Author Topic: Series 5  (Read 198883 times)

Offline Sithbaker

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Krackbrick Addict
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #1965 on: December 28, 2005, 05:01 AM »
I got them in an off eBay deal from seller WWTCM.
He was great to deal with and shipped very fast! He`s going to have some
more great Kubs coming soon (has some up now). If anyone is looking
for the EB set, he said he had one packed away. I can have him email
you or get you his email.
Adam

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #1966 on: December 28, 2005, 10:38 AM »
Can you pm me his addy please Adam?  I'd like to ask him about the Fett, on the outside chance he has some.  I'm watching one on ebay right now, but after the way the last one went, I'm not overly optimistic. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Zodach

• Youngling
  • Yub Yub!
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #1967 on: December 28, 2005, 06:39 PM »
Newbie here.  I have been into Star Wars for a while, but I would really like to start collecting Kubricks.  It seems I will have a difficult time finding series 1 under $100, but series 4+5 are reasonably priced on eBay.  I was able to snag a couple sealed boxes of series 3 off BigBadToystore.com today for $80 each since they had their 20% off sale on all non-new, non-preorder items.  It looks like I got the last 2 though.  If only they had series 4 in stock.  What I am looking for is all of series 1 and series 2, and I would really like the Max Rebo set but I'm not sure if they are in my price range.  If anyone has some of those Kubricks for sale, please let me know.  Thanks!

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #1968 on: December 28, 2005, 07:03 PM »
Welcome to JD, Zodach!

If you're still in need of series 5, I've got a few sets of regular figures for sale in the Classifieds.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Series 5
« Reply #1969 on: December 29, 2005, 12:48 AM »
Having finally finished a long long cycle of remodeling our basement, then deciding to move and then finally getting settled...my stuff is starting to come out of hiding since mid 2004

Anyway, I bought those Johnny Lightning Interlocking cases around that time with the intent to screw them on to the wall near my 3-3/4" display cases.  Now, with a permanent home (hopefully!)  I was finally able to do it.

The only problem is that the Kubrick line has almost doubled since I ordered them and now I need 6 more. 

I left holes for ANH characters I still will be getting soon from Wave 5 and the new Box Set...plus Han and Luke Stormie which I haven't unwrapped yet. Next time I head to the big city, maybe I'll swing by TRU and pick up the rest I need.

Two things I love about these things.  One is they remind me of the first Vintage Cardbacks with the boxes and figures inside the box

Back in the day I tried my hardest to make a similar case to hang on the wall to display my Vintage Figures.  It was made out of cardboard and colored markers.  Didn't work so hot.

The other thing is that they are very sturdy and pretty dang cheap for what you get...

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
Series 5
« Reply #1970 on: December 29, 2005, 01:26 PM »
Kubricks on sale for those looking to fill holes…

http://www.brianstoys.com/bvc2004/category.aspx?categoryID=3206
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Zodach

• Youngling
  • Yub Yub!
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #1971 on: December 29, 2005, 03:48 PM »
Questions for anyone who has ordered from Hobby Link Japan:

1)  If I order 4 boxes of Star Wars Kubricks, will they send me a master case sealed?  I want to get a blue Snaggletooth or Walrusman
2)  What will the shipping costs be for 4 boxes of Kubricks to the U.S. via either surface or express mail?
3)  Will I have to pay any customs or import fees to receive the package?

Your help is appreciated.  Thanks!

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Series 5
« Reply #1972 on: December 29, 2005, 03:56 PM »
Questions for anyone who has ordered from Hobby Link Japan:

1)  If I order 4 boxes of Star Wars Kubricks, will they send me a master case sealed?  I want to get a blue Snaggletooth or Walrusman

Usually, yes they try to give you a master case if you order 4 boxes but it is NOT guaranteed.  I know of at least one person who ordered 4 boxes from them and did NOT get a master case chase figure but got 4 "regular" boxes.

This late in the game, it is a bit of a gamble...  :-\

2)  What will the shipping costs be for 4 boxes of Kubricks to the U.S. via either surface or express mail?

Surface = about $33-35 for 4 boxes
EMS = about $60-65 for 4 boxes

3)  Will I have to pay any customs or import fees to receive the package?

Not usually in the USA (in Canada - yes).  If you have it sent COD, then it will require fees, but I've never had any customs fees on HLJ packages.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #1973 on: December 29, 2005, 04:30 PM »
My order for Series 4 came in an over sized box and not the Master Case box it was suppose to be but all in the end it was a MC but packed in a different box. I still can't figure out why they did it that way.  ???

My Series 2 & 3 came in the MC box and no problems. Just a guess here but if HLJ has loose boxes laying around they may want to move them and may ship them instead of a sealed MC.  :-\

Offline Zodach

• Youngling
  • Yub Yub!
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #1974 on: December 29, 2005, 05:01 PM »
Thanks for you help guys!  I can see now why people pay $100 for the chase figures.  I really don't understand why Medicom releases characters such as Walrusman and Logray as 1:96 chase figures.  To me, Dagobah Vader, Hibernation sickness Han, Endor Han, Luke and Han Stormtrooper, Blue Snaggletooth, and Vinyl Cape Jawa are bonus chase figures, but not "can't complete my collection, breakin' the bank" chase figures which is what the other two end up being.  Maybe you guys have different opinions. 

If I went to all the trouble of ordering 4 boxes from HLJ and paying international shipping costs, all for just Walrusman or Blue Snaggletooth, that one figure would end up costing me $100 even if I could get rid of all the other 47 figures at around $7 each.  It's a good thing I'm not a completist.  Hopefully I can pull a Logray from one of the 3 boxes of series 3 I have coming (fingers crossed) 
« Last Edit: December 29, 2005, 05:02 PM by Zodach »

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #1975 on: December 30, 2005, 07:24 AM »
I ordered a box of series 4 from toynk in Chicago a couple of weeks ago. The box bottom was loose (like the glue had been broken) and I figured I had a repacked box on my hands. I hit two Luke Stormies! I had bought the box to get more stormtroopers for myself and a set of the basics for my brother in law- Needless to say I was jazzed! I guess you never know what you are going to get once you get down to single boxes-

My box of series 5 from Hong Kong was a blank, not even flasher Han.

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #1976 on: December 30, 2005, 07:27 AM »
And Scott- nice display! ;D

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Series 5
« Reply #1977 on: December 30, 2005, 09:54 AM »
I ordered a box of series 4 from toynk in Chicago a couple of weeks ago. The box bottom was loose (like the glue had been broken) and I figured I had a repacked box on my hands. I hit two Luke Stormies! I had bought the box to get more stormtroopers for myself and a set of the basics for my brother in law- Needless to say I was jazzed! I guess you never know what you are going to get once you get down to single boxes-

Congrats on the find, Dan!  Pulling chases when you are not expecting to is such a great feeling...

More proof that there is occasionally magic in those 1-off single boxes. 

I remember buying a Series 2 solo box off eBay and pulling Indiana Jones - man was that a great feeling!   ;D
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Sithbaker

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Krackbrick Addict
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #1978 on: December 30, 2005, 10:38 AM »
Scott, nice display! Looks very cool.
Dan, our MC of series 4, the boxes were all like that, the bottom popped
right open. I thought someone had opened the case as well, but all was
good.
Anyone who PM`d me, should have a reply now. My computer took a dump and
I had to get it going again. New computer for me in `06!
Going to miss Win 98.....
Adam

Offline Sithbaker

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Krackbrick Addict
    • View Profile
Adam