Author Topic: Series 5  (Read 198173 times)

Offline yujun

• Jedi Initiate
  • i love kubricks!
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #900 on: August 3, 2005, 11:51 AM »
but no more $40BINs.. hee.. i got 2 myself btw.. one for my friend, one for myself.. maybe i will try to sell on ebay to try to get some seller ratings..  or maybe paint chief red..

Offline Sithbaker

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Krackbrick Addict
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #901 on: August 3, 2005, 11:59 AM »
but no more $40BINs.. hee.. i got 2 myself btw.. one for my friend, one for myself.. maybe i will try to sell on ebay to try to get some seller ratings..  or maybe paint chief red..

I saw one or two more BIN at 40, and one at 44.XX a bit ago.
If it gets much cheaper, I`ll get one. Master Cheif can slap some
alien scum around on my shelf!

Hey, they did Aliens, why not Predator? How frickin sweet would that be?
Adam

Offline yujun

• Jedi Initiate
  • i love kubricks!
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #902 on: August 3, 2005, 01:33 PM »
the seller raised the price to 45 now.. but still a gd buy.. i think he has 4 left..

haha.. aliens? Cheif would look cute besides SW driods..  ;)

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Series 5
« Reply #903 on: August 3, 2005, 02:40 PM »
Got my case of Series 4 Kubricks from Jeff a couple days ago, but unfortunately, no chase Vader.  So that means the other two guys that he's giving the other two cases to now have a 50/50 shot at it.  Who were those 2 lucky fellas again, Jeff?

On the off chance anyone wants my extra Stormies in part of trade for any Series 3 or 4 chase figures, LMK!  I'm totally lagging on those damned things now...

Thanks again for the hookup, Jeff!  :-*

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Series 5
« Reply #904 on: August 3, 2005, 04:50 PM »
Got my case of Series 4 Kubricks from Jeff a couple days ago, but unfortunately, no chase Vader.  So that means the other two guys that he's giving the other two cases to now have a 50/50 shot at it.  Who were those 2 lucky fellas again, Jeff?

I don't know if I've mentioned it in here yet, but yes I bought a second Master Case of Series 4 off eBay a week or so ago.  (I'm a glutton for punishment I guess ::)).  I snagged the box with the Stormie Twins from the case for myself (2x Stormtrooper Luke), and I then shuffled up the other three boxes.

The first box went to Matt - no Chase Vader

The second box is still sitting here, waiting to be delivered to a local guy.

The third box was earmarked for JesseVader08 but when he passed on it, I offered it up to my brother instead who pulled the Chase Vader (I just got off the phone with him).

So, that brings my total Kubrick Series 4 expenditure so far to:

$70 - Set of 8 (basic 6 plus 1x extra Vader and Chase Vader)
$65 - Stormtrooper Luke
$57 - Stormtrooper Han #1
$70 - Stormtrooper Han #2 (accidental duplicate order  :-[)
$103 - Box of 12 (4x Vader; 2x Stormtrooper & Stormtrooper Luke; 1x Hoth Han, Bespin Luke, Emperor, & Nien Nunb)

$365 Total, which looks something like this:

6x Darth Vader
3x Stormtrooper
2x Emperor Palpatine
2x Han Solo (Hoth Gear)
2x Luke Skywalker (Bespin Gear)
2x Nien Numb
1x Darth Vader (Dagobah) - CHASE
3x Stormtrooper Luke - CHASE
2x Stormtrooper Han - CHASE

From the above total, I’ve got 12 extras that I'm selling:

1x Set of 6 - $60 (sold to local MN collector)
3x Darth Vader - $21 ($7 each)
1x Stormtrooper Luke - $65 (which is the price I paid for Luke on eBay)
1x Stormtrooper Luke - $57 (which is the price I paid for Han #1) (sold)
1x Stormtrooper Han - $70 (which is the price I paid for Han #2)

If my plan works (and they rarely ever work as well as I envision them working), the final cost for my full set of Series 4 (plus 1 extra Vader and 1 extra Stormtrooper) will be reduced from the $192 it was last week down to $92...  and that is much more palatable for 11 little plastic men.

Of course, I've had to put in a bunch of work and cash to get to this point - over $850 on 8 boxes of 12 (the first "screwed up" master case and the second "real" master case) - but I hope it will all pay off in the end.  :-\

Jeff
« Last Edit: August 3, 2005, 11:52 PM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #905 on: August 3, 2005, 05:05 PM »
 :o

That's why I ordered a single Master case, enough of this dicking around.  My total looks a lot less palatable right now. 

box from HLJ - $85 (I think, I'm not even sure after shipping)
chase Vader $85
chase Luke $55
chase Han $55 - ok, don't have it yet, but that's my goal.

$280.

What'd I say earlier about just ordering a set off ebay?  Stupid, stupid, stupid.  The guy I got the Vader from has had sets up for around $260 and his shipping is fair, so right in the ballpark. 

I am selling off two Vaders and two stormtroopers ( a big plus to Medicom for making those the multiples!) so I'll recoup about $30 for a final cost around $250.  Way above Jeff's total. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #906 on: August 3, 2005, 08:47 PM »
I don't know if I've mentioned it in here yet, but yes I bought a second Master Case of Series 4 off eBay a week or so ago.  (I'm a glutton for punishment I guess ::)). 

The third box was earmarked for JesseVader08 but when he passed on it, I offered it up to my brother instead who pulled the Chase Vader (I just got off the phone with him).

Jeff

:o   Dang! Mr. money bags!  :o

Oh man, that box with the Luke/Vader chase was going to Jesse2. Oh well, the chances you take. Could have been a hit and miss.

Dang!  :o

Offline aka DaBigKahuna

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #907 on: August 3, 2005, 11:16 PM »
Just testing out my new avatar  ;D.

Thanks Dale.

DBK

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #908 on: August 3, 2005, 11:19 PM »
Your Welcome Matt.  :)

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #909 on: August 3, 2005, 11:24 PM »

Oh man, that box with the Luke/Vader chase was going to Jesse2. Oh well, the chances you take. Could have been a hit and miss.

Yeah, I took a chance and passed, hoping I'll find the chases cheaper later.  Damn.   ;)

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Series 5
« Reply #910 on: August 4, 2005, 07:53 PM »
Yeah, nice work there, Sherlock.  :-*

Just testing out my new avatar  ;D.

Thanks Dale.

DBK

Ah, ****!  Did you send that to me last week Matt, and I brainfarted on it?  That sounds about right, I think.  Sorry.  My bad!  :-[

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #911 on: August 4, 2005, 07:54 PM »
Ah, ****!  Did you send that to me last week Matt, and I brainfarted on it?  That sounds about right, I think.  Sorry.  My bad!  :-[

::)  I'm very disappointed in you.  Actually, disgusted.   :P

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • View Profile
    • Gregorbian's Photobucket
Series 5
« Reply #912 on: August 4, 2005, 08:45 PM »
Are there any online stores where I can get some of the earlier figures?  I'd like to pick up another Fett or 2 for some customs, but so far even eBay hasn't had much.  Any recommendations?  :-\
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
Is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

Offline gsrjedi

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #913 on: August 4, 2005, 09:22 PM »
I'm a newbie to SW Kubricks.  I have 4 of them right now, and I don't know if I want to go for these because some of the chases look cool & I don't want to go paying crazy money for those and the exclusives.

I've got a couple of questions, does anyone know of a site with a detailed list of the SW Kubricks that have been released?  It would be nice if it had the series & exclusives, because I'm confused by the carded figures (what's the deal with them?)

my 2nd question is, where do you order your master cases from?  To those that do, do you go through and open every box until you find the chases and then sell off the opened extra figures?

Thanks in advance

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #914 on: August 4, 2005, 10:12 PM »
I checked awhile back for Boba Fett online and not much was to be had, try a Google search "kubrick Boba Fett series 1".  ;)

You can check out our Medicom Kubrick Features we have here at JD. It covers the Early Bird set, Series 1, 2, 3 (Series 4 coming soon), boxed Kubrick sets and my favorite the exclusive carded Kubricks which are only available in Japan through toy exhibits, conventions and the odd ones through an internet mail order.

As for ordering, you can order from HLJ (Hobby Link Japan). RoBBY.jp, BBTS (BigBadToyStore) etc..

Some of us go in on a Master Case and get a sealed box or opened, I guess it depends on the agreement with those involved. Myself I order a Master Case and keep one box sealed for a member here as he like to open the box and I open the other 3 and 2 of those 3 sets of basic go to other members.

Another way to find stuff here is to go through the past and present threads we have on SW Kubricks, some good reading in them and a great blast from the past.  ;D

New Star Wars Kubricks... 

The Kubricks Strike Back 

Power of the Kubricks!

Revenge of the Kubricks