Author Topic: Series 5  (Read 198564 times)

Offline Matt Brand

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Lunaroma Aromatherapy & Natural Body Care
Series 5
« Reply #1080 on: August 19, 2005, 12:52 PM »
have any of you checked out the star wars competition at mopiku's?

I have a couple of pictures up there, I think one of the others was done by someone who posts here too.   anyhow, heres a link,  definately worth a look, vote on your favourites!

http://www.mopiku.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=27

mondo coyote

I just voted for the Carbon Freeze.  That guy from kubrickworld, dedmanoncampus , made it, and I think its really by far the best.
be_sharp@hotmail.com

Lunaroma Aromatherapy - www.lunaroma.com

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #1081 on: August 19, 2005, 04:37 PM »
Series 4 is done ;D  Thanks to Robert/olbenkenobi I have my Han stormtrooper, nicely sealed in his baggie where he shall continue to suffocate interminably. 

Bring on series 5!
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Series 5
« Reply #1082 on: August 19, 2005, 05:42 PM »
Anyone who wants to order from robby.jp better do it soon as I got this e-mail last night:

"This is Ryo from RoBBy, Inc. I would like to inform you the reservation date of following item(s) is closing soon.

The reservation date of both item will be closed on the 22 th of Aug and this is your final chance to get the SW items. "

Crap.  I finally heard back from him last night, and he had several more questions for me about my "business", so apparently I wasn't quite as clever as you guys when filling out his questionaire, or something...  :-\

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #1083 on: August 19, 2005, 07:54 PM »
Anyone who wants to order from robby.jp better do it soon as I got this e-mail last night:

"This is Ryo from RoBBy, Inc. I would like to inform you the reservation date of following item(s) is closing soon.

The reservation date of both item will be closed on the 22 th of Aug and this is your final chance to get the SW items. "

Crap.  I finally heard back from him last night, and he had several more questions for me about my "business", so apparently I wasn't quite as clever as you guys when filling out his questionaire, or something...  :-\

Damn, not much of a bullshitter eh! Well hopefully you can bull**** your way through or your going to have to go somewhere else to pre-order.  :-\

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #1084 on: August 19, 2005, 08:01 PM »

I'll sell you a set of regulars if you get stuck :D

Offline robmob

• Youngling
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #1085 on: August 19, 2005, 09:00 PM »

You and me both.
Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #1086 on: August 19, 2005, 09:07 PM »

You and me both.

2 of you now, dang! Maybe RoBBy.jp has been getting a lot of people signing up and just ordering the Series 5 and might be just questioning to clamp down on things. Dunno.  :-\

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #1087 on: August 19, 2005, 11:02 PM »
I bet that's a reasonable guess Dale.  There must have been a flurry of North American's doing just that lately.  If I knew the Kubrick market better and could make some money off Marvel or the like I'd probably guilt myself into ordering a case of something else. 

Offline mondocoyote

• Youngling
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #1088 on: August 21, 2005, 06:29 AM »
I left  Chiba at about 5.20 this morning, got to the queue at 7ish, then sat down for 3 hours. the queue was seriously immense even at that hour, I reckon there were at least 3,ooo people ahead of me.
when I got in me n me mate dashed to where we thought the stall was, but unfortunately id cocked up, there was medico stand in the same room, my  katakana skills are weak.

about 5 minutes later when found the Boba Fett queue the it must have been about 200strong, and this was twenty five minutes after the doors opened. there were people in front carrying 3 toys they had already bought. there was another dealer handing out cash to a row of people he had planted in the line. things looked bad.

anyhow, stressful though it was, it was also rewarding and I  got myself 2 of the toys( my mate has no interest in them)

heres some photos, note lukes cape...

and finally, me triumphant. most of those guys still queuing in the background  walked away empty handed

Offline mondocoyote

• Youngling
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #1089 on: August 21, 2005, 09:27 AM »

So what's your story with being out there in Japan?  Business, travel, school, teaching English...?  Where do you originally hail from?  Judging by your spelling of "favourites", I might guess England.

So do you collect any other Star Wars stuff, or are you mostly just a Kubrick nut? 

- Matt

ok, proper introduction,

Yes, Im from England but moved to japan about 2 years ago after I married my wife (shes japanese). Im currently working for a teaching giant- NOVA, (the one with the annoying bunny mascot)but would eventually like to find something a little more creative (artistically).

I am pretty much a 'kubrick nut', but it was the star wars series that dragged me into them.  Somehow I find the stylized lego men infinitely more interesting than the more realistic figures. maybe partly because I saw the kenner style toys when they first came out- since then I havent felt the figures did enough new, more that they were copies of what had come before.  Also with these kubricks I'm involved from the beginning, in something completely original, rather than playing catch-up. I understand many people love the more realistic toys but they are just not for me.

I also kind of like the fact that the series will end, and that will be that. I dont want to be involved forever. I think medicom can be trusted not to drag it out forever. If they brought out a series of prequel toys I wouldnt be interested.

Are most of the people here general star war collectors?

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #1090 on: August 21, 2005, 10:25 AM »
Whoa, ya got 2. Congrats Mondo.  8)

So what are you going to do with the second one? Hint...hint.  ;)

Great pictures, looking forward to this Series 5.  8)

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Series 5
« Reply #1091 on: August 21, 2005, 11:20 AM »
Nice touch on Lukes cape, awesome. Thanks for the pics. Ill take that extra boba off your hands as well.  ;D ;)
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Sithbaker

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Krackbrick Addict
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #1092 on: August 21, 2005, 12:17 PM »
Congrats on getting the Boba, probably made the whole trip worthwhile for ya.

I like the kubs because of how unique they are & most people have no idea
what they are. I collect other kubs too though (mostly marvel and space themed
ones, DC and a few others that catch my interest).

Adam

Offline Hes No Good to Me Dead

• Jedi Padawan
  • That's it baby, when you got it, flaunt it.
    • View Profile
    • Now With Kung-Fu Grip
Series 5
« Reply #1093 on: August 22, 2005, 11:53 AM »
Nice one Mondo. That was much better than my first effort there. I came away empty handed and fustrated as hell.

So you're at Nova hey. I did a stint there a few years ago.  Where are you based? Kashiwa or Matsudo or something like that?

Those figures look great. Yoda's head is awesome. I noticed Luke also come's with a cape. That looks great too. But surprisingly Yoda doesn't have a snake. Maybe that's a possible chase.

Offline Matt Brand

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Lunaroma Aromatherapy & Natural Body Care
Series 5
« Reply #1094 on: August 22, 2005, 01:24 PM »
So excited about that Luke Jedi.  What a cool cape!
be_sharp@hotmail.com

Lunaroma Aromatherapy - www.lunaroma.com