Author Topic: Series 5  (Read 198395 times)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #120 on: June 30, 2005, 11:23 AM »
Um, my orange pauldron trooper only has the short blaster with it, not the rifle.  Neither of them have the rifle.

I'll have to carve off the ammo pack.  Can't do much about the backpack :-\

Still, it looks like I spent $300 and was a complete idiot opening it up :P  Not to you maybe, but I'll live with it.

good clarification on the Luke Stormtrooper.  I should have known there was no Han stormie until modern times. :-[
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #121 on: June 30, 2005, 11:43 AM »
Um, my orange pauldron trooper only has the short blaster with it, not the rifle.  Neither of them have the rifle.

Doh! My bad, I added an extra rifle to it for display.  ;D

The white chase has the long rifle, same weapon as Dengar, IG-88 and 4-Lom. 

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Series 5
« Reply #122 on: June 30, 2005, 11:47 AM »
Very interesting with the Vader situation. The carded one seems to be a little different in color compared to the removable helmet version, but that could just be the pictures. I assume there will be at least one more chase figure. I can't wait to get some confirmationa nd more info :)
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #123 on: June 30, 2005, 11:57 AM »
This photo from Slave1 shows the Emperor with both cane and lightning bolt.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #124 on: June 30, 2005, 12:02 PM »
Kinda makes you giddy with excitement, eh?  (oops, said that out loud didn't I?)   ;)

I was expecting the regular Vader to have a removable helmet. It's a relatively easy thing to do with Kuby's and I figured Medicom often makes the extra effort so they probably would here.

My point being this seems like a pretty uneventful chase figure if indeed it is Luke under Vader's mask. It's cool and neat and all that stuff, but if the other Vader has an older face with a removable mask/helmet I'm probably not going to really bother with the chase piece on this.

I had originally assumed that the regular Vader would have a fixed mask (non-removable) and the chase Vader would be removeable to show Anakin's face.  So these pics with Luke's face caught me off guard - I think it's a great idea!

I'm just not sure what to expect for the regular Vader now... unless this is the regular Vader (non-chase).  I don't think we've actually had confirmation yet of what the regular Vader really is.   :-\

Offline Sithbaker

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Krackbrick Addict
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #125 on: June 30, 2005, 12:06 PM »
This photo from Slave1 shows the Emperor with both cane and lightning bolt.

Aha, correct you are!
mmmmm sith-a-licous
Adam

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #126 on: June 30, 2005, 12:17 PM »
I had originally assumed that the regular Vader would have a fixed mask (non-removable) and the chase Vader would be removeable to show Anakin's face.  So these pics with Luke's face caught me off guard - I think it's a great idea!

I'm just not sure what to expect for the regular Vader now... unless this is the regular Vader (non-chase).  I don't think we've actually had confirmation yet of what the regular Vader really is.   :-\

Me thinks this is what we have going for us on the Vaders thus far.

Regular Vader

Chase Vader

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #127 on: June 30, 2005, 12:29 PM »
Here's a couple more pics of the carded Vader.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Series 5
« Reply #128 on: June 30, 2005, 12:49 PM »
Looks the same.  It would have been a perfect spot to do ANH style Vader

Cool chase (variant?)...I am guessing a totally different chase as well that will be harder to find.  This is probably more of a Variant in the same vein as the Cantina Band/Carbon Han

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #129 on: June 30, 2005, 12:55 PM »
Cool chase (variant?)...I am guessing a totally different chase as well that will be harder to find.  This is probably more of a Variant in the same vein as the Cantina Band/Carbon Han

Which if you're correct goes to further my impression of Medicom.  Everyone will want the chase Vader, they have to know that.  So if it goes like it did with Han, there'll be a box with four chase Vader in each master case.  That makes the Vader chase 1/4 overall and will be relatively inexpensive.  Probably still more than Han carbon, in the $20-30 range after settling down, but easily obtainable. 

So they create buzz with the chase Vader but make it reasonable to obtain.  What a freaking novel approach.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline bikeridetony

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • The Star Wars Carded Kubrick Website!!!
Series 5
« Reply #130 on: June 30, 2005, 01:00 PM »
According to Kubrick World, the pictures came from a guy who saw the RH Vader in a McDonald's after the show.  It could have been a carded Vader that someone opened.  So far, I haven't heard of anyone getting a case of 48 yet.  So this could possible be the Carded Vader.  Hypothetically, if it's the only way to get a Luke/Vader we're really screwed for display purposes.  We'd have to buy 2, one for opening.  
Tony the Carded Kubrick Guy

http://www.ActionCardbacks.com

Offline Sithbaker

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Krackbrick Addict
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #131 on: June 30, 2005, 01:03 PM »
According to Kubrick World, the pictures came from a guy who saw the RH Vader in a McDonald's after the show.  It could have been a carded Vader that someone opened.  So far, I haven't heard of anyone getting a case of 48 yet.  So this could possible be the Carded Vader.  Hypothetically, if it's the only way to get a Luke/Vader we're really screwed for display purposes.  We'd have to buy 2, one for opening. 

I HOPE that it isn`t the carded Vader, but with my luck....
I much rather the theory that it is the 4/48 variant, like constipated Han was.
All I know is, I CAN`T wait to get these guys. Gonna be fun opening them.
Adam

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Series 5
« Reply #132 on: June 30, 2005, 01:05 PM »
Man, I hope that isnt the carded version. I dont mind if its the chase figure, but please dont let that be the carded version.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Sithbaker

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Krackbrick Addict
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #133 on: June 30, 2005, 01:14 PM »
Man, I hope that isnt the carded version. I dont mind if its the chase figure, but please dont let that be the carded version.

Amen to that!
I don`t think it is the carded version, simply because most people keep those
carded, and I think Medicom knows that. It would a sneaky little trick to pull
off though.

Adam

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #134 on: June 30, 2005, 01:14 PM »
Oh **** me! I just found this on the Slave1 forum, Bablefish translation again.

The n.W.o way, comment it was grateful. 

You wrote ryukuon 05/06/30 22:23:46,:After, being to like us to hear in everyone who, buys it does, but as for the normal ヴェイダー 卿as for the helmet and the mask it probably is to be able to remove? When you can teach, it is grateful, is.   

The n.W.o way as said,
The helmet and the mask also two, you can remove normal Vader.
Becoming old age アナキン, it increases the bare face of normal.

This you took the photograph, it is, but being the fuzziness blurring blurring photograph...   
Someone, it is the number of hands, but re-rise we ask. 

Secret, the ルーク Vader っ て of ダゴバ, someone the っ け which was not expected? 

After, torr - the combining which probably is per secret or Bali?
ルーク torr - per, solo torr - per powerful kana? 
...................................................................................................

N.W.o way

キƒ…ーブリック series 4 secret, ルーク Vader of ダゴバ
You question with the your GET め, it was 

It is good, - the ちゃ っ high and others, it cannot call with yell excessively that っ て by your is enormous and others, but in each case GET we would like to do, is.

Oh my ******* head hurts!  :-\