Author Topic: Series 5  (Read 198147 times)

Offline StealthTank

• Youngling
  • "Kubrick Royalty"
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #930 on: August 5, 2005, 11:34 PM »
Guys, take a good look at that guy's Vaders.  Something seem funny about the face under the "broken" mask?  Or is it just me?

Anyhow, I've got a Bape Fett and two Luke stormies "sealed" on the bay right now, if anyone is interested.  Only three day auction, and on a weekend at that. Hmmmmm... ; )

********************************************************************************* Please Note: I've decided to trade the luke stormies to Tony for some carded figs and have ended the auctions.
« Last Edit: August 6, 2005, 01:32 AM by StealthTank »

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #931 on: August 5, 2005, 11:58 PM »
Looks fine to me, could be the camera angle and lighting.

Offline StealthTank

• Youngling
  • "Kubrick Royalty"
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #932 on: August 6, 2005, 12:11 AM »
My baad!  You know; the way it is shot and posed; it looks a heck of a lot like the Chase.  I don't know, I still would not go anywhere near a loose stormie chase, but to each his own I guess.

I'm selling two extra luke stormies, but I'm also selling a dozen sealed vaders I had left over. 

********************************************************************************* Please Note: I've decided to trade the luke stormies to Tony for some carded figs and have ended the auctions.

By the way, interesting tidbit.  In my last master case I had from a popular retailer here, I pulled one vader/luke chase, two stormie lukes, and low and behold.............. two stormie Hans!  I could not believe my eyes when my girlfriend pulled the first one.  They were in the 11th and 12th slots.  I have a sneaking suspicion; someone at hlj goofed.  Please don't flame me... I just thought you all would like to know.  My master cases from other dealers were standard sealed medicom, but this one was shrinkwrapped together.  I've got two coming from robby next time and that's it.  Too much trouble selling the extras off.

Scott
« Last Edit: August 6, 2005, 01:33 AM by StealthTank »

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #933 on: August 6, 2005, 12:17 AM »
My master cases from robby and bbts were standard sealed medicom, but the hlj was shrinkwrapped together.

Scott

Scott, did your parcel from HLJ look like this?

Mine came shrinkwrapped together too.

All said and done, it was a Master Case but sent this way.  ???

Offline StealthTank

• Youngling
  • "Kubrick Royalty"
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #934 on: August 6, 2005, 12:27 AM »
Yes it did; very similar if not exactly the same.  But I would like to neither confirm or deny the store.  : ) Its been over a week now that I got it, but I figured noone would believe me, and frankly I didn't want to scare everyone off of them.  I actually had two master cases pre-ordered and was able to have them change my order to one at the last minute even though the automated shipping mesage was preventing me from canceling online; so they were very helpful and hey I got the master case with 5 chases.  You know, the 12 vaders I have left over are also still sealed and up for auction on eBay right now, but PLEASE assume they are all normal, as I've already pulled one chase.  I have not read of anyone else pulling more than the standard three chases per master, so I assumed a goof.  Could have just been luck, though too.  I don't know, and until someone pulls less than the standard from a case from them, I would just chock it up as just that.

Scott
« Last Edit: August 6, 2005, 12:43 AM by StealthTank »

Offline StealthTank

• Youngling
  • "Kubrick Royalty"
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #935 on: August 6, 2005, 12:45 AM »
Also, I just realized that perhaps they had pulled my two master cases, 8 boxes; re shrinkwrapped them at random into two new boxes; then when I canceled.  They sent me one that was unevely balanced.  I bet that was exactly what happened now that I think about it.

-S
« Last Edit: August 6, 2005, 12:47 AM by StealthTank »

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #936 on: August 6, 2005, 12:48 AM »
Hard to say what they did, they have been good to there customers and I would deal with them again.  ;)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #937 on: August 6, 2005, 01:00 AM »
I've never received a chase from them, but I don't begrudge HLJ that.  They're a good company and enough other people that have ordered single boxes have made out well.  My luck just sucks is all.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline StealthTank

• Youngling
  • "Kubrick Royalty"
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #938 on: August 6, 2005, 01:34 AM »
I certainly agree wholeheartedly.

Offline StealthTank

• Youngling
  • "Kubrick Royalty"
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #939 on: August 6, 2005, 01:44 AM »
You know, while I'm feeling talky, I have to admit that I own a madsontoys Logray as well.  And I have to say that if mine is a fake, it looks awfully similiar to one that I purchased from another source a while back.  I am just intrigued as to how he or someone would be able to pull off such a replica.  I mean the right arm sways out the same as my other one, though neither are very shiny like the one pic posted here recently.  I just think that someone must have got ahold of the original molds or they are in fact original.  Perhaps I just own two fakes I don't know; they both look identical.  Maybe he sent me an original since I paid 110.

-Scott

I honestly do not remember which one I got from him...

« Last Edit: August 6, 2005, 01:57 AM by StealthTank »

Offline nilito

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #940 on: August 6, 2005, 11:08 AM »
Well, I only have the fake one (which, by the way, he's supposed to finally be refunding me after this weekend - took him a while to get back to me, though).  And comparing it with my other real SW Kubricks, I find that the hands are the biggest tip-off.  The fake hands are just so hard and more plastic-y.  In real 'bricks, you can grab one with your fingernail (I guess) and try to widen it slightly to tell that it's softer - and real.  The other's like hard plastic.
:)

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #941 on: August 6, 2005, 12:03 PM »
And comparing it with my other real SW Kubricks, I find that the hands are the biggest tip-off.  The fake hands are just so hard and more plastic-y.  In real 'bricks, you can grab one with your fingernail (I guess) and try to widen it slightly to tell that it's softer - and real.  The other's like hard plastic.
:)

Good to know, should the insanity every take hold of me to get one.   :)

Offline bikeridetony

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • The Star Wars Carded Kubrick Website!!!
Series 5
« Reply #942 on: August 6, 2005, 12:42 PM »
I'll bet he just got hold of some test run Lograys or prototypes from Hong Kong.  They have to make several before they finally get the one they release and he probably knew someone at the factory or "knew the guy who knew the guy".  There's no way someone would go through all that trouble for $100.  It's just not worth it.  Especially when you have all the suspicion.  Did you notice how shiny those Toys R Us 2 figs looked?  They were prototypes too probably.  They had the same sheen as the boot Lograys.  Just a thought.
Tony the Carded Kubrick Guy

http://www.ActionCardbacks.com

Offline Sithbaker

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Krackbrick Addict
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #943 on: August 6, 2005, 04:04 PM »
I'll bet he just got hold of some test run Lograys or prototypes from Hong Kong.  They have to make several before they finally get the one they release and he probably knew someone at the factory or "knew the guy who knew the guy".  There's no way someone would go through all that trouble for $100.  It's just not worth it.  Especially when you have all the suspicion.  Did you notice how shiny those Toys R Us 2 figs looked?  They were prototypes too probably.  They had the same sheen as the boot Lograys.  Just a thought.

To sell just one Logray, I would agree.
To sell a few dozen? Might be worth his trouble to make a bunch.
Tan has 2 of them from him and says they are fakes, I believe him.
Adam

Offline OlBenKenobi

• Youngling
  • deep in the heart of Texas
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #944 on: August 6, 2005, 05:49 PM »
I have an extra Chase Han Stormtrooper that I got from Padawan still sealed for trade or sale.  Also I have a Series 3 Chase Vinyl Jawa.

....also I have a complete set of Series 4 Star Wars figs for $55.  Shipping is free in the US.
Kubrick-fanatic-----approach with extreme caution