Author Topic: Series 4  (Read 60981 times)

Offline drewlam

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Series 4
« Reply #45 on: February 24, 2005, 09:29 AM »
Maybe I'm in the minority, but I REALLY don't want to see any "new" figures as chase.  I don't have the funds to go after chase figures, but didn't really care when they were repaints or variants.  I'm kinda ticked that they made Logray a chase last time, because I would have liked to have picked him up.  If they were to go with a major character like yoda as a chase, I think that would probably be the end of Kubricks for me.  Even something like a royal guard would be pretty annoying. 
I would rather see them stick with things like boba repaints, the vinyl cape jawa, or even the carbonite sickness han.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Series 4
« Reply #46 on: February 24, 2005, 10:09 AM »
I agree Drew, I'd prefer to see series 1 style chase.  I can choose to live without those and not really be affected by it.  I'm fortunate that my disdain for Ewoks paid off big time here but I feel I paid too much for the VC Jawa (compensation for not having the real thing?).  I'd be very happy to see a modified stormtrooper (different blaster or battle damage), a modified Vader (RH, Holo, etc) or the like.  The thought of slipping Yoda in as a chase scares the crap out of me.  Same goes for any of the other mentioned "different" figures, I expect the demand (and price) for those would be sky high, given they are OT. 

I'm still not clear on why companies like to have such secondary market action going on.  I understand it raises profile, but look at McFarlane, a company I think is starting to wane already.  Sure, more retailers than ever are carrying it but more is left on the pegs than ever before as well.  For the first time I saw a $2 McFarlane sportspick.  That can't thrill a retailer very much and Zellers isn't going to be happy having Kings Gretzky on the pegs for another three years.  I guess it's still working for ToyBiz with Marvel Legends, but that'll wane soon too I'd wager.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Series 4
« Reply #47 on: February 24, 2005, 10:11 AM »
I think the ratio will be the same as the past series. I'm taking a guess here that Nien Nunb, Emperor, and Han will be a ratio of 1 leaving Darth, Luke and the Stormtrooper as a ratio of 3. Good army builders the Stormtroopers will be.  ;)

Reality chase figures... something Darth and the Stormtrooper I think.  

Then again, this is Medicom where they can suprise you with anything, remember Indy!

Offline Padawan

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Series 4
« Reply #48 on: February 24, 2005, 10:39 AM »
Just ordered the Max Rebo Band Kubrick set.  $135.00 shipped.  Hopefully, I won't regret it when the other 1505 are released.   :-\

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
Series 4
« Reply #49 on: February 24, 2005, 10:40 AM »
Was that through Spanky?

Offline Padawan

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Series 4
« Reply #50 on: February 24, 2005, 10:46 AM »
Was that through Spanky?

Yep. 

They charged me the same shipping for the Max Rebo set as they did for my last order. 

My last order consisted of the Maharishi DPM Identifier series 2 Kubrick set of 6, Toy Story Kubrick Set B, & The Nightmare Before Christmas Kubrick set D.  I figured shipping was going to be about $10.00 cheaper, but I guess I was wrong.   :-\
« Last Edit: February 24, 2005, 10:49 AM by Padawan »

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
Series 4
« Reply #51 on: February 24, 2005, 10:51 AM »
I'm still torn what to do, jump on it or wait till the 1505 are released.  :-\

Congrats on getting one Padawan, when it arrives, let us know what you think of the set.  :)

Offline Padawan

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Series 4
« Reply #52 on: February 24, 2005, 11:02 AM »
I'm still torn what to do, jump on it or wait till the 1505 are released.  :-\

Congrats on getting one Padawan, when it arrives, let us know what you think of the set.  :)

Thanks.   :)

I'll be sure to take some open pics as soon as I get it. 

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Series 4
« Reply #53 on: February 24, 2005, 03:22 PM »
I really would like to see a Yoda as a chase.

No way.  As popular a character as Yoda is, there's no way that they'd make him a chase figure.  They're probably holding off on him to make him "the star" of Series 5, or something like that.  Besides, he doesn't fit thematically as a chase figure for any of the figures that are in Series 4, so it ain't gonna happen.  And as much as I'd like to get a Yoda ASAP, I don't want it to be through the hassle (and $) of tracking a chase figure down.

It's possible he'll still pop up in a ROTS themed series after Series 4, though I hope they stick with the OT stuff.

I still think a blue coated Hoth Han might be on tap, along with an RH Vader.  If we get the Blue Han, it's gonna be another impressive notch in Scott's belt, as far as helping lead the charge in that whole insane debate a couple years ago...   ;)

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Series 4
« Reply #54 on: February 24, 2005, 03:28 PM »
I just thought of another possible chase, other than the two I just mentioned:  Dagobah Luke (in the Bespin Luke box, of course).  It'd be a pretty boring figure for sure, but certainly within the realm of possibilities.  I'm sure Jeff probably mentioned that one in his LONG list there already, so forgive me if he did, as I didn't have all day to read through it!   :P

So my predictions for the chase(s), in order of probability, are:

1. RH Vader
2. Blue coat Hoth Han
3. Dagobah Luke
4. Holo Emperor

That's because the image is composed of 3 separate .gif files.  Here's what it should look like combined...

That's lame.   :-\

Wow!!!  Awesome assortment!!!  I'm seriously hoping that the stormtrooper is 4 per case.  And June as a release?  Again, wow!!!
        Aren't you due for another kid soon :-*
                  Apparently I'm due for another six of them.  Kubricks are just like family.

And that's funny!   ;D
« Last Edit: February 24, 2005, 04:05 PM by JediMAC »

Offline Sithbaker

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Krackbrick Addict
    • View Profile
Series 4
« Reply #55 on: February 24, 2005, 03:58 PM »
Was that through Spanky?

Yep. 

They charged me the same shipping for the Max Rebo set as they did for my last order. 

My last order consisted of the Maharishi DPM Identifier series 2 Kubrick set of 6, Toy Story Kubrick Set B, & The Nightmare Before Christmas Kubrick set D.  I figured shipping was going to be about $10.00 cheaper, but I guess I was wrong.   :-\

I would like to order this, but I don`t know where to put any of my info, no english on the page from what I can find  :(
Adam

Offline Padawan

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Series 4
« Reply #56 on: February 24, 2005, 08:17 PM »
Was that through Spanky?

Yep. 

I would like to order this, but I don`t know where to put any of my info, no english on the page from what I can find  :(

I saw that someone explained it to you at Kubrickworld.  If you need further assistance LMK.  It usually takes them a day or two to respond. 

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Series 4
« Reply #57 on: February 25, 2005, 02:47 PM »
Starting to show up on Japanese e-tailer websites now...

Here's the bigger pic they are using:

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline artooa6

• Youngling
    • View Profile
Series 4
« Reply #58 on: February 26, 2005, 06:33 PM »
Anyone get the Winter Festival Max Rebo set yet?

I'm wondering what's behind the figures in the package.

Is it just tan cardboard, or a backdrop of Jabba the Hutts Palace? :-\

I can't tell from the pictures I've seen of it so far.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
Series 4
« Reply #59 on: February 26, 2005, 06:38 PM »
Anyone get the Winter Festival Max Rebo set yet?

I'm wondering what's behind the figures in the package.

Is it just tan cardboard, or a backdrop of Jabba the Hutts Palace? :-\

I can't tell from the pictures I've seen of it so far.

From the onther thread that has passed on.  ;)

Looks like the box set comes with a cardboard insert of a Cantina section for displaying the Kuby's on.  8)