Author Topic: Series 5  (Read 197034 times)

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #30 on: June 23, 2005, 03:54 PM »
I have a Master Case ordered as well but I'm thinking of dropping that in leiu of picking up a full set w/ chases like I did before.  That usually runs around $200-$220 instead of the $300 and hassle of selling sets

That's what I'm thinking about doing.  After the trouble I had of catching up, I figure this is the easiest (and most likely, least expensive) way to go.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Sithbaker

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Krackbrick Addict
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #31 on: June 23, 2005, 04:08 PM »
My new top 10 wishlist:

Hammerhead
Walrus Man
Snowtrooper
Biker Scout
Emperor's Royal Guard
TIE Fighter Pilot
Grand Moff Tarkin
Luke Skywalker (X-Wing Pilot)
Gamorrean Guard
Bib Fortuna

:)

This is pretty much my top 10 as well!  ;D
Adam

Offline Sithbaker

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Krackbrick Addict
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #32 on: June 23, 2005, 04:18 PM »
I have a Master Case ordered as well but I'm thinking of dropping that in leiu of picking up a full set w/ chases like I did before.  That usually runs around $200-$220 instead of the $300 and hassle of selling sets

That's what I'm thinking about doing.  After the trouble I had of catching up, I figure this is the easiest (and most likely, least expensive) way to go.

Thats not a bad way to go. If I were just buying for me, I would do that.
But my buddies and I like to order the master case, get a case of beer
and make a night of it. Last time I got the chase, so I`m out for this
chase  :-[

Adam

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Series 5
« Reply #33 on: June 23, 2005, 05:25 PM »
Man that is awesome. Yoda looks incredible. I cant believe we got a look of series 5 before we even got series 4 in our hands. Just fantastic. Blue Snagg i hope and think is a definate for a chase figure.  ;D
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #34 on: June 23, 2005, 05:33 PM »
I have a Master Case ordered as well but I'm thinking of dropping that in leiu of picking up a full set w/ chases like I did before.  That usually runs around $200-$220 instead of the $300 and hassle of selling sets

This is my plan with both four and five.  I'll just watch for it, bite the bullet and be done. 

I think HLJ is not filled with fools.  I think they know which boxes to ship out as single boxes of 12 and which to retain otherwise.  Much as the folks here have a really good notion of how the box arrangement in the master case is set up.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline bomarr Monk

• Youngling
  • !
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #35 on: June 23, 2005, 06:18 PM »
I think HLJ is not filled with fools.  I think they know which boxes to ship out as single boxes of 12 and which to retain otherwise.

I purchased 1 box of 12 from HLJ and I pulled a VC Jawa.  I don't think HLJ goes through master cases and sift out the one with chases.  That would not be good karma.

I'm trying my luck again as I order  a single box of 12.  ;D
« Last Edit: June 23, 2005, 06:20 PM by bomarr Monk »

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #36 on: June 23, 2005, 06:21 PM »
Well I'm more than pleased to be shown wrong on that point.  I think that's a spectacular piece of business for HLJ to be doing things that way. 

Thanks for pointing out my error, I guess it's just been my bad luck with boxes from them. :'(
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline bikeridetony

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • The Star Wars Carded Kubrick Website!!!
Series 5
« Reply #37 on: June 23, 2005, 07:17 PM »
Here are my predictions/thoughts-

Yoda- 1/12 (He's way too big)
Jedi Luke- 3/12- Chase Holo, Dagobah, or caped (We should be getting the cape anyway!)
Slave Leia- 1/12 (What's with her boobs?)
Admiral Ackbar- 1/12
Death Star Gunner- 2/12- Chase Death Star Commander (only one from the original 12-back missing) or Tie Fighter Pilot
Snaggletooth- 2/12- Chase Blue Snaggletooth (Seems we all agree on this one)

I definitely sense the Jabba boxed set coming.
Tony the Carded Kubrick Guy

http://www.ActionCardbacks.com

Offline Sithbaker

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Krackbrick Addict
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #38 on: June 23, 2005, 07:40 PM »
Here are my predictions/thoughts-

Yoda- 1/12 (He's way too big)
Jedi Luke- 3/12- Chase Holo, Dagobah, or caped (We should be getting the cape anyway!)
Slave Leia- 1/12 (What's with her boobs?)
Admiral Ackbar- 1/12
Death Star Gunner- 2/12- Chase Death Star Commander (only one from the original 12-back missing) or Tie Fighter Pilot
Snaggletooth- 2/12- Chase Blue Snaggletooth (Seems we all agree on this one)

I definitely sense the Jabba boxed set coming.

If they make her boobs too big, she will fall over. Her hair isn`t big enough to
counter weigh them I think.
The Kubrick Jean Grey has a big rack, but huge hair to keep her balanced.
I took her hair off (yeah, I play with them some when I get them, so what!  :P )
when I got her and she fell right over. I also put her boobs on Daredevil (don`t ask) and he could hardly stand  ;D
Adam

Offline bikeridetony

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • The Star Wars Carded Kubrick Website!!!
Series 5
« Reply #39 on: June 23, 2005, 08:02 PM »
I think we should mail Medicom and demand a better rack!  She's not 80 years old.  She had a tight little body back in '82.  Let's do it for Carrie Fisher!  I'm sure Medicom can fix it.  Those must be protos. 
Tony the Carded Kubrick Guy

http://www.ActionCardbacks.com

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #40 on: June 23, 2005, 08:43 PM »
HAHAHAHA....oh, that Slave Leia figure just cracks me up!!  The rest are very cool and I'm bummed I never jumped in to this line in the beginning.  I was wondering if anyone has acquired all the chase figures?  Is Ebay the best way to go for these or do you just buy a cases??
Beth

Offline aka DaBigKahuna

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #41 on: June 23, 2005, 08:53 PM »
I too ordered a box of series 4 from HLJ and plan on doing the same for series 5.  This is great news to release in Fall or Winter. 

The wait for series 4 has been hard.  BTW, any hard and fast dates on the release of 4?

DBK

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Series 5
« Reply #42 on: June 23, 2005, 09:19 PM »
HAHAHAHA....oh, that Slave Leia figure just cracks me up!!  The rest are very cool and I'm bummed I never jumped in to this line in the beginning.  I was wondering if anyone has acquired all the chase figures?  Is Ebay the best way to go for these or do you just buy a cases??
I don't have the two variant Fetts but do have the rest

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Series 5
« Reply #43 on: June 23, 2005, 09:19 PM »
I too ordered a box of series 4 from HLJ and plan on doing the same for series 5.  This is great news to release in Fall or Winter. 

The wait for series 4 has been hard.  BTW, any hard and fast dates on the release of 4?

DBK
I believe I have heard July 2nd

Offline Sithbaker

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Krackbrick Addict
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #44 on: June 23, 2005, 09:25 PM »

DBK
I believe I have heard July 2nd

Yep, the place where I ordered them from said they will ship to them on 2nd-5th sometime. Same with RAH Vader in case anyone has that on order.

Adam