $25ish these days.

There's also different guns for each version too, and a few other subtle differences between the three as well.  So good luck on the hunt for those, and let us know how you fare.  Some folks here may even have an extra ESB version still floating around...  Anyway, welcome to JD, and we look forward to chatting with you 'round the boards here!
« Last Edit: January 25, 2007, 04:22 AM by JediMAC »

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2007, 06:51 AM »
The BAPE Boba Fett as well as the red gauntlet version still are missing in my collection. I have been slow to getting to them becuase of the subtle differences between the 3. Eventually I will get to the Bape one just becuase it is carded.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"