Author Topic: Series 5  (Read 198180 times)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #990 on: August 9, 2005, 11:04 PM »

Ebay is funny, I am betting if I showed the picture of the box as well, it would have fetched more. Also, I ended that auction on Sunday. Should have ended it on Saturday evening which is what I normally do. That is when all the snipers prowl. The last few weeks I have been giving Sunday a try.

Welcome sir. 

Ebay is funny, I actually prefer to end auctions on Sunday.  I find people are more often at home than on Saturday's.  Maybe you understand our target audience better than I do though ;)   Plus I usually run auctions for 5 days and am often too busy to list on Monday. 

Still, Matt got the best deal out there, no doubt.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #991 on: August 10, 2005, 12:17 AM »
Welcome to the JD Kubrickaholic nut house Rob, nice to have you here.  :)

So HLJ has there Early Bird special pre-order up. 10,032 yen so about $90. US or $109. CDN per box of 12 and you have till Aug, 19th to get the 5% off there regular cost of 10,560 yen.

I usually run my auctions for 7 days on a Friday or Saturday night and never had any problems, I also try to avoid long weekends and tax time and try to end them around pay days and just after X-Mas.  ;D

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Series 5
« Reply #992 on: August 10, 2005, 12:49 AM »
I can guarantee that the Han you won is on the up and up and you have nothing to worry about.

Ebay is funny, I am betting if I showed the picture of the box as well, it would have fetched more. Also, I ended that auction on Sunday. Should have ended it on Saturday evening which is what I normally do. That is when all the snipers prowl. The last few weeks I have been giving Sunday a try.

Of course, if I knew about this place, I would have just tried to trade it to fill some holes in my collection.

No way in hell I was gonna tell you about this place 'til after I won your Stormie Han!  But now that that's taken care of, welcome to JD Robert.  Glad you took me up on my suggestion to stop on by...  ;)

Didn't really mean for it to sound like I was questioning you at all on that Han auction.  Just curious as to why I got it for so low.  I guess all the talk we've had about fake chase figures lately (Logray, Luke/Han Stormies) made we wonder if there was something I missed in the auction description/picture that was keeping people away...  Didn't seem to be the case, but wanted to run it by my fellow Kubrick experts in here to get their opinion on it.

Brent, I think I saw those other two Han Stormies you mentioned as well, but was factoring in shipping too, which put them a good bit higher.  I love that Rob offers his stuff at a very reasonable shipping fee.  I'm so sick and tired of all the eBayers gouging their buyers with outrageous shipping charges, well over what they actually paid.  Not to mention it was nice to land this piece from a domestic seller too (and in Cali, no less), so that saved a bundle right there not having to bring it in from Asia.

Anyway, welcome to JD, Rob.  I'm sure you'll enjoy the discussion here!  What other stuff are you into besides the Kubricks?  I see you already mentioned the DT Luke figure.  Cool...  8)

- Matt

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Series 5
« Reply #993 on: August 10, 2005, 02:23 AM »
So HLJ has there Early Bird special pre-order up. 10,032 yen so about $90. US or $109. CDN per box of 12 and you have till Aug, 19th to get the 5% off there regular cost of 10,560 yen.

Thanks for the head's up on that, Dale (and Rob).  Just ordered a case of 12.  Didn't feel like going for the master case though.  If I was somehow assured that I could pull a complete set, or at least similar to Series 4 that we just got (just trade one Stormie chase for the other), then I would've gone for it.  But considering that wasn't the case with Series 1 or 3 (can't recall the Series 2 splits), I wasn't going to risk it.  Oh well.  Time to keep chasing the chases.  Hopefully Rob will continue selling them all to me for $43 each!  :D

What were the prices on the Robbie.jp cases again?  They were slightly better than HLJ's, weren't they?
« Last Edit: August 10, 2005, 02:25 AM by JediMAC »

Offline yujun

• Jedi Initiate
  • i love kubricks!
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #994 on: August 10, 2005, 05:41 AM »
robby's case of 12 ard 62us.. excluding shipping..

Offline Sithbaker

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Krackbrick Addict
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #995 on: August 10, 2005, 11:16 AM »
robby's case of 12 ard 62us.. excluding shipping..

And if you order 4 cases, you get a sealed master case.
This can be an important factor in where you buy them from.
Adam

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #996 on: August 10, 2005, 01:36 PM »
Mmm, sealed master case, blue snag.  Yummy.

My Luke stormtrooper showed up today, very nicely packed.  Currently resisting the temptation to open him.  I'm sure I can hold that for long enough since he's just going straight into storage anyway, there's really no need to let him breathe at this point. 

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #997 on: August 10, 2005, 04:07 PM »
Oh please release me, let me go...   :-*

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #998 on: August 10, 2005, 04:22 PM »
Oh please release me, let me go...   :-*

Maybe later, when it gets unpacked, but not now.  I'm not going to see him for a while, so he might as well suffocate.

Offline Sithbaker

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Krackbrick Addict
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #999 on: August 10, 2005, 05:38 PM »
Oh please release me, let me go...   :-*

Maybe later, when it gets unpacked, but not now.  I'm not going to see him for a while, so he might as well suffocate.

If I had to store them, I`d keep the sealed. I lose all small weapons and **** very
easily, it sucks.
I think my cat takes them, I`ll find his stash sometime.
We moved a few years ago, I found a nice little group of them under a cabinet.
I think he bats them around on the hardwood and they went under it, lol.

Adam

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • View Profile
    • Gregorbian's Photobucket
Series 5
« Reply #1000 on: August 11, 2005, 01:46 AM »
I know this is old hat to you hardcore Kubrickaholics  ;)
I received these in the mail today:

I really like these "bootlegs", the quality is pretty high considering their price.  Plus the clones come with die cast weapons!  The blasters for the clones look better than hasbro's version, in my opinion.

Anyway, I just wanted to thank DSJ again for the head's up on that Boba Fett  8)
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
Is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #1001 on: August 11, 2005, 01:54 AM »
Anyway, I just wanted to thank DSJ again for the head's up on that Boba Fett  8)

You got it already!  :o  Dang, the mail is moving fast around these parts.  8)

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Series 5
« Reply #1002 on: August 11, 2005, 01:59 AM »
Nice pickup there Gregorbian (is your real name Greg?  Gregorbian's too long!  :P)

I just nabbed my bootleg Biker Scout on Speederbike a few weeks ago from Dan (artooa6).  The Fett that comes in the tin is pretty cool too.  I don't think too many of the Kubrick regulars have delved into the bootlegs yet, actually.  I think they're definitely unique, and a pretty good value for a cool unofficial knockoff.

I passed on the Clones and TPM sets though, since I'm only going with the OT stuff with these lines.  Good stuff though.  Congrats on the purchase(s).

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • View Profile
    • Gregorbian's Photobucket
Series 5
« Reply #1003 on: August 11, 2005, 02:22 AM »
Thanks!
Yeah, my name is "Greg"  ;)

I really like the Biker Scout, $10 (plus $10 for shipping  ::)) isn't that bad of a deal.  I ordered the clones because it was only another $5 for shipping and I knew I'd have to buy them sooner or later.  I saw that bootleg Fett on eBay but I think, since I have the original, that I don't need that figure.

DSJ - the seller was really good, she even refunded the difference in shipping  ;D
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
Is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

Offline Commander Cody

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #1004 on: August 11, 2005, 03:47 AM »
Is anyone taking preorders for series 5 yet?