Author Topic: Series 8  (Read 144583 times)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Series 8
« on: January 2, 2007, 03:05 PM »
Series 8 - while dredging through the old, split off topics I noticed that Adam saw the announcement in January of last year (or maybe the year before) so we may only be three weeks from knowing what's coming in July of this year.  The box set is announced, we have the carded Kub for the year (well, latter half of last year anyway) so it's time for a new series. 

As stated in the other thread (series 7), I really hope the blue guard isn't a signal of a future direction.  I'm mostly ok with its appearance as a chase figure because it made sense to a degree.  What I don't want to see is a shift any time soon to the PT stuff.  I know folks like them, but Medicom has been so good with the homage to vintage I'd hate to see it end.  Still a good chunk of figures left to do but with so many of the Luke/Han/Leia figures done, they might be starting to scratch their heads at what to make 3 or 4 per box.  A snowtrooper would have been an ideal fit but its announcement in the box set is a bit of a head scratcher.  I'm still hoping they put it out as a regular figure, with some sort of deco difference as the boxed scout trooper has/had. 

I think we're good to go OT style for series 8 because they can still do a Luke in Hoth outfit.  Leia could also be out there too, leading well to an ESB series as many have suggested as a possibility. 

Luke (Hoth) 4:24
Snowtrooper 3:24
Ugnaught (blue or purple, one's a chase) 2:24
Leia (Hoth or Bespin) 1:24
Power Droid 1:24
Tessek (Ree Yees chase) 1:24

And yeah, I'm right there with you wanting them to switch the snowtrooper/Luke ratio around, but I'm thinking they won't.  Not sure what the third chase would be. 

After this series though I think they're running low on Luke/Han to bulk up the front end of a series.  They pulled ceremonial Luke from the modern line for a box set, so maybe then can find another alternate that way.  Could also use a black Imperial officer down the road as well. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
Re: Series 8
« Reply #1 on: January 2, 2007, 04:15 PM »
If it's all ESB, give me:
Hoth Luke
Hoth Leia
Lobot
FX-7
Dagobah R2
Snowtroopers, and lots of em
(Chase figures of Bespin Leia 1:96, Probot 1:96, and bespin guards in each color, 2:48)

But now that Yakface is out, I really want to see a Garindan. With that big gonzo nose and a robe like Luke Jedi from series 5. Hammerhead would be fantastic too. Squidface and Bib are close behind. I think we need at least 1 more series from each movie-

I like the idea of ugnaughts as well, maybe they could stand in for dagobah R2. Or some hoth rebels.

I'm thinking the prequels could wait a while too. I am certainly slanted to the OT as a fan anyway, but seeing 50 paint decos of clones (1/2 of the chases) would sour my kubrick interest considerably. As much as I like imperials, I had to force myself to buy the latest round of Hasbro colors (green, green aotc, and blue stripes).

Series 1 was all bounty hunters, so maybe a core character isn't a requirement for a wave. Jabba's palace and New Hope tatooine are still ripe with characters. We have squidface, bib fortuna, wuher, hammerhead, power droid, weequay, ree-yees, 8-d8, klaatu (2 outfits), rancor keeper, at-st driver, nikto, EV-9D9, imperial dignitary, barada, lando general, amanaman, and those are just the good ideas (well, maybe not malikali, but he's in the vintage line).

Keep em comin Medicom!  ;D

And how about a mail away, send in 5 spirit anakins, get spirit yoda free!

Offline Sithbaker

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Krackbrick Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 2, 2007, 04:22 PM »
Great lists guys! I`m really hoping they hold off on PT kubs till a few more OT series are out. I don`t mind the occasional one (such as blue rg), but there is still sooo much OT to do! I really want a squidhead. For whatever reason, he was a favorite of mine as a youngster. Nikto, Klattu & Barada would be sweet at some point too, Amanaman if they could do it. Popup saber R2. Hammerhead is a must also. Lobot, need a lobot!
Adam

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #3 on: January 2, 2007, 04:24 PM »
Let's see if I can find my Series 8 guess/wish list amongst all those other threads... ah, here it is:

- Hoth Luke (4:12)
   w/Probot Chase (2:48)
- Hoth Leia  (3:12)
   w/Bespin Leia Chase (1:96)
- Bib Fortuna (2:12)
- Squidface (1:12)
- Garindan (1:12)
- Hammerhead (1:12)
   w/Wuher Chase (1:96)

Of course, I'd probably end up being happy with anything from the OT.... prequel stuff, not so much.  I'd buy them, sure, but I wouldn't like it.  :-\  :P
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Sithbaker

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Krackbrick Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 2, 2007, 04:30 PM »
If & when PT kubs happen full force, I really hope for separate series for PT & OT.
I`m itching for Maul, QGJ, Obi and clones clones clones, but I`d rather OT stuff first, I can wait years for PT, if thats ok with Medicom  ;)
Adam

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #5 on: January 3, 2007, 06:26 PM »
Here's my top 9 Wants:

Hammerhead
Power Droid
Hoth Luke
Hoth Leia
Bib Fortuna
Tessek
Lobot
FX-7
Hoth Rebel Soldier

Finishes out SW Vintage Figures, gets 4 essential ESB Hoth Figures and 2 essential Jabba's Goons and Lobot

I'm also dreaming of a Jabba box set...man I hope it happens...oh and  Skiff Guard set with Weequay, Klaatu(s), Nikto(s) and Barada

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 3, 2007, 09:03 PM »
Great lists thus far, yeah still hoping for a Jabba box set.  8)

Just some I would like to see come out soon:

Lobot
FX-7
Cloud Car Pilot
Amanaman
Ugnaught
EV-9D9
Squidhead
Imperial Dignitary
Spirit Yoda, could happen.

Oh yeah... Vlix. I can dream too.  ;)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 3, 2007, 10:02 PM »
Well, they've done two Droids thus far, could it be that a box set is in the offing?  More carded figures?  I'd like to see the Fromms, Vlix and a couple of others from Droids.  I'd not be keen, but they could do a series from Ewoks as well.  I'd like to see that too before the prequel figures kick in.

Skiff guard box set could be neat too.  Maybe toss in an R2 with drink tray or something?

Jabbas box set would be amazing of course; Bib Fortuna, Salacious Crumb, Oola and a repaint of the Gammorean Guard so we can have some more/another.  Or maybe a Rancor Keeper.

I think Spirit Yoda will be coming somehow before long to round out the trifecta.

What's left of the last 17?
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 3, 2007, 10:47 PM »
What's left of the last 17?

Amanaman
A-Wing Pilot
Barada
EV-9D9
Imperial Dignitary
Lando Calrissian General pilot
Lumat
R2D2 with Pop-Up lightsaber
Romba
Warok

We have:

Anakin Skywalker (Old)
Han Solo in Carbonite block
Imperial Gunner
Luke Skywalker in Endor Battle Poncho
Luke Skywalker in Stormtrooper disguise
Paploo
Yak Face

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #9 on: January 3, 2007, 10:54 PM »
I know its probably not right, but I count Ewoks Wicket as either Romba/Lumat/Warok

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 3, 2007, 10:59 PM »
Wicket is not even close to Romba, Lumat & Warok IMO.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #11 on: January 4, 2007, 08:26 AM »
I am still hoping for the Jabba box set. Of course with Jabba, Salacious Crumb, and Bib Fortuna.

A skiff Guardf box set would be really cool as well with Klaatu, Barada, and Niktu. I saw throw in a Weequay and there we have it.

I would love to see more figures from Droids. Vlix, Sise Fromm, Tig Fromm, and Gaff would be awesome.

FOr series 8 I am hoping for:

Amanaman (chase)
Imperial Dignitary
Luke Hoth
Hoth Leia
Lobot
Probot (chase)
Yoda Spirit
A-Wing Pilot
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 4, 2007, 02:40 PM »
I just hope they figure out a way to release the snowtrooper as a basic figure as well. We need that, the AT-ST driver, and some more officers (dark uniforms) for us army building addicts. Am I missing any troops?

We have:
Sandtrooper
AT-AT driver
TIE pilot
Death Star gunner
Death Star trooper
Stormtrooper
Biker scout
Royal Guard
Blackhole stormtrooper
a couple of officers (Tarkin and Veers)

A dignitary would have been a great chase in the royal guard box, missed opportunity for medicom  ???

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #13 on: January 4, 2007, 03:27 PM »
I'd like to see a Hoth General Veers with Helmet & Armor
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #14 on: January 4, 2007, 04:46 PM »
Wicket is not even close to Romba, Lumat & Warok IMO.

To me...that's close enough