Author Topic: Series 5  (Read 198756 times)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #1065 on: August 17, 2005, 11:30 PM »

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #1066 on: August 17, 2005, 11:39 PM »
Cripes, no wonder this thread is 103 pages long.   ::)

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Series 5
« Reply #1067 on: August 18, 2005, 04:20 AM »
So back to the actual topic of Kubricks for a moment here, you bunch'a assclowns...  ::)

How long did it take for you guys to get approved for you Robby.jp membership?  I think I'm going on almost a couple weeks now without hearing anything.  Should I be worried?

Also, when was the ETA on the TRU boxset #2 that's coming out?  Is it supposed to come before, or after, Series 5?  I can't recall, and the thought of backtracking through this ominous thread makes me a little nervous...

Offline Sithbaker

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Krackbrick Addict
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #1068 on: August 18, 2005, 07:11 AM »
So back to the actual topic of Kubricks for a moment here, you bunch'a assclowns...  ::)

How long did it take for you guys to get approved for you Robby.jp membership?  I think I'm going on almost a couple weeks now without hearing anything.  Should I be worried?

Also, when was the ETA on the TRU boxset #2 that's coming out?  Is it supposed to come before, or after, Series 5?  I can't recall, and the thought of backtracking through this ominous thread makes me a little nervous...

RoBby got back to me within a day. The past few days they have been on
holiday though, so if you emailed lately you won`t hear from them till today/tomorrow.

I don`t recall a date on the TRU set, and I`m too lazy to look....  8)
Adam

Offline yujun

• Jedi Initiate
  • i love kubricks!
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #1069 on: August 18, 2005, 07:14 AM »
did u check the robby's website? maybe their english department is not in the office and might take some time...

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #1070 on: August 18, 2005, 09:19 AM »

I think it took a couple of days to hear back from RoBBy.jp.

Yep, there's a Wonder Festival coming up on August 21st at the Tokyo International Exhibition Center "Tokyo Big Site"

WONDER FESTIVAL 2005

Keep an out out on eBay this weekend. 500 of the 1505 will be available at the Wonder Summer 2005 Festival in August 21-22. You can also order it from the MedicomToy web site, Japan only.

Offline Matt Brand

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Lunaroma Aromatherapy & Natural Body Care
Series 5
« Reply #1071 on: August 18, 2005, 10:02 AM »

I think it took a couple of days to hear back from RoBBy.jp.

Yep, there's a Wonder Festival coming up on August 21st at the Tokyo International Exhibition Center "Tokyo Big Site"

WONDER FESTIVAL 2005

Keep an out out on eBay this weekend. 500 of the 1505 will be available at the Wonder Summer 2005 Festival in August 21-22. You can also order it from the MedicomToy web site, Japan only.

Sorry for being out of the loop, but 500 of the 1505 of what?
be_sharp@hotmail.com

Lunaroma Aromatherapy - www.lunaroma.com

Offline mondocoyote

• Youngling
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #1072 on: August 18, 2005, 11:11 AM »
I can resist no longer, a man can only lurk for so long.

some may know me from kubrickworld,   I'll be posting here as well now.

"Sorry for being out of the loop, but 500 of the 1505 of what?" 

Thats the ESB boba I think. Im lucky enough to be going to the wonder festival, and if I get there early enough I'll be picking myself up one. sounds like it  may be only one per customer though, so cant take orders.

mondocoyote

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #1073 on: August 18, 2005, 11:39 AM »
Robby also got back to me within 24 hours.  I may be an assclown :-* but obviously my business is worthwhile unlike some SoCal individual. ::)

Welcome to the nutfarm mondocoyote.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Series 5
« Reply #1074 on: August 18, 2005, 11:47 AM »
How long did it take for you guys to get approved for you Robby.jp membership? I think I'm going on almost a couple weeks now without hearing anything. Should I be worried?

Yeah, I got approved by robby.jp within 24 hours as well.

But, like Adam said, they are on Holiday this week so it may take a little longer to hear from them this month.

Also, when was the ETA on the TRU boxset #2 that's coming out? Is it supposed to come before, or after, Series 5? I can't recall, and the thought of backtracking through this ominous thread makes me a little nervous...

I don't think there was an exact date given because I don't think the set was officially announced on the web-site yet. 

If I had to guess I'd say that we'll see Series 5 in November and then the TRU Set in December

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Hes No Good to Me Dead

• Jedi Padawan
  • That's it baby, when you got it, flaunt it.
    • View Profile
    • Now With Kung-Fu Grip
Series 5
« Reply #1075 on: August 18, 2005, 12:55 PM »
I can resist no longer, a man can only lurk for so long.

some may know me from kubrickworld,   I'll be posting here as well now.

"Sorry for being out of the loop, but 500 of the 1505 of what?" 

Thats the ESB boba I think. Im lucky enough to be going to the wonder festival, and if I get there early enough I'll be picking myself up one. sounds like it  may be only one per customer though, so cant take orders.

mondocoyote

Hey Mono. Another Japanese based collector? Cool. Welcome.  Make sure you get there  3am. I will never go to a Japanese Toy Show as long as I live. As some of you may recall, I ended up watching a procession of professional toy-show-goers walk out with 500 Medicom Vinyl Fetts before I had even advanced 1 step in the line. I heard it's not that much difference at any mjaor toy show in the world though.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #1076 on: August 18, 2005, 08:28 PM »
Holy crap! Was I half a sleep when I posted this morning.  :-[  Must be those muscle relaxants kicking in.  :-\

Yeah, I think Jeff maybe right with December as that was around the time the other set came out.

Hey, Welcome mondo. Nice to see ya here.  :)

Offline mondocoyote

• Youngling
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #1077 on: August 18, 2005, 10:05 PM »
have any of you checked out the star wars competition at mopiku's?

I have a couple of pictures up there, I think one of the others was done by someone who posts here too.   anyhow, heres a link,  definately worth a look, vote on your favourites!

http://www.mopiku.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=27

mondo coyote

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Series 5
« Reply #1078 on: August 19, 2005, 04:37 AM »
Welcome to JD, Brian!  I'm sure you'll enjoy the crazy Kubrick vibe we've got going on here...  ;)

So what's your story with being out there in Japan?  Business, travel, school, teaching English...?  Where do you originally hail from?  Judging by your spelling of "favourites", I might guess England.

So do you collect any other Star Wars stuff, or are you mostly just a Kubrick nut?  Anyway, glad to have you join us, especially if you've technically been here for a while already (in a lurking fashion)!  Be sure to give us a holler if you've got any questions or comments about anything here at JD.  We're here to serve...  8)

- Matt

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Series 5
« Reply #1079 on: August 19, 2005, 08:49 AM »
Anyone who wants to order from robby.jp better do it soon as I got this e-mail last night:

"This is Ryo from RoBBy, Inc. I would like to inform you the reservation date of following item(s) is closing soon.

# 10079939 Kubrick / Star Wars 5 - Unit Price 6864 Yen / Please see the picture !

# 10079936 Real Action Hero / Storm Trooper ( from Star Wars EP4 ) - Unit Price 10920 Yen / Please see the picture !

The reservation date of both item will be closed on the 22 th of Aug and this is your final chance to get the SW items. "

All you procrastinators better make sure you get your Series 5 order placed ASAP!   ;)

Also, you CANNOT cancel after the closing date, so if you are thinking of changing your mind, you better do it soon!

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender