Author Topic: Series 5  (Read 197016 times)

Offline aka DaBigKahuna

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #45 on: June 23, 2005, 10:13 PM »
Scott / Adam:

Thanks!  9 days and counting...

Matt

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #46 on: June 23, 2005, 11:29 PM »
HAHAHAHA....oh, that Slave Leia figure just cracks me up!!  The rest are very cool and I'm bummed I never jumped in to this line in the beginning.  I was wondering if anyone has acquired all the chase figures?  Is Ebay the best way to go for these or do you just buy a cases??
I don't have the two variant Fetts but do have the rest

Do you have the black pauldron stormtrooper?

I'm pretty far along with this stuff, but have a number of holes:
Rebo set - price has to drop, right?
Droids R2 - thanks Andy >:(
Holo Leia - just a matter of time
Blond Luke - maybe, maybe not
chase Fetts - if they ever drop in price I'd love to have them
black pauldron stormie - nope, not really interested.  Might cheat and paint one :P
Whatever the chase Ewok is - I guess if I ever have that as the only hole
That's it, isn't it?  Mine are all loose.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Commander Cody

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #47 on: June 24, 2005, 12:46 AM »
I'm only missing Boba Fett and Sandtrooper carded. :'( I have the rest, including the chase figures. I'm ready for waves 4 and 5! ;D

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Series 5
« Reply #48 on: June 24, 2005, 12:54 AM »
HAHAHAHA....oh, that Slave Leia figure just cracks me up!!  The rest are very cool and I'm bummed I never jumped in to this line in the beginning.  I was wondering if anyone has acquired all the chase figures?  Is Ebay the best way to go for these or do you just buy a cases??

Dale's got EVERYTHING, including the $300 - $400 carded Boba Fett and Sandtrooper, which is what many of the rest of us are lacking...  Simon's all caught up with everything too, I think.  Daniel (evenflow) might be as well...

Ebay's a good place to hit Beth, there's definitely some good deals out there on the regular basic figures to get you started.  You too Jesse and Brian.  But those chase figures will always run you a good $50 - $100, unfortunately.  But these suckers are all well worth it, and are definitely some of our absolute favorite Star Wars collectibles...  8)

Offline bikeridetony

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • The Star Wars Carded Kubrick Website!!!
Series 5
« Reply #49 on: June 24, 2005, 01:07 AM »
I'm all caught up too.  400% Fett is arriving tomorrow.  My case of Series 4 is already on order too. 
Tony the Carded Kubrick Guy

http://www.ActionCardbacks.com

Offline Sithbaker

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Krackbrick Addict
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #50 on: June 24, 2005, 04:52 AM »
I'm all caught up too.  400% Fett is arriving tomorrow.  My case of Series 4 is already on order too. 

Congrats on the Fett! eBay?
I want one soooo bad, but I can`t afford it just yet  :-[
Adam

Offline Illford_Brimley

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #51 on: June 24, 2005, 05:27 AM »
Just curious what people think about buying rare figures without their accessories...

I recently found a Boba Fett with the red gauntlets for 8 bucks at a local store here in Japan... But no gun!

What do you people think... I have a hard time bringing myself to do it, but I can't bring myself to pay alot for single figures...

Anybody got guns for that figure they could hook me up with?

Peace...
Illford

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #52 on: June 24, 2005, 09:23 AM »
The gun only came with the Red Gauntlets and the Droids version, might be best to get a cheap Droid Boba to get the weapon. Still a great price for a chase with no weapon.

Looks like there could be 3 or 4 of us caught up on the the Kuby's.   8)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #53 on: June 24, 2005, 09:52 AM »
I'd pay $8 for the red gauntlet Fett without a gun :o  What a great price.  Droids Fett should run about $50 or so.  That's about what mine cost and should be at the post office today ;D

Offline yujun

• Jedi Initiate
  • i love kubricks!
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #54 on: June 24, 2005, 11:28 AM »
Just curious what people think about buying rare figures without their accessories...

I recently found a Boba Fett with the red gauntlets for 8 bucks at a local store here in Japan... But no gun!

What do you people think... I have a hard time bringing myself to do it, but I can't bring myself to pay alot for single figures...

Peace...
Illford

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=751&item=5982829592&rd=1&ssPageName=WD1V

is this u're refering to?

Offline Hes No Good to Me Dead

• Jedi Padawan
  • That's it baby, when you got it, flaunt it.
    • View Profile
    • Now With Kung-Fu Grip
Series 5
« Reply #55 on: June 24, 2005, 11:47 AM »

Peace...
Illford

Personally I'b be a bit wary if it were only $8 without a gun. Could be a fake. Examine it carefully before deciding. With gun with that one only came with that figure and the Droids Fett. I guess you could open a Droids Fett to get the gun. It might be worth it.

The chases for Series 5 could also be a Jedi Like with blue saber and Yoda with an orange snake. But I think the Blue Sang is a definite.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #56 on: June 24, 2005, 12:25 PM »
Has the picture from a couple of pages back disappeared for anyone else?  I'm only getting a red x and our server is shiite today, so it might just be me.  If not, did anyone save it?  I wanted to sneak a peak at the details again after Simons comments.

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #57 on: June 24, 2005, 12:27 PM »
Not there for moi.  Still on the front page though.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2005, 12:27 PM by Mikey D »
Common sense isn't so common

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #58 on: June 24, 2005, 12:35 PM »
I just went to the Medicom site, it's down so that will be the problem.

You can use mine.  ;)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #59 on: June 24, 2005, 01:10 PM »
Thanks Dale, always nice to know when you're not insane. 

It's too bad Yoda does not appear to come with a snake.  The orange snake with a regular Yoda would have been great as an accessory and then Simon's suggestion of a brown snake chase would have been a lot of fun.  Anyone know anyone there?  Maybe they can add it to the production.  I suppose they could do a subtle change in the cane too.   ::)

I like the suggestion of the blue saber for Luke as well, that's a nice choice along the line of the different instrument for the Cantina band member. 

And speaking of the band member, that's actually a hole in my collection - I only have the regular instrument from the HLJ shipments.  Anyone have a spare?